Is parking still $10?

coaster queen

I would not recommend doing this, maybe something was going on that I didn't know about.

We stayed at the Kings Island Resort and Confrence Center. It is right by the movie theater, across the street from Great Wolf Lodge.

Each morning when we would leave our room to catch the shuttle, we would watch people just pull their cars in to the lot, jump out, and climb on to the shuttle.

Same thing when we came back. People would get off the shuttle, go straight to a car, and leave.

In the past, they always made guests of the hotel wear a wrist band to ride the shuttle. This year they didn't do that. Maybe people have caught on, and figured out they can park for free. The hotel dining rooms have pretty good food too!!!

I would not recommend doing this, maybe something was going on that I didn't know about.

We stayed at the Kings Island Resort and Confrence Center. It is right by the movie theater, across the street from Great Wolf Lodge.

Each morning when we would leave our room to catch the shuttle, we would watch people just pull their cars in to the lot, jump out, and climb on to the shuttle.

Same thing when we came back. People would get off the shuttle, go straight to a car, and leave.

In the past, they always made guests of the hotel wear a wrist band to ride the shuttle. This year they didn't do that. Maybe people have caught on, and figured out they can park for free. The hotel dining rooms have pretty good food too!!!

Just better hope a hotel manager doesn't see you do that. Your car may not be there when you get back.

...we would watch people just pull their cars in to the lot, jump out, and climb on to the shuttle.

It never ceases to amaze me how sleazy some people can be. I always stay at the resort and I feel like the little added cost is worth it BECAUSE of the shuttle service...it honestly upsets me that some people do not see a problem basically stealing from them. I hope that the resort catches on to this.

Do unto others...

That explains why we never could ride the shuttle when we stayed at the resort. We were there for 3 days a few years back, and the shuttle was always crowded and we had to drive. We couldn't even catch a ride back to the hotel for a mid afternoon meal.

I've noticed that the hotel shuttle(converted school bus painted to KingsIslands resorts colors) drops people off at the bus stop next the KingsIsland drive. I can remember the shuttle in past years driving all the way up the main gate area, to left off people, then wait for others coming out of the park.

Any my last visit to the park back in May or June, while leaving the pavement was really rough and beat up. I still wounder were does this ten dollars, and 15 dollars go to? it sure is heck not going to the parking lot.

I can remember the shuttle in past years driving all the way up the main gate area, to let off people...

Yeah, the park no longer allows them to do that... but don't get me started on that rant again! :rolleyes:

I remember ether 2005 or 2006 was the last year they stopped doing that.

Wow $10 is pretty steep for parking. Last time I went it was 5 or 6. Oh well they get you any way they can anymore. No matter where you go. Can you use someones else's parking pass?

I wouldn't use someone else's pass unless they are in the car. Sometimes my mom uses my pass and they always ask if I''m in the car.

Wow $10 is pretty steep for parking. Last time I went it was 5 or 6. Oh well they get you any way they can anymore. No matter where you go. Can you use someones elses parking pass?

No. They will have to be in the car. That is using a pass in a fraudulent manner.

The picture of the person whose pass it is shows up on the console at the toll center. If that person is not in the car, the pass can be confiscated without refund. Whether or not Cedar Fair's Kings Island would actually do this, I have no idea...I would not want to find out. Also, as has been said, theft is theft.