interesting diamondback rides

diamondback_king

I went to the park yesterday without knowing that it was going to rain all freaking day like it did. None the less, I managed to pull off a feat that I was wondering if has ever been done before. I was in the first row on the first train of the day (i actually got in the single rider line and oddly enough the first person in line was a single rider!). Then after the rains let up for a few hours of late evening rides, I was able to get in row 16 for the last train of the night. So I made it 1-1 on the first train of the day, and then 8-4 on the last train out for the night! I thought it was amazing anyways, lol. I ended up with 10 Diamondback rides on the day, along with 4 Beast rides (including a night ride), and a Firehawk and FOF ride. Not much but shoot it rained nearly all day, least I managed to have fun and there was nearly an empty park!

Thanks for the post. How long were the DB (and other) lines once the rain stopped?

3 trains generally, maybe 4-5 for back seat. :) It as great

And yet, I'm sure they were still assigning seats...how not great <_<

Actually, thy just opened up the station so you could pick your seat. I'd say it was that way for about the last hour of the day. SWEET!

I'm not real sure why you're so anti seat-assigning. I've never had a problem with it and have only twice out of my 100 rides been turned down for a requested seat. Both times during "power hour" when they were trying to make capacity.

agreed. I generally request the back row and state that i dont mind waiting. Most ops go ahead and let you. Altho I did have a really bad experience one night with a female op that was extremely rude (write it off as a bad day for her). Seems now that they have worked all summer they are much friendlier! I think Diamondbacks crew kicks @$$. Thanks!

I'm not real sure why you're so anti seat-assigning. I've never had a problem with it and have only twice out of my 100 rides been turned down for a requested seat. Both times during "power hour" when they were trying to make capacity.

All you have to do, is ask! It's that simple. Proof right here.

Yes I have only been denied once! Thats great I think. Plus I don't really care about seat assigners, every seat is the same on The tallest fastest and meanest coaster at KI!!!

I find it to be a very different ride from the front to the middle and to the back. But of coarse i prefer row 16! Then row 1/2.

Diamondback is, for me, very much a front seat ride. Row 2 is my favorite location on the ride. Nitro, by contrast, is very much a back seat ride. The last row, station side, is my favorite seat, followed by the last row, exit side....

I agree 100%. I'd also lump Behemoth in the "it's better in the front" camp. The airtime is MUCH stronger up front on both DB and Behemoth. I think this is a by-product of the new train designs, because all of the old train designs I've ridden (Raging Bull, Nitro, Goliath @ SFOG) have all been much better in the back seat.