KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

I am a long time KICentral poster and I really like these forums, I post here more then any other forum site. But over the past year it seems like that these forums have been overwhelmed with new members (trust me not a bad thing) but some new members have really no idea what they are talking about. I mean this board used to be a intelligent place to talk and discuss about Kings Island but all it seems like it is now is arguments, bashing and the occasional spam. It also seems like the old posters that knew what they were talking about have all of a sudden left. Its really weird. Iv'e also noticed a decrease in mods or admins, I'm not trying to bash any of them, they are awesome people that have created a good site and set up awesome events but it's just Iv'e seen a major decrease in mod and admin activity around the boards. I just wanted to put my concern out. I want the old KIC back, the one with people who can just have a great time and discuss about the park we all love.

Guest rcfreak339
They should have to take a test to join. :lol:

It's not they don't know what they are talking about as in they don't know much about Kings Island but just like common sense. Go read the Firehawk thread. It's a perfect example....People arguing and bashing.

They should have to take a test to join. :lol:

It's not they don't know what they are talking about as in they don't know much about Kings Island but just like common sense. Go read the Firehawk thread. It's a perfect example....People arguing and bashing.

I have been reading the Firehawk thread people can get so immature.

Thank you for posting your concerns rcfreak339. I feel the same way about the site. The same thing happened to another online forum I was part of and I no longer post on that site. It started getting filled with jerks. Not saying this site is filled with jerks because it is NOT. I am a proud member of KIC and I respect everyone's opinion on here as hopefully so does everyone else. I miss just talking about stuff without getting bashed for not agreeing with everyone else.

Back around 2007 when I read the forums and didn't post, it was great. Everyone was posting common sense topics, and there were rarely ever any argumentative topics. However, over the last year I have seen KIC become a dysfunctional forum. People started arguments, people began posting nonsense and things just got crazy. Not to mention there has been spam over the past few months. It's getting really weird to see such a good site turn into chaos. I agree 100% with what you said, Cody.

Can't we all just get along?

its also society, everything works well in a small test, when everyone agrees on a certain topic. The problem arrises when more and more people join and other ideas or perspectives are thrown into the mix. The extra ideas are not bad but what is bad is when people can not understand why others would disagree wiith other people. For example I may not like drop zone but someone may take offense and try to bash me for my lack of enthusiasm for rides or something else. I am proud to say I am new to this site and am veryy happy to be able to discuss things on here and try (key word here is to try) and not revert to the LCD (lowest common denominator) in discussions that turn ugly.....

• Like 1

Guest rcfreak339
The same thing happened to another online forum I was part of and I no longer post on that site. It started getting filled with jerks.

Pointbuzz?

I actually like posting at PointBuzz...

^^^ As do I, but tons of people over there can be rude. Most of them don't even post about the park they just wait to jump on a posters back and give them heck.

you do know PKI unlimited was the old site before PKIcentral.com ;) its the same :lol:

...Iv'e also noticed a decrease in mods or admins, I'm not trying to bash any of them, they are awesome people that have created a good site and set up awesome events but it's just Iv'e seen a major decrease in mod and admin activity around the boards...

Thatg was actualy discussed in another thread recently. One person had kids and needed to spend more time with them, others were going to school or were busy, and the current mods and admins can handle what needs to be done.

Also, I started reading on this site in about June of last year, but didn't join until March of this year. I can tell a difference in the posters in that short period of time (up until today, even). A lot of the frequent posters last year no longer post, or very seldomly do. A lot of newer people have started posting, Jackson has not tried to 'argue' as much (no offense. I can tell your posts have become more 'intelligent'), Terpy hasn't changed too much though, there is more arguing and not listening to others' opinion. That's just to name a few.

But, overall, I enjoy reading on this site, and think it is a wonderful place and I think it's wonderful that people like Ryan and Dane take a lot of their time to run it and to entertain people, a lot of whom they don't even know.

Edit: Rumor Smasher, he was talking about PointBuzz, I think.

• Like 1

I've been around here a while and I don't really notice a huge step back than other years. There have always been the people that pop in during the season who don't spell adequately and mainly just want to argue. I find this most true during the seasons when there is a new ride because the park gets more attention so more people end up here. During years where not much changes it seems like the same core group of people hang out here and discuss more in depth topics.

When it comes to something like the Firehawk death or the SOB injury topic; I just believe those are hard subjects to talk about because one post that seems insulting to a victim is going to start an argument then that argument will spread like wildfire.

Give it some time and when the off-season gets here and it's pretty boring; that's when you'll see things get back to normal where the people who really care about the park and care about the people who post here will be in full force because they'll need to get their KIC fix.

• Like 1

Boo Hoo. You don't have to post on it. It's not the end of the world.

See coments like that relate to this topic...

I know this thread is directed at me, so who cares anyway. LOL!

...You don't get my point anyway. Instead of whining, you can get off the computer and do something else. Simple as that. Sorry y'all have a problem with me.

I'm new and I don't want people to think I'm a jerk. I just joined because I've been reading and it seemed like a lot of fun! But I never mean to hurt anyones feelings. laugh.gif

Don't worry, they are talking bout DiamondbackLover over here. Hey-O!

People don't want to have a problem with you. You seem to know it, and know why, but yet you pretty much say, "Well, su**s for you. I have a right to be here and I'm going to do what I want". Sometimes you don't act like that, but sometimes you do. Also, this thread was not directed at you.

People don't want to have a problem with you. You seem to know it, and know why, but yet you pretty much say, "Well, su**s for you. I have a right to be here and I'm going to do what I want". Sometimes you don't act like that, but sometimes you do. Also, this thread was not directed at you.

Did I ever say that? All I said is you don't have to post on it. It's a forum.

I doubt Cody would direct a thread at a single member. Even though they unnecessarily posted this: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:9Ot6GY...lient=firefox-a

Just sayin'.

Aww that thread was too cute!

Guest rcfreak339

I doubt Cody would direct a thread at a single member. Even though they unnecessarily posted this: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:9Ot6GY...lient=firefox-a

Just sayin'.

You know what DiamondbackLover, I really wish you would just get banned already...your one of the most annoying members, I swear.

I hate arguing, and DiamondbackLover, you like to start a lot of it. Iv'e met alot of members from here at events and things and they are all awesome people and I really do miss the old KIC.

Just sayin'.

You know what DiamondbackLover, I really wish you would just get banned already...your one of the most annoying members, I swear.

I hate arguing, and DiamondbackLover, you like to start a lot of it. Iv'e met alot of members from here at events and things and they are all awesome people and I really do miss the old KIC.

You hate arguing? Well you just called me annoying...so that ruins your point. Like I said before, it's an internet forum. It's sad you're so nostalgic about an internet forum when posters like myself weren't in it. Get a life and stop attacking me.