Tennis inside the Fountains, Anyone?

BoddaH1994

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now, you are all looking at this wrong. The young ladies are each going to be standing on the small scaffolds you see in the photo, and what you see being built is an oversized ping pong table.... such pessimists we have around here (Sparky says, quite fecitiously). This whole thing is beyond laughable... wit a minute, no its not... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I agree 110% with Terpy in His statement that, if I worked for GR today,I would call in sick.

Wow...I'm not going to lie but that was pretty bad. First all of the signs said that the event would be happening at 4. Didn't start until 5. It looked cool when they turned on the fountains to the side of them but it was very boring to watch.

It really was quite clever that it was table tennis, but I feel like they should've really marketed it as such. There have to be at least SOME people who traveled a slight distance and/or paid for Kings Island admission only in hopes of seeing a "pro" tennis match... I think it's fun, but I'm sure the punchline wasn't a payoff for many people.

Nobody was foolish enough to think that an actual tennis match would be played inside the fountain. The whole intention of the event was so that fans could meet and greet with Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva, two of the top female tennis players in the world. There were a lot of people there, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Tickets to the Sony Ericsson WSA tour, as well as t-shirts and posters were given out to the fans that clapped and cheered the loudest.

IMG_9509.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9437.JPG

Nothing like seeing a pseud-tennis match on a court that was slightly larger than a ping pong table with 10,000 gallons per minute of water spewing from every direction. I'm not a tennis fan but I still have fun shooting this event. More photos can be seen here.

Nobody was foolish enough to think that an actual tennis match would be played inside the fountain.

I was.

Thought maybe the image below, which I posted yesterday, and could be found in the Kings Island Insider... couple with the fact that the word "match" has always been in parenthesis would be enough for anyone to figure it out...

fountaincourt020.jpg

^ I didn't see that picture until a few hours ago.

I was there for several hours leading up to the event and afterwards. Didn't hear anyone actually say that they were disappointed that there wasn't a full blown tennis match going on. People seemed to be really excited to see both Kim and Elena and they were very good with the fans and were happy to sign autographs and stop to chat.

Nobody was foolish enough to think that an actual tennis match would be played inside the fountain.

I was.

Thought maybe the image below, which I posted yesterday, and could be found in the Kings Island Insider... couple with the fact that the word "match" has always been in parenthesis would be enough for anyone to figure it out...

Not once was the word match in parenthesis. Not once. This is a parenthesis: ( This is the other: )

I'd not be surprised if there were a lawsuit over this before it's over.

Not funny, McGee. Not at all.

Kings Island, where else?

DETAILS ON "THE MATCH" AT Kings Island:

* Both players will be on a specially-made court inside the Royal Fountains

* Best view is probably from the top of International Street near the main gate

* Show starts at 4:00pm and will last approximately 20 minutes

* Guests will have the opportunity to win tickets to the WTA Tour following the match

Quote from the link, bolded the parenthesis

I didn't expect real tennis, but expected a little more than what those pictures show.

But, the poorest part of this event for me was what I overheard in Guest Relations. A guest came in and said something along the lines of "I saw a little of the tennis event today, do you have any information/details on the tournament that is going on this week?" Short answer was "no."

I mean how do you do an event like this and NOT have a flyer or something in guest relations for the tournament. As the saying goes - Where Else?

Well the tournament is not going on at Kings Island so I can give them that.

I understand that the tournament is being held at a different venue. I just believe it is poor planning not to provide the associates at Guest Relations with some information related to the event. It isn't unexpected that someone might come in and ask following the promotion that the park did hold.

Don't get me wrong I agree. If they are going to hold an event to promote the tournament they should have at least some info or give a website or something where they can learn more.

It was cool to have great athletes at Kings Island but the fact that they were an hour late kinda had me ticked since I voluntarily waited the whole time.

Oh well, I wasn't expecting a full match anyway but overall it was cool.

I was.

Not once was the word match in parenthesis. Not once. This is a parenthesis: ( This is the other: )

I'd not be surprised if there were a lawsuit over this before it's over.

Not funny, McGee. Not at all.

Kings Island, where else?

Parenthesis... quotation marks... you knew what I meant. The fact of the matter is, anyone who saw the information ahead of time should have have a pretty big clue in front of them that there wasn't going to be a full blown tennis match going on.