Action Zone

KI FANATIC 37

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you call blsc a good coaster? and i highly doubt congo falls is going anywhere, its one of the few rides the whole family can ride, and enjoy. it doesnt free up a whole lot of space, anyways as youd have to have a que and its surrounded by walkways and other rides with no real palce to put anything. the only things i think they need in Action Zone, is to have sobs chain lift sound echoing once again, and for them to get a few shady spots somehow, its terrible in the heat.

I think there's plenty of things to do in the Action Zone - I never have been on SOB, and I never will. I just think they could add a lot more flat rides because it's called Action Zone. Not enough "thrill". Congo Falls should be moved somewhere else (if they can do that) to Rivertown or someplace like that.

I'm with Giga, somewhat. We need a Screamin' Swing, but in Coney Mall! Anyways, Action Zone is maybe my favorite area ride wise cause Drop Zone, SOB, and Top Gun, but the atmosphere there sucks. It has no shade, it's just flat concrete with alot of rides around it. I think it needs a total retheme, but I know that isn't going to happen.

So realistically, How about Congo gets removed an a newer water ride goes in it's place, one that's better and wetter (That rhymes!) Than remove Days of Thunder and build either A. B&M Invert, B. Intamin Multilooper, C. Intamin Megalite, or D. a new area. If it's a new area than there could be some older rides such as Flying Scooters, Whip, Cuddle Up, Paratrooper, Falling Star, and maybe a small coaster.

First I like Congo Falls right where it is. As jondrewfoo mentioned there's no shade in Action Zone and the best way to cool off is to ride Congo Falls or dip into the AC in festhaus.

Second I agree that Action Zone feels empty with SoB closed. I never noticed how loud that ride is until it stopped running. I've missed that sound on the past couple visits.

And Third I think they should add a flat called "The Escalator" stretching from the Flight Deck entrance to the Flight Deck station. :lol: I've also envisioned a more thrilling spin on the kinds of rides that take you from one part of the park to the other. Like train rides and ski lift style rides. But it would be a coaster that launches you over the park from Action Zone to rivertown and vice versa. Of course that would be very expensive and I doubt it would even be possible, but it's a cool idea.

Really interesting Vortex......but the park isn't big enough for that fast of a ride - I mean, it would probably never come out anyways. Speaking of transportation, somewhat, there should be more ways to get around KI. There's only the railroad, which just takes you from Rivertown to Boomerang Bay and vice versa.

Maybe add like a cool water ride like White Water Canyon but transports you to places? That sounds cool. To have it go with the topic, maybe the main station would be in Action Zone near Congo Falls and would go to Diamondback, Nickelodeon, and International Street. Just an idea.

Not sure if this would work, but my visit to CP got me thinking about an Intamin launch destination coaster. I wish I had some software to illustrate this, but the idea would be as follows:

The marriage of ultimate acceleration and air time, this ride would consist of two giant Intamin arches that would cross each other behind the Eiffel Tower and dominate the KI skyline. Riders will board in either Rivertown or Action Zone (2 stations), be catapulted by one of two hydraulic launches over 100 mph in a short time. By the time the rider realizes they are soaring high above the park, the descent will induce an extended period of air time before 'landing' at the opposite station-all the way across the park. The feeling would be of being shot out of a cannon, and the ride would act as a 'portal' between RT and AZ. To take the round trip would require waiting in two lines, but the idea is that it would act as a transport, as much as a thrill ride.

I got the idea thinking of how awesome TTD is, but preferrng that it went straight down (and not the 270 degree roll coming down), but this would land you in a different part of the park. With the double arches, the trains would be sent back and forth, but the riders would travel one way. I'm sure this would be a massive undertaking, in terms of fitting it in, as well as cost (2 launch mechanisms etc.). But it would be sweet. I'm also not exactly sure where the stations would need to be located. This ride would take advantage of KI's geographic enormity, would be a one-of-a kind experience thrill-wise, and would give KI that Intamin that everyone is screaming for.

Action Zone needs some benches under the queue area shades (like in DB, BLSC, and Delirium's line). It needs something to be done about the SoB/FD/combined exit area. Maybe, in addition to "Son of Beast ENTRANCE", they could add signs saying "Flight Deck ENTRANCE" and "Exit Only". The Action Zone logo could be put on the water tower instead of the KI one (or, at least, the red and blue KI logo and not the CF logo one). Also, a new coat of paint on Stunt Crew Grill, Action Blast, and On Location would do wonders for the look of the area- the red has faded quite a bit. In terms of new rides, if SoB were to be removed, a new woodie or a few flats could be put in its spot. Maybe an Enterprise and S&S swing?

I think Days of Thunder should be torn out and maybe replaced with a Screamin' Swing, I think it would fit better in Action Zone than in Coney Mall. Also, I think there should be a cool stunt show where the water tower is multiple times through-out the day. That would really add to the action feel of Action Zone. They could even go as far as have some cool pyro-technics in the show along with the usual motorsports and other "stunts" which could change through-out the year.

Like i have said before, i always thought that Paramount should have put BLSC in Action Zone. It would have fit perfectly with the theme. It probably would have fit really nicely behind Delirium in the rest of the former KC location. Thunder Alley could have even been removed for more room. However, they decided to place it in a totally unrelated area. Why they did this, i shall never know...

someone had said moving congo falls to river town... man if only there was a log flume ride that took you up into the tree tops and it went back sort of where The Beast is...... sigh...... but then i guess diamond back would a. not be built where it is, b. have a different lay out.... but hey we go cript in river town.... sorry back to the topic... couldnt they just plant a tree or two in Action Zone, it does get very warm during the day and does not look real inviting to go in there.... (theme?)

I wish Paramount would of put Tomb Raider (The Crypt) in the Action Zone since it would fit the whole movie theme. I loved that huge log flume. Paramount messes everything up.
(emphasis added)

Really? Did they mess up in who they sold the parks to? Or in how much money they got for them? In installing the Flights of Fear? In bringing back Winterfest, for whatever reason? In signing a very lucrative Coke contract while they had the parks for sale? In hiring Jeff Seibert and thousands and thousands of other talented people, many of whom have left or who new park management let go?

Terpy, just sayin'