PTR July 29, 30

Tomkatt7

We headed down I-71 on Tuesday night. Ready to check in to the hotel, get some dinner, and be fresh for a 2 day adventure at our favorite park. Everything was good until after we got hit for the Keyhole photos.

Untitled-5.jpg

We were waiting for the park to open, and the rain hit.

Our original plan was for me and the oldest kid to start out with the smaller coasters, while Momma and the youngest went to Nick Universe. Then we would meet later over at D-Back.

Once the rain started falling, we weren't sure what to do. So we all headed over to FoF. Figuring it would be crowded, but still running. We were wrong about that. It was indeed running, but nobody else was over there. We took turns watching the little one, and we all got a ride. Not a bad way to start the day. By time we all got a ride in, it had stopped raining, and all the coasters were running.

Momma and Maddie headed over to Nick, and me and Katie went towards The Beast. Took a couple of DB pics along the way.

Picture137.jpg

Picture139.jpg

After our ride on Beast, we decided to head over to Diamondback without Mom. I wasn't really to worried about it. The last 2 years my oldest has went down to KI saying all the stuff she was going to ride. She would always get in line, and then have a change of heart halfway through. We could never get her on Crypt, SoB, or anything bigger than Vortex. I was looking up at Db in the queue, and thinking no way, was this ride going to happen! LOL

Untitled-3.jpg

I don't like to pick on people, but in this case, I must. Take a look at the guy riding right behind me. On the brake area after the splashdown, I could hear him telling his friend how bad the ride was, how it doesn't compare to anything at Cedar Point. It wasn't scarey, creampuff. Blah blah blah. When we got into the photo area, I thought I was gonna pass out from laughing so hard!!!

Anyways. We met up with the other 2 members of our family, and switched. Tammy and Katie went to take a DB ride, and I got to have some fun in Nick U. We snuck out of there, and went over to Coney Mall as well.

Picture125.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Picture146.jpg

It started raining again, so we went back to the hotel. Got some food, and decided to wait out the weather.

We didn't end up getting back to the park until 7 o'clock. We were really upset that we had lost nearly 3 hours due to rain, but we quickly forgot about that, when we realized that the park was empty!

We ran around from ride to ride, didn't take many pictures, as we were too busy going through the lines without stopping!!!

Katie ended up with 10 Diamondback rides. She was swapping between me and her mom to ride, but she was good enough to sit with Maddie for one ride so that me and Momma could get a ride in.

Untitled-4.jpg

It was starting to get late, and I am "Old School", so I must be in Coney Mall at the end of the night, for the "carnival" feel and the fireworks. I don't know why, but thats just how it is. LOL. We were able to get a night a night ride on Racer which was just FLYING. It slowed down on the turn around, but not much, I can't remember the last time it ran that hard. We still had about 5 minutes until the fireworks started so we decided to play a game. Ring Toss. I know that nobody ever wins these games, but we figured it would keep the kids busy while we waited for the fireworks to start. On my second handful of rings, one stuck! I couldn't believe it! So we watched the fireworks while they got our prize.

Picture173.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Picture185.jpg

While we were leaving the park, we were walking past the theater, and saw a little skunk messing around there. Tammy decided to take off after it for a picture, I dont know what she was thinking about. By time we screamed at her long enough to leave it alone, she got this picture. You can just see his tail sticking out from the landscaping timbers.

Picture191.jpg

Got back to the hotel, and wanted a picture of my girls, with the big prize. I was hoping for a big banana, but this is what we got!

Picture193.jpg

The next day was a total washout. Very crowded,rain off and on all day. The highlights were Katie and Tammy rode Drop Tower

Picture197.jpg

Katie was the only one wearing jeans!

Maddie got to see Dora and Boots.

Picture195.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Maddie was very excited for a ride on Viking Fury!

Picture198.jpg

Tammy and Katie were riding Diamondback, so me and Maddie went over to Nick.

We rode Avatar, which was a bit intense for a kids ride IMO. I can't figure out how Maddie was not allowed to ride White Water Canyon, but this was OK...

Then Swiper Sweepers, then to Maddies Favorite part of Kings Island.

Picture209.jpg

07-30-09_1805.jpg

07-30-09_1837.jpg

As Maddie enjoyed her Blue Ice Cream, Tammy and Katie were off on DB AGAIN, so I sat down to watch the trains come downs the first hill over the first hill, that was my favorite area, He he he, also because it is near the smoking area.

Picture232.jpg

Avatar ended up walking by, and he sat down with me and chatted for about a half an hour. It was cool to finally stumble across someone from the site. I really enjoyed the company, and was very jealous when I found out how much he gets to come to the park! Tammy and Katie finally came back, so we decided to ride the long flume, then hit The Beast one more time. While we waited for the flume, it started raining again. We decided to ride anyways. Then they closed it down for lightning. As we were leaving the station, an announcement came over the speakers about severe weather. The sound was so distorted where we were, we got the idea, but not the entire message. In short, it was time to go! LOL.

We went back to the hotel, and that was it. No real ending to the trip, which was disappointing, but we still had fun.

Katie is now the family "Ride Warrior" she rode Diamondback, Crypt (which she re-named Crapt), and Drop Tower. She wanted to ride skyflyer, but the rain didnt allow it. We were amazed at her fearlessness. Last year we had to drag her on to Vortex because she was scared of it, and SoB was WAY too big for her to even consider.

I'm sure I'll remember more about the trip later. And maybe post a few more pictures.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Thanks for the kind words.

We really enjoy our trips to the park.

I really enjoyed getting to meet Avatar. I also noticed KiMan working Diamondback. I wanted to talk to him, but those guys were WORKING!

I was amazed at how much they ran around, gathering up items for people, and keeping the train coming in and going out in a very smooth manor. I was impressed with their work. I didn't want to be the one to disrupt it. So I just yelled "Hi" at him as we rode by!!!! LOL

I forgot to add one of the funny parts to my story. Well, funny depending on who you are.

When I won the ring toss game, I yelled out for somebody to pick the prize. Of course no one answered.

I went to my youngest, and asked her. She just looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

The guy had already came over to get the prize for us, it was closing time, and I didn't want to hold him up.

I just told him to grab the wolf. It was Gray and White, and looked really fluffy. What kid wouldn't like that?

We watched the fireworks, and then he came back. Maddie took a look at the wolf, and didn't want it.

She said she wanted the black puppy. The guy said he'd grab it, no problem. I said we would be OK with the wolf.

In the end, he insisted that he go and get her what she wanted. The only thing was, it took a REALLY long time for him to come back.

When he finally showed up, the poor guy was just dripping with sweat. He said that there weren't as many in there as he thought, and he had to dig under the big stack of animals to find it. We got one of two that were left. I told him thanks, but she changed her mind again. There was a split second of panic on his face, and then he said, thats fine, I'll grab another for her. I told him I was kidding, and that I appreciated all his hard work. He looked very relieved to be done with us.

I always hate to put someone out like that. The fact that he did it, and with a smile on his face really made me feel good.

On the way back to the room, my wife said she would have rather had one of the big teddy bears, because it had a Kings Island T- shirt on it. I told her that if I really sent that guy back after another animal, he might have actually punched me!!!

She enjoyed that thought a little too much!