Most crowded day ever of 2009? PTR- August 1/2

DropZone99

I went to Kings Island Saturday August 1st. We got to the park at about 9:10am. Re rode Diamondback 4 times during ERT, The line was about 5 Minutes at most. We could of rode probably 6 or 7 times, but we were about to ride Beast but we ended up just waiting for the rope drop. We walked to Firehawk 1 Switchback was already filled. 5 Minutes later we got row 5, the best row on Firehawk. Firehawk is actually a great ride, but the lines so long I never ride it. After an enjoyable ride on Firehawk we walked to Flight of Fear and walked right on to car 4. It wasn't as intense as usual but it was real fun. Since the line was non existent, we got back in line. This time the line was in the room before the station. We rode in the same car but a different train. Mitchell said "This seat smells weird..." Than we both said "Ewww" cause someone must of threw up, and then they cleaned it and put the cleaner on it. Although someone's threw up in every seat hundreds of times, it was gross to think someone just did not to long ago. This ride was kind of bad. I got off and filmed Firehawk and waited for Brian. Than we walked to Racer.

Racer Blue was closed so the line for Red Racer was long. It ended up only being 10 minutes, but it was worth it! Usually I ride in back car, this time I rode second row. Alot better! The airtime was just so amazing, Racer is now my 3rd. favorite ride at Kings Island. Than Adventure Express was next. The station was crowded but the back two rows were empty so we walked right on. For some reason this ride on AE wasn't near as good as usual. My stomach hurt so I went to Festhaus and ate, and watched County Line. County Line was okay, but I probably only think that cause I'm not into shows. After that I went to see how busy Drop Zone was. I'm so used to it being about 10 People in line and getting right on. But the whole queue (including outdoor section) was filled and overflowed into the midway. I was so sad cause Drop Zone had a 2 Hour wait and Son of Beast is closed. So I got inline for Top Gun, one of my favorite coasters. I'm also used to it being 10 people in the station but I was shocked to walk under the tunnel and have to stop because the line started. 45 Minutes later we were about to the steps into the station, and the ride closed due to rain. Than 5 Minutes later it reopened. I love the noise it makes when it reopens! I rode in the front seat of the last car and had a great ride as always. Next we went to Eiffel Tower, the whole queue was filled but we were on in 5 Minutes. I never take the signature shots from Eiffel, so I decided to take them. I was burning up so I wanted to go to Boomerang Bay and ride Snowy River Rampage. We waited 10 Minutes for KI&MVRR. BBay was packed, every slide had a huge line so I ended up not riding any of them. I just took alot of photos and drank some ice cold water.

We rode the train back to Rivertown, Brian had to meet with someone so I rode Diamondback during that. The whole queue was filled, they used temporary queues, and the line went to Nick Restrooms. It took about 15 Minutes for me to get on using single riders lane. Next I ate a Hot Dog at Snakepit, it was actually really good and was the best hot dog ever. Than I randomly walked to Days of Thunder and took photos of AE from it's queue. Decided to get a quick ride on Viking fury Than I walked back to Diamondback and sat down at Snakepit for an hour, watched Diamondback and talked to my friends. My mom got me a McChicken and Sweet Tea from McDonalds so I met her at the Drop Off Zone and ate by the Kennel and watched Invertigo. I was in need for a Drop Zone fix so I waited through the 90 Minute queue. This ride on DZ wasn't as good as usual, but still amazing. I met up with Brian again and we waited 10 Minutes for Blue Racer. Rode near the front and had an amazing ride!

Than Brian wanted to end his night on Diamondback so we walked to it to find the line got longer. Instead of going into the single riders line we waited through the whole queue. And guess what? I had the most amazing ride on Diamondback ever in my life. I got my favorite seat, wasn't stapled, and got a firework ride. Wow, going up the lift watching fireworks, being in the woods hearing them and every now and then seeing one was just the best thing ever! It was cold, and the perfect weather! Than the second we entered the brake run the grand finale went off. I was so happy, I just had the best ride on Diamondback ever with some of my best friends. Than everyone (but Mitchell cause Kelly stapled him) was in an amazing mood so we went to Beast. But the queue was full and overflowing so we decided not to ride. Brian went home, but me and Mitchell stayed and went back to Diamondback and rode 3 more times. We were next on Diamondback but it closed for 5 Minutes. It was 11:55pm. so we decided to get out of line and ride Beast. We sat in my favorite seat (second to last) most the train was empty, it was really cold outside, and super dark! We got the last train of the night, and when I got off I saw Nick and we talked for a Little Bit. I was so sad my day was over, but left happy knowing I had an amazing day at KI!

img1646v.jpg

This was the longest the line got during ERT.

img1650u.jpg

I have never noticed the saw.

img1651kfo.jpg

Pretty random photo of Diamondback.

img1652d.jpg

This is one of my favorite views of Diamondback.

img1658fpm.jpg

As soon as the rope dropped most ERTers went to Firehawk.

img1660x.jpg

Sadly I got no ride on Vortex this visit.

img1663p.jpg

Firehawk was pretty much empty.

img1664f.jpg

Diamondback looks nice from over here.

img1666.jpg

This ride on Firehawk was better than usual, and the crew was working fast. But later in the day they were very slow.

img1668jtn.jpg

Flight of Fear was next, we rode twice.

img1670m.jpg

Son of Beast looks so innocent.

img1679l.jpg

After Racer & AE we went to Festhaus. My camera sucks indoors, when dark, with no tripod, and flash off.

img1687kii.jpg

I wanted to ride Congo but with a almost full queue, I'll pass...

img1690u.jpg

This is one of the only times I've seen every boat filled.

img1698ifw.jpg

Diamondback's splash is much better.

img1696.jpg

Invertigo had a full queue, and was testing after being closed for a while.

img1700j.jpg

This made me really mad!

img1705m.jpg

So did this.

img1708d.jpg

Atleast Top Gun always has a walkon!

img1710c.jpg

Ugh or not...

img1712s.jpg

And to make the already 45 Minute wait longer, the ride closed cause of rain.

img1713d.jpg

But it opened 5 Minutes later!

img1715q.jpg

I'm still shocked to see this.

img1719k.jpg

LOL.

img1728a.jpg

Wow, Eiffel too!?

Part 2 in a minute!

Part 2

img1730f.jpg

Diamondback's line went to Nickelodeon Universe restroom.

img1737aad.jpg

This was taken from Eiffel, pretty good zoom!

img1752n.jpg

I can even take photos of Cliff at The Beach water park a mile away.

img1749i.jpg

Son of Beast trains wrapped up.

img1776v.jpg

I saw probably over 20 People line jump in Backlot's queue in a 5 Minute period.

img1782r.jpg

Even KI&MVRR had a full queue!

img1787h.jpg

Would of been a good photo if the train was going down the drop.

img1796ejj.jpg

We got bored and decided to go to Boomerang Bay and take photos.

img1799h.jpg

I don't see why this slide is so popular, Personally it's my least favorite slide at BBay.

img1806tpf.jpg

I enjoy visiting Boomerang Bay, it brought back alot of memories when I used to go there every time I went to KI, but only it was Waterworks.

img1810w.jpg

I love how they let you get your water in BBay, it's so much better and quicker. Oh an this is the best water I've ever had, super cold!

img1817.jpg

I was going to ride Snowy River Rampage, it's my favorite slide here.

img1821x.jpg

But it had a full queue and was overflowing, so I passed.

img1822j.jpg

Sydney Sidewinder is a nice slide too, probably my second favorite here.

img1823j.jpg

This is the only time I've ever seen Bondi Pipeline have a wait at all.

img1825slf.jpg

This is my least favorite slide probably.

img1833m.jpg

I was bored so I filmed Lil' Bill.

img1838.jpg

The reason I took this photos is because it's going to be rare. The 262' Sign, and Midnight Sign together.

img1839.jpg

He was pretty funny.

img1846e.jpg

Sadly, I only got one ride on Adventure Express today.

img1850n.jpg

I usually always take this photo.

img1855i.jpg

It may not seem high, but when you up there just imagine walking that high on a tiny little wire. He is really brave.

img1863f.jpg

It sucked, no fans at all. Atleast when it hit the brakes a big thing of air comes.

img1878dua.jpg

Blurry photo cause I was holding it.

img1888i.jpg

Kind of creepy, especially thinking it's past midnight and Johny died there.

img1890y.jpg

Thanks for reading! Also I'll have some videos later tonight!

Diamondback- 9

Top Gun- 1

Eiffel Tower- 1

KI&MVRR- 2

Beast- 1

Racer- 2

Adventure Express- 1

Viking Fury- 1

County Line- 1

Drop Zone- 1

Flight of Fear- 2

Firehawk- 1

Whats the story with the target on the tower?

We were so disappointed with the rain from our 2 day visit, that we were going to go back this day.

We drove by the parking lots, and then decided against it. Looked like it was gonna be pretty crowded.

I think this weekend, everyone called everyone they knew and said, "Hey! Let's ALL go to the amusement parks today!" Tom76257 and I were at CP yesterday, and it was packed.. hour to hour and a half wait for Dragster ALL DAY.. ugh.

Quite busy on Friday at KI as well. Good for KI, bad for us that want to get lots of rides in! :)

^Hey! Diamondback's queue on the webcam at 7:30 pm Friday was only a 25 minute-ish wait (last 3 rails in the main queue)...that's pretty good to me!

Needless to say yesterday (Sunday) was glorious all things considered. DB rarely cracked 30 mins post-ROTB and lines for everything else was pretty reasonable. Gold lot never even got completely full. Plus, I got what I wanted in terms of DB seating...can't go wrong with that! :D

Edit to add: nice PTR pics! :)