Intresting CP Tweet

Lance from Screamscape had an interesting thought about all of this saying that maybe the aquatrax tweet was really a question like "why would cp do that?" because apparently someone else had started that rumor.

IDK though, you can check that on screamscape.com.

Could this have anything to do with the GCI that was designed for California's Great America? (or did that ride "become" Prowler at WoF?) I know that the CGA Woodie was announced, then put on indefinate hold due to the 49's stadium debate. I'm just thinking out loud here. If they contracted GCI for 3 rides (Renegade at Valeyfair!, Prowler at WoF, and the unnamed Woodie at CGA), would they have to find a home for that ride? This kind of goes along with Dick Kinzel's remarks on one of the conference call that (paraphrasing here) "we convinced a manufacturer to push back a new ride from 2009 to 2010.

Remember, GCI didn't go vertical on Terminator until the middle of January and still finished in the middle of May. The guys at GCI have learned to work miracles and I would never put anything past Jeff, Joe, Clair, Chris, and the crew. They just know how to get it done.

However, the industry does not usually work in a "3 coaster contract" kind of way and just because something was planned for CGA, doesn't necessarily mean that a coaster has to be built. I'm sure GCI got paid for their work and if Cedar Fair decides to construct later, they will get paid for the rest of the work.

I would love to see a GCI ride at CP and I'm disappointed that after the outstanding portfolio of work GCI put together this past year that GCI doesn't seem to have any "high profile" jobs set up for next year. Hopefully some of these CEO's will come to their senses and realize that GCI coasters are some of the best out there in terms of ridability, reliability, and most importantly, affordability.

Eh, I can't say alot about GCII's cause I've only ridden Gwazi which is they're worst coaster. But I think there is too many GCII's that are the same. All of them but Prowler, Gwazi, Lightning Racers, are too alike. If CP does get one it better be original.

I understand what you mean with most of their coasters being twisters, but I disagree that they are all the same. (which I'm sure was expected :))

2009: 3 coasters, 3 extremely different designs, 3 different first drops

2008: direct clone of Thunderbird

2007: Troy, tallest GCI with longest run time & Renegade with one of the most unique first drops in the world

I just think that you should "stick to your guns" and GCI's "gun" is wooden twisters.

I understand what you mean with most of their coasters being twisters, but I disagree that they are all the same. (which I'm sure was expected :))

2009: 3 coasters, 3 extremely different designs, 3 different first drops

2008: direct clone of Thunderbird

2007: Troy, tallest GCI with longest run time & Renegade with one of the most unique first drops in the world

I just think that you should "stick to your guns" and GCI's "gun" is wooden twisters.

Yeah I know what you mean. But alot of the GCI's are almost the same, except a few. There is pretty much 4 kinds of GCI's.

1. Dueling: Gwazi, Lightning Racer.

2. Classic Design: Roar, Roar, Wildcat, Evel Knievel, Thunderbird, Ozark Wildcat, Wildcat, Rumbler, El Toro.

3. Bigger ones: Terminator, Troy, Renegade, Prowler, Thunderhead.

I just hope if Cedar Point does get a GCII, than it needs to separate it's self from the rest. It can't be a dueler, It can't be a classic dead man turn, twists, station fly by design. It needs to have a new feature. More airtime hills, more highly banked turns, much steeper drop. I think if CP gets a woodie, it needs to be an Intamin or Gravity Group cause GCII are starting to be over used and become boring.

Still a lot of exploration left for GCII. The only problem facing them is stigma. Everyone sees them as makers of family coasters and only hire them for such jobs. If offered a chance, I know that they would come through with something that would catch everyone off guard.

On Carowinds Connection, someone posted that they heard from a few different people that Cedar Fair was going to move Geauga's Big Dipper to Cedar Point next year, and have GCI rebuild it. Is that even possible?

Sure, it's possible. Look at Phoenix at Knoebels, Comet at The Great Escape, Skyliner at Lakemont, Arkansas Twister at Magic Springs, Wild One at Six Flags America, just to name a few...

But is it likely? That's the rub.

Yet another Tweet, I guess these are daily.

"I prefer my lunch TOGO...especially when there's lightning around."

I think that CP is just trying to throw us off with everything that us fans have been speculating. I dont think it is going to be any of the so called hints (Aquatrax, GCI, or TOGO)

I don't think it'll be a Togo, a GCI, or Aquatracks. I'm not even sure if it's a coaster. I remember last year before they announced the new LED Screens they showed CP's logo and slogan "America's Rockin Roller Coast" and said stuff like "This will be used alot next year" or something. It made people think they were getting another coaster, but really it was for the new LED signs. So I think it will be something totally different, and unexpected in a bad way.