KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

Rcfreak339 You are saying what many have been saying for some time. The truth is many of the Old and New members are still here but are choosing not to participate in the current offerings and are tying to wait out for some type of change. LongLiveTheSmurfRide you said it right about the real true park and KIC enthusiasts fans are here to stay especially in the off seasons.

DiamondbackLover to be honest this thread has nothing to do with you, over the years we get many like you that come and go and we will get many more. Basically what I am saying is your not that unique.

Boodah1984 - I hope more focus is on the members and what they want and less on what others want us to know. (It's not fun anymore) there needs to be a better balance and fast. I support this site 100% and know you guys have lives but this site has some of the best members I have ever been associated with and I think they are being under utilized and overlooked. I am here through all the changes even when I post less at times.

• Like 1

Never take moderation on a forum personally. It's just part of the job. Read your posts in this topic alone and think to yourself, "Is this relevant?" or "Am I adding to the conversation?" or "Could my post be considered offensive?" and finally "Is this my opinion? Did I say it's my opinion or try to pass it off as fact?" Those are some good guidelines to go by when posting.

• Like 1

Rcfreak339 You are saying what many have been saying for some time. The truth is many of the Old and New members are still here but are choosing not to participate in the current offerings and are tying to wait out for some type of change. LongLiveTheSmurfRide you said right about the real true park and KIC enthusiasts fans are here to stay especially in the off seasons.

DiamondbackLover to be honest this thread has nothing to do with you, over the years we get many like you that come and go and we will get many more. Basically what I am saying is your not that unique.

Boodah1984 - I hope more focus is on the members and what they want and less on what others what us to know. (It's not fun anymore) there needs to be a better balance and fast. I support this site 100% and know you guys have lives but this site has some of the best members I have ever been associated with and I think they are being under utilized and overlooked. I am here through all the changes even when I post less at times.

....Ouch. Well I'm here to stay Avatar. Sorry. And you don't know me. I am DEFINITELY unique. LOL

Well, I guess this is the part where I ask you guys what you think we should do.

I think you (meaning the mods and admins) should make people start using correct grammar and spelling. Also, make people quit starting so many darn arguments laugh.gif. Sorry DiamondbackLover.

Ya can't please everyone I guess.

A very wise reply from Avatar, as usual. It's the quality, not the quantity, of posts and input that counts. So many miss that....

And DiamondbackLover, it's hard to say you are not a troll when you start stuff like that Cheerio Poopsik nonsense...

C'mon Terp. You know that post was cute. I was just kidding around.

Guest rcfreak339
A very wise reply from Avatar, as usual. It's the quality, not the quantity, of posts and input that counts. So many miss that....

And DiamondbackLover, it's hard to say you are not a troll when you start stuff like that Cheerio Poopsik nonsense...

It was uncalled for. End of story. There have been many threads just full of non-sense, thats why have created this thread. I would love some changes.

And endless violations of the Terms of Service, mostly by a very few users:

* One word posts.

* Claiming something is confirmed by someone in the park without citing a source.

* Stating one's own opinion as if it were fact, then getting heated when others call one on it.

This is not the civil, friendly place it used to be.

You go TERP!! Don't mess with the law DiamondbackLover.

YOU ROCK TERP!!

You go TERP!!! Don't mess with the law Rumor Smasher.

YOU ROCK TERP!!

• Like 1

And endless violations of the Terms of Service, mostly by a very few users:

* One word posts.

* Claiming something is confirmed by someone in the park without citing a source.

* Stating one's own opinion as if it were fact, then getting heated when others call one on it.

This is not the civil, friendly place it used to be.

Amen Terpy!! I am saddened with what this has become.

What should we do? Good question. I am totally ok with PM's, but personally, I think my time is done. It's been fun guys, I mean it. I will be back, but its gonna be a while. I think we all need to step back and just cool down for a while, and realize we all like each other and stop the bickering.

You go TERP!! Don't mess with the law DiamondbackLover.

YOU ROCK TERP!!

You go TERP!!! Don't mess with the law Rumor Smasher.

YOU ROCK TERP!!

:lol: I love calling him TERP!

For those who would like to do some moderating themselves for a more enjoyable KIC experience. You can in your “My Controls” go down to the left and click on “Manage Ignored Users” and enter any member you wish to ignore.

Or better yet, you can just ignore what they say. Some here are quite obviously only trolling for attention, positive or negative. The only danger of doing so by a forum rule is that statements that member may then make about you may go unchallenged. Not good. For that reason, I do not recommend using the control panel to ignore members. To too many, silence is acceptance.

I would like to say, as a new user, that I love this site. However it is very hard to keep reading the garbadge that one user posts non-stop. I find it amazingly annoying and really hard to keep watching him ruin so many posts with absolute junk. I dont think I am alone here either. Isnt there a ban or probation or something tht could be done? Please?

just wonderin'

This forum is about you guys. Don't let others ruin it for you. If you see a specific member who consistently posts spam or useless info, let us know. You be the prosecutor, we'll be the judge, jury and on good days executioner.

Sorry to double post --

For those of you who were wondering: yes, the "I am going on hiatus" thread was removed.

One less bit of stupidity that the rest of you need to deal with.

This forum is about you guys. Don't let others ruin it for you. If you see a specific member who consistently posts spam or useless info, let us know. You be the prosecutor, we'll be the judge, jury and on good days executioner.

Sorry to double post --

For those of you who were wondering: yes, the "I am going on hiatus" thread was removed.

Awww shucks I had something funny to post.

Guest rcfreak339

Sorry to double post --

I officially call this day August 8th, 2009 "KIC change day" to mark the day we put our foot down and start making this one of the best forums out there again!