Vortex: Lapbars?

screamingnight

After all, the whole reason half of The Racer was turned backwards was because The Bat was demolished.

I've heard that The Racer was turned backwards in 1981, so it would probably be because The Bat was closed often.

But I don't know. I'm not old enough.

Oh, okay. I knew it was turned backwards because of problems with The Bat, and I just assumed it was because The Bat was demolished.

After all, the whole reason half of The Racer was turned backwards was because The Bat was demolished.

I've heard that The Racer was turned backwards in 1981, so it would probably be because The Bat was closed often.

Oh, okay. I knew it was turned backwards because of problems with The Bat, and I just assumed it was because The Bat was demolished.

Bat was added in 1981. Racer was turned Backward in 1982. Bat was removed in 1984.

I've never before heard any link between The Bat and turning The Racer Backwards. It may still be true, but I've never heard any linkage before this.

In some ways I want to thank you for those links (your ability to search for old threads you know exist is wonderful and it is interesting reading). In other ways, I'm a little frustrated that I'll never get the answer I was looking for (there was no alignment to The Bat/recaR linkage there either - and posters I trust were on both sides of the discussion!)

Those of us who rode Outer Limits with the OTSR's and now Flight of Fear with lapbars know the tremendous difference it made in that ride. Same for Batman and Robin: The Chiller and the Messrs Freeze. Yes, it could be done. It'd be mighty expensive, and I doubt Cedar Fair will be doing it. Nice dream, though.

Ooooo, I remember that for Outer Limits. Dang, that was painful. I have several piercings in my ears, and my ears would bang back and forth. I was so glad that they got rid of those OTSR on Outer Limits now FoF. I got headaches too. But I figured it was my choice to ride, so I had to deal with it.

But I completely agree with "the tremendous difference" that you mentioned.

King Cobra's bars were no party, but I really miss that ride..... :(

~Mina

Bat was added in 1981. Racer was turned Backward in 1982. Bat was removed in 1984.

I've never before heard any link between The Bat and turning The Racer Backwards. It may still be true, but I've never heard any linkage before this.

I always thought KI was being progressive. (The Beast, The Bat, turning The Racer backward on one side, having the first stand-up coaster with a loop, etc.) I always thought they were just stating "Yea, we're ahead of other parks, we're being cool it's the 80's!" (Just my thoughts, I can't promise that they are not strange or sane) Haha. No, but I had never heard of the relationship to The Racer going backward to sidetrack people from The Bat's immense problems until I read that on here last year. It's interesting.