Invertigo

CincyMan98

Guest rcfreak339
Did Kings Island have to shut down Invertigo also? They did that when a Drop Tower ride killed someone.

No KI has not closed down Invertigo and if your talking about the SFKK accident, Yes KI did indeed shutdown Drop Tower because of it just for inspection and was up in less then two weeks. Plus the SFKK accident didn't kill anyone.

There could be many reasons park close or tear down rides. Not just that somethings wrong with them. Like poor ridership, to expensive to operate and other many things.

Well The Bat was closed because of the price of the mechanics right? There were no problems with it. Kind of the same with Son of Beast- there really is nothing wrong with it, just people don't seem to enjoy it. I don't know about Invertigo, I think that doesn't cost too much. That's safe.

Well The Bat was closed because of the price of the mechanics right? There were no problems with it. Kind of the same with Son of Beast- there really is nothing wrong with it, just people don't seem to enjoy it. I don't know about Invertigo, I think that doesn't cost too much. That's safe.

Then why on busy days is SoB's line over 2 hours long?

your kidding about The Bat, right? they didnt bank the turns and it caused an extreme amount of stress along the track and the wheels. the braking system was horrible as well... it really had no future. Son of Beast has been through a bit, but not near that much of a maintenance nightmare. there are plenty of people who still love sob, as well... i dont think ive ever seen Son of Beast with an empty line on a public operating day... (i did ride it with absolutely no line on GE day multiple times, however...)

1: I think it is unnappreciated because of its low capacity and long waiting times on days with lots of people.

I agree totally. It has short lines usually but because of it being a shuttle coaster it takes forever to load up people.

I'd agree with that, besides the loading for people. The crew is pretty awesome; it's just people who have to do something and they have to up bar the whole train.

I do like the ride a LOT. It's one of my favorites. I hope it gets the new restraints. I heard the new boomarang at Carowinds is actually pretty good just because of them. It's a big wish, and it will probably be a long time before we would recieve them. But the ride is very intense. I think it pulls around five g's. I usually see spots on the backwards loop!

If your talking about the incident with Superman at some Six Flags park, No. They did not close Invertigo due to that, they did close down Drop Tower though. Even though Drop Tower had its cables on the inside, and Superman had it on the outside they closed it for inspection.

The cables on the Drop Tower are on the outside of the ride look at a pic.

^Okay, on topic:

I dislike Ivertigo very very much. It is by far my least favorite coaster in the park, even behind the kiddie coasters. Every time I get off I have a huge headache and feel like I'm going to puke. My neck is always extremely stiff after it, and anyways, it's not even fun to begin with. I mean, Son of Beast does beat you up, but it's a lot of fun too. Invertigo makes you (at least me) feel horrible every time I get off and its no fun whatsoever.

Just my thoughts.

I mildly dislike it. I am not willing to wait more than 10 minutes for it. I think however that if it comes between having a compact coaster (Invertigo) or no coaster I will take Invertigo anyday.

I agree with Ki Man that with Carowind's Boomerangs restraints on Invertigo it would be a much better ride.

I enjoy Invertigo, but I can't stand waiting for it. The line is almost always over a half hour, and I won't wait for it if the line is past the awning under the loop. Obviously I haven't ridden it too much this year ;)

edit: 900th post!

The main reasons a coaster is torn down is:

because it is a maintenance nightmare,

they fall into disrepair,

or it poses a danger to the riders..

not because they don't fit everyone's idea of a fun ride. If that was true, we could all kiss amusement parks goodbye, because every ride at Kings Island has its share of people who don't like it.

I don't ride Invertigo because the g's are simply too much for me-everytime I have ridden I have come close to fainting.

I hav actaully had the smae problem on Invertigo, but only a couple times. Coming aroung the corkscrew part, I just kinda start to get like light headed and come close to like passing out. Its a problem

HandsUp, amusment parks don't tear down roller coasters if nothing's wrong with them.

Big Bad Wolf is getting torn down and it doesn't have anything wrong with it...

If there were truly nothing wrong with it, I doubt they'd remove it. I think that the maintenance costs on that ride are probably higher than the park is willing to pay, especially considering the intensity of BBW compared to ID or FD.