PTR Indiana Beach 8/5/09

DropZone99

My friend Brian goes to Indiana Beach ever year (He lives in Cincinnati) and since he passes through Indianapolis, he decided to take me. My cousin is also a huge coaster enthusiast so he came along too. I got picked up at about 10:30 am. We first went to Indianapolis Int Airport to drop off someone and to get some food. The food was too expensive so we ate at Popeye's in Lafayette. On I65 we started seeing signs for IB and seeing alot of these creepy giant wind mill things. Than we got off the highway to take the side streets to IB. Since I had never been, I didn't know how close we were. Than out of no where we arrived, Didn't see a sign, didn't see a skyline, it just came out of no where. Than we walked across the famous bridge.

First thing was LoCoSuMo. The whole queue was filled and they were running 1 train. So about an hour later we were getting on. I always hear mixed opinions about it. People say it's painful, fun, and weird. I loved it. I noticed a few pops of airtime, the turns were really weird, and the theming was random. I loved it alot, Wanted to reride but there was more credits to get. 8/10

Next was Cornball Express. It was my 80th. coaster. They were running 1 train and the line was half the stair case. We rode in row three. OMFG Cornball is amazing. Buzzbars, Lose seat belt, insane ejector air! The hill right before the head chopper was one of the best elements on any coaster. The helix was okay, didn't have alot of G's but I like it better than Beast's. 10/10

Next we all went to Galaxy. I was really excited to ride since it's a clone of Bavarian Beetle (a coaster that used to be at KI.) It was running two trains and the queue was half full. I rode in front seat. It was filled with trims, I lost count how many. It was a little bit rough, but amazing. The never ending helix was really great, it made the ride what It is. The trims were awful though. I thought I was about to get airtime til' a trim nearly stopped the train. 7/10

We were going to ride Tiggr but the queue was filled with 1 train, so we skipped it. Instead we went to Hurricane. The queue was about half filled with 1 train. About 15 Minutes later we got on. I rode in the very back seat with Mitchell. I thought I was going to get some floater air on the drop out of the lift, but I ended up not getting any there. It was really weird, When I thought I would get air, I didn't and when I thought I wasn't I did. The turnaround was a little rough and too slow but that is okay. I think Hoosier Hurricane is very under rated. It's not near as great as Cornball, but it's a fun ride. 8/10

We all wanted another ride on Cornball so we got back in line. The line got shorter. This time I thought I'd ride back. One of the ride opts. recognized the logos on all of our shirts (We all wore Son of Beast shirts for some odd reason...) He said he hasn't been to KI since 03', and we told him about Diamondback. When he checked my seat belt he noticed how lose it was. He asked me if I felt safe, I said yeah. Than he said "Well okay..." And loosened my seat belt as lose as it could go and asked "how about now?" I still said yes, than he told me he was kidding and tightened it a tiny bit. Back seat was really fun but not as good as Row 3.

We all forgot about Steel Hawg so we got in line for it. The queue was filled and they were running 3 trains. The line was still about 30 Minutes. I didn't know what to expect about Steel Hawg. The lift was really fast, the drop was fun but not as good as Maverick's. The opposite banked turn was alot of fun. The first inversion was really fun, it had a few seconds of hangtime. The next inversion was weird, I don't know if I liked it or not. Overall Steel Hawg didn't live up to the hype, but was still a good ride. 6/10

After Steel Hawg we went to the car and I drunk my Yoo-Hoo drink. Than after a short break we came back in to the park and we rode Great Wheel. It wasn't the average wheel though, It seemed alot faster than most. After that we rode Falling Star. I had alot of fun on that, it had good airtime and even some laterals. Next we rode Sea Dragon. I hear it's one of the best ships, and it definitely is.

We decided to ride Tiggr, no matter how long the line was. Luckily it got shorter. While waiting I just kept thinking how forceful it looks. I was thinking it was going to be the second best coaster there. I was wrong. I thought it was relatively boring, pretty forceless, and seemed like it was going to stall. I was disappointed and let down. 4/10

Since we had a bad ride on Tiggr we rode Cornball. This time I rode in the very front. It was better than back seat, but not as good as row 3. I also talked to that ride opt. again. I wanted to ride Air Crow so we got in line for it. Sign said no snapping, which sucked... I still had alot of fun on it, and it's one of my favorite flat rides. Not as good as Flying Eagles at PKI, but it was still good.

Than we rode Dodgems. They were the best Dodgems I've ridden. I heard Double Shot, and had to ride it. The line was long, but we still got in line. Than when we were about next Mitchell got a phone call. Our parents didn't know we were at Indiana Beach, and they were freaking out. So we told them, got in huge trouble, and had to leave before we got to ride Double Shot, and reride other rides. It was dumb of me not to ask to go, but I knew I wouldn't of been able too. So we had to leave, which sucks cause it was only 7pm.

Well now that your most likely skipped through that, here are the photos.

img1896e.jpg

This was my first sight of Indiana Beach.

img1897e.jpg

Mmmmmm Corn & Crows..

img1898bgm.jpg

Hoosier Hurricane is good, but it's no Cornball.

img1899c.jpg

Kind of rough, but still good.

img1900r.jpg

The turnaround was a little slow, but fun.

img1905x.jpg

LoCoSuMo full queue sucks.

img1904h.jpg

Are you sure all of us, can fit in... there?

img1907.jpg

The funny thing is this is probably the least sharp turn on the ride.

img1914o.jpg

Yep, but it's fun!

img1917d.jpg

Sadly, Didn't have any time to ride the Flume.

img1918w.jpg

Cornball is sooooooo amazing.

img1919t.jpg

Hoosier Hurricane's one train they ran.

img1925qpu.jpg

111ยบ

img1926v.jpg

Hangtime!

img1930g.jpg

I think it was my first S&S Coaster.

img1931clz.jpg

Yeah, that's Steel Hawg.

img1932ghw.jpg

Yet I saw no Hogs made of steel.

img1933f.jpg

The overbanked turn was a nice ending.

img1934b.jpg

The queue was full.

img1935o.jpg

Great hangtime.

img1939w.jpg

Very fun inversion.

img1947.jpg

I didn't care for the restraints.

img1954b.jpg

I think I may be the only person in my neighborhood with this photo.

img1958x.jpg

Surprisingly no airtime here.

img1968c.jpg

But some here.

img1973.jpg

Cornball & Hoosier.

img1988u.jpg

Tigggggr.

img1997ykq.jpg

Hoosier Hurricane at sunset.

img1996o.jpg

โ™ฅ

img2021nqb.jpg

boooo

img2009b.jpg

I miss Flying Eagles.

img2006h.jpg

Wanted to reride but ended up not getting to.

img2012w.jpg

Very photogenic.

img2016.jpg

Cornabll, and Air Crow together!?

I always look forward to your trip reports and their great pictures and fantastic captions. That all being said, I cannot believe you went to Indiana Beach without telling your parents. Be glad you aren't my son. It'd be a long time before you went anywhere else...like maybe your senior year of college. I'm kidding about that last part, I think.

Nice, sadly I have not even heard of this place..... I might have to keep this place in mind when I get back on both my feet!

I'm surprised you've never heard of it. If your ever in the area you have to go here, it's not as good as KI but I like it more than Cedar Point.

Nice trip report & great pics, as always!

Thank you!

I always look forward to your trip reports and their great pictures and fantastic captions. That all being said, I cannot believe you went to Indiana Beach without telling your parents. Be glad you aren't my son. It'd be a long time before you went anywhere else...like maybe your senior year of college. I'm kidding about that last part, I think.

Thanks, I'm really happy you like my PTRs. And yes I know it was really dumb to do that. But I knew she would of said no. 40 Year old taking me to an amusement park out in the middle of Indiana surrounded by corn, she would think he would of killed me. When she found out she actually said she would of taken me, but she may just be saying that so I feel even worst?

Great PTR! I've been wanting to try and go there some time. It looks like a cool little park. Cornball and Hurricane look awesome!

Thanks! Yeah next year there should be a KIC Meet up there, that would be fun. Cornball is amazing, Hurricane is alot of fun too.

We had a great day at IB a few weeks ago. As to taking off without telling the folks. HMMMM I have to agree with Terpy. My kids would have been grounded for a month.

Yeah I saw your PTR it looked like you guys had alot of fun. And yeah I'm surprised I'm not grounded (Than again, I've never been and this is the only bad thing I've done.) I just got yelled at for a few minutes.

Wait, wasn't it you that wasn't allowed to to CoasterMania?

Now I understand why. :lol:

Yeah. At first my Dad was going to take me. But my Grandma wasn't doing so good so we decided not to go. Than a few people here on KIC said they would take me. My Mom & Dad said I could go with them. Than I packed all my stuff, and was about to go to sleep, when they told me I couldn't go cause I might get raped, murdered, kidnapped, or die in a car crash.

The day I went last year Cornball Express was closed all day :( and the paratroopers weren't far behind, but I did manage one ride on those

That sucks!

Yeah. At first my Dad was going to take me. But my Grandma wasn't doing so good so we decided not to go. Than a few people here on KIC said they would take me. My Mom & Dad said I could go with them. Than I packed all my stuff, and was about to go to sleep, when they told me I couldn't go cause I might get raped, murdered, kidnapped, or die in a car crash.

Maybe you should bring your parents to a KIC meet up at Kings Island and have them meet a few KICers and show them that not all people you meet off the internet are murderer, rapist, irresponsible drivers lol. :lol:

^ that's why Jackson is allowed to go to KI with me. Now an overnight or long distance trip is probably still out, but his parents have met me and I've proved that I'm responsible and get him home when they ask me to. So they're ok with me picking him up and taking him to the park with me.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

Maybe you should bring your parents to a KIC meet up at Kings Island and have them meet a few KICers and show them that not all people you meet off the internet are murderer, rapist, irresponsible drivers lol. :lol:

Hmm.. Well maybe I shouldn't. Last KIC meet up everyone was wearing 80's clothes and had pink hair. :lol:

^ that's why Jackson is allowed to go to KI with me. Now an overnight or long distance trip is probably still out, but his parents have met me and I've proved that I'm responsible and get him home when they ask me to. So they're ok with me picking him up and taking him to the park with me.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

My Mom said (yesterday) that she would of let me go since it's not over night and not that far. She even said I could go places with people she doesn't know if It's not overnight and not over 4 hours away. That means next year you could take me to Holiday World! ;)

• 1 year later...

Back in the mid-1980's (1986 I think) I was at indiana beach with my family. They only had 2 coasters then. Galaxi and Tigr'r... They were (at the time) selling t-shirts with The Beast logo on them only instead of "The Beast" it said "Tigrr" A COMPLETE rip-off that I'm sure KI would not have appreciated. The two freakin' paws, chains, tracks, an exact forgery of their legendary logo. I wonder if anyone remembers this other than me? I haven't been back since as i'm not a big fan of buying tickets to ride ala a county fair. (unless its different now).

Back in the mid-1980's (1986 I think) I was at indiana beach with my family. They only had 2 coasters then. Galaxi and Tigr'r... They were (at the time) selling t-shirts with The Beast logo on them only instead of "The Beast" it said "Tigrr" A COMPLETE rip-off that I'm sure KI would not have appreciated. The two freakin' paws, chains, tracks, an exact forgery of their legendary logo. I wonder if anyone remembers this other than me? I haven't been back since as i'm not a big fan of buying tickets to ride ala a county fair. (unless its different now).

Yeah, a little different these days. http://indianabeach.com/pages/indianabeach_tickets_rates