The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

I feel the information may be wrong, I would believe it has been down for a total of 3 seasons combined...... So if the ride cost 20 mil to build I would guess that they have probably put in another 5 mil in renovations. And to keep it SBNO it would still cost the park, I would think they would still have to inspect it to make sure it does not collapse, and able to begin operating again. I may be wrong but a company like CF would still want to keep the ride in decent shape in case they do reopen it there is not a ton of work to be done on it, versus letting it rot for 2 years then having to do 2 years of upkeep in a short time.

When they do make a decision (which I think they already have), they'll stick with it. If they leave it SBNO, they're NOT going to try to reopen it in two years. So that's really not an issue. Keeping it from collapsing, yes, but not keeping it able to operate.

When they do make a decision (which I think they already have), they'll stick with it. If they leave it SBNO, they're NOT going to try to reopen it in two years. So that's really not an issue. Keeping it from collapsing, yes, but not keeping it able to operate.

Did it cost Kings Island to replace the loop with a hill? Because if that cost a lot, then I can only imagine how much it would cost for the whole RIDE to be dismantled.

They didn't replace it with a hill. It's just a straitaway. And, i'd imagine it didn't cost much. The lawsuit on the other hand.....

Did it cost Kings Island to replace the loop with a hill? Because if that cost a lot, then I can only imagine how much it would cost for the whole RIDE to be dismantled.

Yes, it costed indeed. Unfortunately, the real world doesn't have Rollercoaster Tycoon physics where you delete a loop and replace it with an S bend, you get money. It costs money to remove things, then money to build more track. Perhaps they could profit from scrap metal though...

oh. you would be surprised. I didnt even visit in '07 till i heard Son of Beast was open. I went a week later. It is a prominent ride, and while it has its reputation it does serious damage being closed. people make up rediculous stories when rides close down, and many other truely believe the stories when they see the ride down, and the confusion that surrounds it when you ask employees. (down for maintenance, anyone?) It is a serious thing to lose a coaster, especially one of that magnitude. It was the tallest thing in the park until Diamondback.... I really want to know how they are going to pitch 2010 season pass sales with all this change and potential loss of many rides coming this offseason... New for 2010, fewer rides! Longer Lines! and lets not forget generic characters!!!

It would be sad for me to see it go. My preference would for it to be modified and re-opened but if SOB is never going to re-open please just knock it down. I hate seeing things SBNO. I know it cost money to dismantle something especially as big as SOB, but if the park is tired of the headaches and bad press and feelings over SOB leaving it SBNO is not going to take care of that entirely.

Does anyone think the park will take part of the ride down next year and the rest in 2011. It would cost less to do it in two parts.

Why exactly would it cost less to do it in two parts? Sure it would spread the bill out over a longer period of time, but would likely cost more in total in my opinion.