The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

Does anyone remember that at the time it opened in 2000 SOB was coaster number 13? I also remember that CP opened Woodstock Express in 1999 as coaster number 13 making way for Millenium Force in 2000 as coaster 14. What different paths each ride has taken. Probably just a silly superstition but I do think CP deliberately built a kiddie coaster as number 13 so MF wouldn't be number 13. Business people can be superstitious-hotels are known for skipping the 13th floor.

They should bring it back next year and if one more person complains of injury, it should be the end.

Didn't we say that after the LAST incident?

Ok lets be fair. One more incident on Firehawk and it should be gone!!!!!! I know SOB has had more than one but the ride can be improved.

Come on, all incidents are different. Don't be so ignorant.

wow. i left for Kings Island right after hearing it was down for the season and bam i go to ride top gun and the Son of Beast sign is gone... the box is there, but no sign. This does not look good, i have this feeling Son of Beast is closed for good. I dont want it to, but it really looks that way. On a more strange note, i rode drop zone tonight, and the lights for the sob station still come on, you'd think they would have those off by now.

Pics or no proof.

Well, Drop Tower doesn't have an on ride photo, and, why, if I may ask, would you demand proof of the lights in the SoB station being on?

Does anyone remember that at the time it opened in 2000 SOB was coaster number 13? I also remember that CP opened Woodstock Express in 1999 as coaster number 13 making way for Millennium Force in 2000 as coaster 14. What different paths each ride has taken. Probably just a silly superstition but I do think CP deliberately built a kiddie coaster as number 13 so MF wouldn't be number 13. Business people can be superstitious-hotels are known for skipping the 13th floor.

In 2000, 14 roller coasters held the record for the most in one park. Kings Island actually claimed to share the record when SOB opened in 2000. KI claimed The Racer as a separate coaster as well as Recar, bringing the total number of coasters to 14. B)

It would not be cost effective to remove the sign for a ride if it was only going to be down for the rest of the year, then put it back up next year. I would say the removal of the sign suggests CP has made up their mind on the fate of SOB. But that is just my opinion.

Then why they remove it last year and put it back up this year?

It costs nothing to remove the sign and put it back, i would think

I say take out about a quarter of the outer helix for a second drop,travel a few thousand feet to a second lift hill like dad.Then connect to very top of helix.The cars will travel slower into the inner helix,but hopefully make it to the midbrake area without the brake.Loops,triple downs,tunnels,wider and heavier cars and some steel supports could all be added.I mentioned before of a smaller train. 4 cars, 6 in each, total of 24.Loops does not have to be 118ft.The only problem I have with this is if the cars make it from second lifthill to midbrake area. I like the 218ft structure,please don't throw it all away.How many 218ft wooden structures are there in the world today? Make this the longest coaster PERIOD. KI , Cedar Fair this could work with less injury.Just get top notch construction team to do the job.I still think sonny could kick b--- with that new track in place. Heck,throw in some bunny hops into the mix as well.I LIKE THOSE JMHO tjc

Does anyone remember that at the time it opened in 2000 SOB was coaster number 13? I also remember that CP opened Woodstock Express in 1999 as coaster number 13 making way for Millennium Force in 2000 as coaster 14. What different paths each ride has taken. Probably just a silly superstition but I do think CP deliberately built a kiddie coaster as number 13 so MF wouldn't be number 13. Business people can be superstitious-hotels are known for skipping the 13th floor.

In 2000, 14 roller coasters held the record for the most in one park. Kings Island actually claimed to share the record when SOB opened in 2000. KI claimed The Racer as a separate coaster as well as Recar, bringing the total number of coasters to 14. B)

When KI first announced SOB in the summer of 1999, they claimed that they would be sharing the record for the most coasters-at the time CP held the record at 13. However, this all changed a few weeks later when CP announced Millenium Force. Millenium Force was CP's 14th coaster, SOB was KI's 13th coaster, counting the backwards Racer.

Shouldn't Kings Island update their website stating that Son of Beast is closed until further notice? Maybe I'm wrong here, but some communication from the park would be appreciated. If not to what's exactly going on, at least to the general public that the ride is still closed.

Ladies and Gentelman, we are setting up for a catostrophic catastropiy. On June 9th 2011 20 years after Kings Island's "Black Sunday" June 9 - Two men were killed after having been electrocuted in a pond at Kings Island amusement park in Kings Island, Ohio. Also later on the same day, a drunk woman fell out of her seat Flight Commander. This day is known as Black Sunday. Son of Beast will be the Main jewel of this. In the double helxi a Transformer will pop out "tsaeb fo nos" are the words to be spoken The 3 signs. Death of the King of Pop, The Worlds best Pitchman and The son of Beat will close forever. Of Course the only way to stop it is to transfer magical wood from Dolleywood on to The Beast the make a good transformer to fight the bad one. Disclamier None of this note is true

Shouldn't Kings Island update their website stating that Son of Beast is closed until further notice? Maybe I'm wrong here, but some communication from the park would be appreciated. If not to what's exactly going on, at least to the general public that the ride is still closed.

Ladies and Gentelman, we are setting up for a catostrophic catastropiy. On June 9th 2011 20 years after Kings Island's "Black Sunday" June 9 - Two men were killed after having been electrocuted in a pond at Kings Island amusement park in Kings Island, Ohio. Also later on the same day, a drunk woman fell out of her seat Flight Commander. This day is known as Black Sunday. Son of Beast will be the Main jewel of this. In the double helxi a Transformer will pop out "tsaeb fo nos" are the words to be spoken The 3 signs. Death of the King of Pop, The Worlds best Pitchman and The son of Beat will close forever. Of Course the only way to stop it is to transfer magical wood from Dolleywood on to The Beast the make a good transformer to fight the bad one. Disclamier None of this note is true

What are you talking about? I swear this place is getting attacked by N00Bz every day.

TylerRider, grow up and come back once you have something informative to say. Not crap. I am not going to stand by and watch as individuals who are here for no other reasson than they are bored and they want their post count to increase and in the meantime destroy the credibility of this site.

Either get with the game or go away. Simple as that.

~RR has had enough and isn't going to take it anymore...

Texas Giant is getting refurbished by GCI or someone, cant remember but i dont see why SoB cant have the same treatment?

If you had a coaster company would you want your company name on it?

Why not, it would show how they could completely turn a coaster around to have top notch safety and provide better thrills.

Texas Giant is getting refurbished by GCI or someone, cant remember but i dont see why SoB cant have the same treatment?

If you had a coaster company would you want your company name on it?

Why not, it would show how they could completely turn a coaster around to have top notch safety and provide better thrills.

What if it didn't work out that way?