Top 5 Thrills at Kings Island?

superstition

A guest asked me my favorite ride yesterday... I was hard pressed. I told him The Beast, at night, while it's drizzling. I would say:

1)The Beast

2)SOB

3)Drop Zone

4)Outer Limits (I know I know... I just like that name)

5)Face/Off

Not in that order, and I had a lot of trouble picking the fifth one. It's like Delirium, TRTR, Face/Off, and Recar should all go there.

1. DZ- I don't ride it much, but it manages to scare the crap out of me every time.. laugh.gif

2. Beast- 'Nuff said. tongue.gif

3. Delerium- Fun. Pure fun.

4. FoF- Wacky loops! They're so wacky that they mess with my head!

5. SOB- Beats me sensless, but a good ride altogether..

There you have it.

~Shadow~

1. Vortex (Speechless since my first ride in '97)

2. Forward Racer (it's more fun if you actually see it!)

3. Beast (great ride, I wish people here would stop *****ing about the breaks, and whatnot)

4. Top Gun (ride's too short, but still...that's some drop!)

5. Congo Falls (I've never felt such airtime on a water coaster before)

As someone mentioned early

Beast #5 (only because it was braked)

The reason being for that, before The Beast was braked, 2 trains on The Beast collided!

Also a fact barely anyone knows...

Drop Zone, in August of 1999 (the year Drop Zone and F/O were introduced) a man fell out of Drop Zone and was killed.

As someone mentioned early

Beast #5 (only because it was braked)

The reason being for that, before The Beast was braked, 2 trains on The Beast collided!

Also a fact barely anyone knows...

Drop Zone, in August of 1999 (the year Drop Zone and F/O were introduced) a man fell out of Drop Zone and was killed.

Actually it was a 12 year old boy who fell out and it wasn't at PKI, it was at Paramount's Great America.

My Top 5 Thrills:

1. Tomb Raider - people who have never ridden it before have no idea what is going to happen.

2. SoB - tallest, fastest, and only looping wooden coaster in the world. Enough said.

3. Drop Zone - the drop and the view are very thrilling.

4. Flight of Fear - the launch alone is thrilling, plus the whole ride is in the dark.

5. The Beast at night - one of the scariest coaster experiences. Going 60 MPH in the pitch black woods and into even darker tunnels.

The reason some people thought a person died at PKI at that time was because Drop Zone at KI is similar to the one at PGA (Someone died on it) and had to be tested for flaws, so the ride at PKI was shut down for a while. Thus giving some people the impression that someone had died on it. blink.gif

Edited by bignathan4403

When The Beast trains collided, it was when one train was in the station and another was arriving. The brakes slowed the car, but not enough, causing the two trains to "bump" into each other. You could hardly call it a collision. But, knowing PKI and their safety precautions, they added brakes on the course to slow it down, "just to be sure".