Cedar Point TR 8/5; Worst Crowds

Ki Man

Took a day trip up today:

Park was packed. Saturday bad. And it's Wednesday!!! No special events....just bad luck. ALL rides had FULL queues and spilling into the midway, even MilF and Raptor!!!

-Got SEVEN rides in NINE hours.

-Wicked Twister first, and a walk on. Umm...did they cut out a lap? I rode in the back seat, and only went all the way to the top....ONCE! The ride was over right when I was about to have fun.

-Dragster at 10:15AM....HOUR wait already. I rode in the last row, since it's impossible to get the frontseat without a 30 minute wait. Lovely as always. Trains were flying over the top hat.

-Magnum 30 minute wait. Trim was on HARD. It was an okay ride. Needs new restraints, it'd be awesome.

-Millennium Force, 1 hour, 45 minute wait. I rode in 5-1....where the Discovery Channel says is best. It was better than the back; a fun ride. It just meanders around. ONE nice airtime hill off the Millennium Island. It's a fun ride like I said, but wow...again, Diamondback is so much better. If you like airtime, go for Diamondback. If you like....coasting around, go for Millennium. Even the first drop can't save it. Diamondback has it beat from the start.

-Maverick, 1 hour 45 minute wait. Worth the wait, Worth the wait, Worth the wait, Worth the wait, Worth the wait. This ride is incredible. Everything you'd want in a coaster....and soooo, OH SO much more. It's amazing. Stop whining about the restraints, the ride still kicks so much butt.

-Gemini, 30 minute wait. Crew is the most rude people I've seen. Don't judge someone if you haven't met them.

-Raptor, 45 minute wait. A full queue house. Went by fast; it's a B&M with an obnocious, pushy crew. The line moves fast. It's tied with my favorite invert, Afterburn. Only go for the front.

BUT!

Maverick was hauling a$$. It was running soooo smooth and so well, it's tied Voyage for my Number One coaster.

That was worth the trip. God, such an amazing ride. I love it! But darn, crappy day for a guest at CP.

-Zach

Sucks that you went to the park with such bad crowds. Last time I was there I rode Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum XL-200, and Top Thrill Dragster all in an hour. Sorry you had a bad day, but anytime your at an amusement park it can't be too bad.

Millie does have an ejector seat. Ride in seat 2:1, seriously, just try it. I got Tom in that seat and it shot up to his #1 steel coaster.

The reason Raptor's crew is a little pushy is because they are competing with Magnum for best ride capacity, I know because I am friends with one of the crew members. I understand if they get a little irritated because these tween girls spend like 20 minutes trying to find their friends and their flip flops in the station. Nobody seems to understand "drop and go."

I really don't mind because that coaster throws trains out so ridiculously fast and the line just never, ever stops moving. Best capacity I've ever seen on any coaster at any park I've been to. The capacity on Raptor is unreal.. not once have I ever seen stacked trains.

I was at Ki today and it was busy as hell too. Guess everyone had the same idea.

I worked at CP a few years ago and its weird... Crews get very cliquey, i guess that the way to put it. I worked on Mine Ride. Everyone in the back of the park got along. But the Millennium and Dragster crews looked at us like were idiots.

Raptor is trying to beat Magnums numbers, my friend works on the crew. I dont know why they are trying to do that, but they are. I seem to run into more rude ride ops at CP than at KI. I think what it is, is they think, yeah I work at Cedar Point so Im better than you so im gonna treat you like crap.

Trust me there is a reason I dont work at an Amusement Park anymore.

Wait, Millennium and ejector in one sentance? Come on, Angie....when there's ejector, that's Maverick, Magnum, Cornball Express, or Voyage. I've been on 1-3/2-1...Millie doesn't have ejector. It just doesn't. It has a little floater.

And is Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum XL-200, and Top Thrill Dragster all in an hour even possible?!

Wait, Millennium and ejector in one sentance? Come on, Angie....when there's ejector, that's Maverick, Magnum, Cornball Express, or Voyage. I've been on 1-3/2-1...Millie doesn't have ejector. It just doesn't. It has a little floater.

Tell me how, in seat 2:1, I flew up out of my seat on both hills and the bunny hill then. Say what you will, but I straight up flew up and hit the lap bar on all three hills.

Oh and by the way, comparing MF to DB is laughable.. it's like comparing Vortex to Raptor.. they are two COMPLETELY different ride experiences. DB is more comparable to Magnum.

Um, Zach, I was with her and I can vouch that Millennium Force has INSANE ejector airtime in 2-1. It's as good as Magnum's if you ask me. Go into anti-staple mode and leave even just a little bit of space between yourself and the lapbar for the ride and you will FLY out of your seat! There's a reason why Millie is now my #1 steel coaster and EJECTOR airtime is part of it. That ride is off the chain even besides the airtime! Give it a chance like I did and you'll see a definite difference. I didn't think too much of it at CoasterMania!, but now I'm having bona fide withdrawals!

You want extreme ejector? Go ride El Toro or Superman... I mean Bizarro. Millie does have a little hint of ejector but nothing comparable to Bizarro and El Toro. Plus you can't even compare DB and Millie so stop giving Angie headaches! I feel bad for her. "Leave Millie (Son of Beast) Alone!

I have been lucky, every time I have gone to Cedar Point, it was like Kings Island on Tuesday evening of this week empty. But I go the week after memorial day most of the time. I also like Diamondback better than millennium.

When I think of ejector air; I think of Voyage, Magnum, and Maverick. Slamming into the restraint is what I call ejector airtime. Just "hitting the bar" I can experience that on many other rides, maybe Millennium. Eh, I think the two are comparable. Well, if anything the first drop.

Tom, I have NEVER had a ride on ANY Cedar Point roller coaster without having the lap bar rest on my waist, or it being pushed down. I think I'm missing the whole "here comes the INSANE EJECTOR AIR part." I have never experienced that on MF.

Kat, I was thinking DB tyle. Car one; front row is seat one and two, row to is seat three and four. I meant row two. I agree with most that it's Millennium Forceless. Only forces I feel are at the bottom of the first drop.

I like Millennium Force, I think it's a very fun, enjoyable ride. I just don't think it lives up to all the hype and praise it gets. It's all about the speed and forces apparently. But I don't feel any forces and I don't think it uses the speed that well. It just kind of meanders around. Like I said, I love the ride! It's one of my favorites at Cedar Point! But if I want airtime, I'll go to Gemini or Blue Streak. If I want fun ejector...Maverick. And pain, Magnum..

Everyone has their own opinion on the ride, and their favorite coasters. Hey, my favorite coaster is an INDOOR WILDMOUSE in another country!

And then there are those crazy people who are into extreme laterals and ejector air, whose favorite wood coasters are in Idaho and Georgia, and whose favorite coaster at Cedar Point has been known to meow from time to time. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty! No trip to America's Roller Coast is complete without a ride on one of Anton's many masterpieces. At least for me.

That being said, I greatly respect the opinions of many of the posters here. You can bet your sweet bippy (I am dating myself, so to speak) that I WILL try Millennium Force in 2-1 my next visit up that way.

Zach, with all due respect, I was indeed arguing with you, but I was trying not to do it in a way that would get you mad at me. Millie has a special place in my heart thanks to memory after memory of it with my friends from CP last summer, and my dad. It was also my reason for my first trip to CP, and the first coaster I rode there.

I love the fact that it's ferociously tall, has a gut wrenching drop, and there are no trims or MCBR to ruin it or slow down its outrageous, eye-watering speed of 93 mph. Everyone has an opinion, and aside from agreeing to disagree, I must say that NOTHING. WILL. EVER. top Voyage. :D

Speaking of wild mice, Roadrunner Express at SFKK really surprised Tom and I.. we got AIRTIME on a freaking WILD MOUSE! It was totally unexpected. I get laughed at constantly because BLSC is one of my favorite rides at KI.

Tom, I have NEVER had a ride on ANY Cedar Point roller coaster without having the lap bar rest on my waist, or it being pushed down. I think I'm missing the whole "here comes the INSANE EJECTOR AIR part." I have never experienced that on MF.

The next time I ride Diamondback and you're checking restraints I will show you what I mean by "anti-staple mode." Kat showed me this and it's worked for me ever since then. You simply slide your hips forward in your seat and slouch a little bit. This will give you enough room between you and the restraint so as you're not stapled when you return to your regular position.

It takes a good 15min to walk from Twister to Maverick. lol

It doesn't take near that long when you run to it and there is hardly anyone on the midway. I did run right past the Starlight Experience though so it kind of stinks that I missed that. But I'll trade 5 major rides in one hour for that anyday.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

Those waits didn't sound all that bad, I mean not ideal, and I would hope for better, but I've certainly seen it much worse, 2 years ago on my last trip, it was over an hour wait for the corkscrew, yes the corkscrew, if you hang around till close the last hour usually presents a lot of walk on opportunities no matter how busy a day it is.

And then there are those crazy people who are into extreme laterals and ejector air, whose favorite wood coasters are in Idaho and Georgia, and whose favorite coaster at Cedar Point has been known to meow from time to time. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty! No trip to America's Roller Coast is complete without a ride on one of Anton's many masterpieces. At least for me.

That being said, I greatly respect the opinions of many of the posters here. You can bet your sweet bippy (I am dating myself, so to speak) that I WILL try Millennium Force in 2-1 my next visit up that way.

Shockwave at Over Texas was...just bliss. I had 30 minutes of ERT on it with my trip! Oh so yummy!

And raptor, Corkscrew had a 45 minute wait.

I absolutely adore that ride. It's like Mindbender on steroids. Truly. Six Flags has taken great care of it over the years, and with the flooding that park gets, that has not always been easy. Between it and Thunderbolt at Kennywood, it's hard to say which one has had more ground problems. And yet, it's Magnum and Vortex and such that get the rumors!

I absolutely adore that ride. It's like Mindbender on steroids. Truly. Six Flags has taken great care of it over the years, and with the flooding that park gets, that has not always been easy. Between it and Thunderbolt at Kennywood, it's hard to say which one has had more ground problems. And yet, it's Magnum and Vortex and such that get the rumors!

The big debate of the trip was: Mindbender or Shockwave.

I said Shockwave. It doesn't have as unique of a layout or terrain as Mindbender does....but the airtime is just crazy. And the double loop feature made me melt into my seat!