Intresting CP Tweet

Take a look at that page. Be sure to click on the "Crystal Rock Bottling Company" link, and it comes up with something very interesting.

It takes you to a page describing their latest beverage, Whyte Lightning. It can also be found at www.whytelightning.com.

Sound familiar? According to Screamscape, that's the rumored name of the coaster coming to Carowinds next season.

Cedar Fair is at it again!

LOL

To Jackson: There are steel plants in WV (obviously), but I don't know of any coaster designers based there. I think Intamin has a design place in Maryland or WV, but I believe it's in Maryland (I read that on Carowinds Connection, so it may be wrong). Also, WV is known for moonshine, a.k.a white lightning. :lol:

Hmm... "lightning strikes twYce" at the top of the page.

We know pretty well that Carowinds B&M Hyper will be called "White Lightning", and I just thought the "lightning strikes twice" tagline was referencing that this will be the 2nd coaster at Carowinds with have the name.

Let's look at:

-the teasers for White Lightning at Carowinds were done in a checkered flag / tire marks motif

-the media invite for KD's Intamin giga coaster came in the shape of a race car

-now CP is teasing WhYte Lightning possibly for their new ride

-Cw and KD fans have speculated a NASCAR / Racing theme for their new rides, mainly due to Nascar drivers appearing at the parks on / around the announcement dates

This is getting interesting. Could CP just be promoting new rides at the other parks? Or are we going to see a multi ride / same Nascar theme deal in 2010?

Well I would not put it past CF to call all 3 new coasters White lightning. It also would not surprise me on bit to have Jeff Gordon make the announcement. It is the season for this kind of thing. Tomorrow is Kennywood, Thursday is Holiday World and the others are scheduled for later this month.

We know pretty well that Carowinds B&M Hyper will be called "White Lightning", and I just thought the "lightning strikes twice" tagline was referencing that this will be the 2nd coaster at Carowinds with have the name.

And most of you were set on the name "Mustang" for Diamondback.... just saying :rolleyes:

LOL

To Jackson: There are steel plants in WV (obviously), but I don't know of any coaster designers based there. I think Intamin has a design place in Maryland or WV, but I believe it's in Maryland (I read that on Carowinds Connection, so it may be wrong). Also, WV is known for moonshine, a.k.a white lightning. :lol:

I have sampled the "White Lightnin" from WV.

It is not to be taken lightly

:wacko::lol:

And most of you were set on the name "Mustang" for Diamondback.... just saying :rolleyes:

Let me clarify... there are plenty of hints and clues that point towards the Carowinds ride being named White Lightning. The web address (whitelightning.carowinds.com) seems to lend credibility, or at the very least the park wants us to think it is.

If I were to guess, I would say that Carowinds hyper coaster and a new flume at CP will both be called White Lightning, both themed to moonshine operations / stock cars. I think that Intimidator is a good choice for Kings Dominion, with a more modern Nascar theme.

We'll see soon enough. The fact that the Cw and KD announcements are within days of Nascar appearances at the park, and Jeff Gordon's Thursday appearance at CP is quite telling to me.

These clues CF is releasing about all their upcoming projects and maybe the connections with the Whyte Lightning Bottling Co. is truly making this process more and more interesting and entertaining. Us coaster enthusiasts usually know much about rides/coasters before they open but this time CF might keep us guessing the same amount of time the GP is guessing; relatively speaking that is.

Now that you've pointed that out ... that is pretty weird.

Though, we could all just be making a lot of something out of a lot of nothing.

Is that not what we do as coaster forum enthusiast, find the littlest thing to make a huge rumor about it. Also, to over analyze little details and try to get more out of something, in which there is ultimately nothing there.