anyone stayed at the Motel 6 in Mason?

coaster queen

just curious if anyone has ever stayed at the Motel 6 in Mason? i know it is cheap to stay there and you get what you pay for but we are on a budget right now.

I stayed there with two of my cousins during our visit to KI back in May. This motel became a Motel 6 late last fall with renovations taking place over the winter. As of May they still had a lot of work left to do. The lock on the door of the first room they gave us didn't work, and in the second the coating on the bathtub was peeling. Our room was situated on the first floor right by the rear exit. This made for us having to hear the noise being made by other guests as they entered and exited the building, as well as having people who wanted to smoke outside meet and talk right outside our room window, part of which occurred late at night. The room rate itself was cheap ($40) so saying "you get what you pay for" holds true for me in this case. My cost for this trip was one-third of that plus the gas (we used my car so my cousins reimbursed me) plus the price of my ticket and food. All in all, it was a cheap vacation for us, which is why we picked the Motel 6 in the first place. We live in the Detroit area and prefer going to KI over CP even though the distance is greater. The manager stated that the remodel was ongoing but I don't think I'll stay there again. If you want to stay in Mason I'd suggest either the Ramada Inn, which is just north of the Motel 6, or the Microtel, which is located by The Beach Waterpark. All the times that I have stayed at either of these two places have been pleasurable, with both of them offering a small complimentary breakfast every morning, of which the Motel 6 does not. The Ramada Inn has an indoor pool and whirlpool, while The Microtel has neither, but the Microtel is one of the few hotels left that still offers two queen size beds, where most others offer two twin beds or one king size. They even have a small mini-bed on the windowsill of the room if you have a child or a shorter person in your party who wants a place of their own to sleep.

Mike B.

I recommend the Super 8 that's across the street from the Microtel. It's right next to the highway and if you get a room facing that way you can see the park from it. However, it sits so high up on the hill that you don't hear the highway noise. Gigacoaster2k and myself stayed there the night before opening day and I was very impressed with it. The room was spacious and clean, the property was in very good condition, the staff was friendly and the rate was very reasonable. At the time it was actually the cheapest rate in the area so I was even more surprised by how nice the property was.

• 4 weeks later...

My experience with Days Inns have not been good..there are some nice hotels in blue ash, which is about 8 miles down the highway from the park and not as congested..just do a search on orbitz or expedia or hotels.com and read the guest reviews for your other choices.

• 5 months later...

the comfort Inn I usually stay at right by Pizza Tower is booked... sooo I have to find some place else to stay. Has anyone ever stayed here?

Days Inn Kings Island

9735 S Mason Montgomery Rd

Mason, OH, 45040

866-539-0036

Does anyone know if this motel closed? I went to check rates via multiple Internet sites but all returned 'no matching criteria.' If this location closed because of nastiness, then I can see why.

i wasn't sure which one you were referring too, but i'm guessing the days inn since it's the one with the address listed.

i searched on hotels.com and it was listed on their web-site, so i'm guessing that means it's still open.

and for the record the comfort inn is still open too.

edit: here's the link to the days inn Kings Island page on hotels.com

.numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&hotelId=112012&lat=0.0"]http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pointName&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&lon=0.0&roomno=1&destinationId=1632925&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&hotelId=112012&lat=0.0

Every time I worked in the post season, I got a hotel room for one night. I live 3 hours away during school, but I still made the trip every weekend. My Dad took advantage of one of the booking sites on-line for me. Pretty sure it's travelocity, but I'm not sure. Days Inn was usually the cheapest, and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It is a room with a bed and a shower. I guess when you have been living in a college dorm for 3 years, anything seems good. All I needed was a cheap roof to sleep under, and that's exactly what I got.

Safety, HVAC <heating, venting and air conditioning>, quietness, cleanliness and not being ripped off by the inn after the visit (some places will hit your charge card for things that have nothing to do with your visit or you will find yourself the victim of identity theft) are also important. Over the years, I have had occasional issues with each of these things.

i wasn't sure which one you were referring too, but i'm guessing the days inn since it's the one with the address listed.

i searched on hotels.com and it was listed on their web-site, so i'm guessing that means it's still open.

and for the record the comfort inn is still open too.

edit: here's the link to the days inn Kings Island page on hotels.com

http://www.hotels.co...d=1632925&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&hotelId=112012&lat=0.0

Yes, I meant Days Inn. Most websites still list this hotel as an option, but when I hit search for rates, no rooms and rates appear. For example, try searching a date using the link provided. I can only think the property is closed or being fixed up.