KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

Hello all, I have been a member since 2006, but I am mostly and have always been a lurker. I enjoy reading all the rumors and always read good info about the park when I first started reading the site. I always enjoy reading the PTR's and hearing about trips to other parks rather than KI. I have noticed an increase in people fighting and arguing over stuff that has no reason to be discussed. It takes away from the atmosphere of the site that used to exist. I hope people can continue to enjoy the site, and enjoy all the exciting, but mostly rumors that we read, and enjoy reading the PTR/TR without having rude or unneccessary comments.

KIC is a living community of people that will outlive the site if it were ever to fade away... I don't know any of them personally, but I've been nothing short of impressed with what "The Enthusiast", Dane, Ryan, Bill, etc. (from the Staff page; I don't know who else was involved) have brought us over these years. Not to mention the wealth of quality info and thoughtful input from the members.

As long as I've been able to come in here and have such fun discussion with fellow KI fans, there has been no such thing as an off-season. :mellow:

• Like 1

^

The offseasson is always more enjoyable because of your graphic creations. Always something to make me laugh.

Like so many have said the forums and threads get so far off topic because of stupid posts and the arguements break out. I ask all members to stay on topic and to ignore the moronic posts that are only there to bump post count or to divert the thread.

• Like 1

^Thanks!

As for how I deal with those pesky argument-starters (the ones who do it just to rile us) I use 'ignore user' when a troll comes a trollin'. :) The less response they get, the less they'll stick around. My motto: When a poster makes you sore, report and ignore!

(well, that's not really my motto, but it rhymes!)

• Like 1

If this is in any way about me I would like to apologize. I don't mean to come across like a troll or internet bully or anything with my smart alec remarks or satirical photoshops. Just my way of making my point. I guess some people are offended by people who have different opinions than they do - or ideas that go against the Kings Island Fan's canon.

For the most part I like the park. There's just some things I don't like - such as Son of Beast. So I am sorry if this offends anyone - I will try to be more sensitive to the fact that some people just happen to be masochistic.

• Like 1

If this is in any way about me I would like to apologize. I don't mean to come across like a troll or internet bully or anything with my smart alec remarks or satirical photoshops. Just my way of making my point. I guess some people are offended by people who have different opinions than they do - or ideas that go against the Kings Island Fan's canon.

For the most part I like the park. There's just some things I don't like - such as Son of Beast. So I am sorry if this offends anyone - I will try to be more sensitive to the fact that some people just happen to be masochistic.

You don't offend me at all. Your photoshops, especially that photo of Reagan saying " Mr. Helbig, tear down that coaster now." have brought much needed laughter into my life. There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion the way you do as you don't do so in a way that personally attacks people. Speaking for myself you owe me absolutely no apology. Keep those funny photos coming.

• Like 1

I originally found KIC when trying to discover where B&M fabricated track in Cincinnati. After I found out, I joined and enjoyed being a member when Diamondback was being built. I try to be a serious and insightful poster. I really hope people will think and not make pointless comments, becuase it ruins our reputation. I'm excited to stay a loyal member for a long time.

-Liz

• Like 1

I love these forums. They're so much more accepting than others. I made an account on Coasterforce.com, and a lot of members were making inappropriate jokes. People on here also kindly point out mistakes, while Coasterforce members rudely correct them.

I know that I am a newer member on this site and my not always make the best posts, but there are some posters on this site that are out of hand. You know who you are. If you're going to post on this site, don't consistantly ignore the Terms of Service, or start arguments all the time, or try to be Mr. Funny Guy just to get attention. Thanks.

If I am ever like this, please tell me.

• Like 1

I would like to thank you rcfreak339. For posting a very much needed topic and conversation between the members here on KIC. I'm glad we all have(or most of us) understood whats going on here and what we need to do. Thanks again rcfreak339. I feel like KIC is becoming a little more tolerable now that you have started this topic.

I think everyone needs to relax. I have not been a member long and I dont post often, however I have been reading the posts for quite a while. It seems to me the SOB thing has raised the tension level here about 10x. I wish everyone would just take a deep breath. I know there are a new member or two here who should just go away, but new members are how the comunity will grow. So is it really a big deal if someone does not love your favorite ride? Or why is it so upsetting when someone puts "the" in front of a rides name? If we all just don't sweat the small stuff, this will be a much more laid back forum.

I hope as a new member I don't upset anyone!

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Can somebody PLEASE put an end to all these "Coaster Battles"?! I mean they were okay at first and then people are making really stupid ones to try to be funny, like "SOB vs. FOC", or "Son of Beast vs. Little Bill's Giggle Coaster", or "Diamondback vs. Little Bill's Giggle Coaster". Can we please just be serious here? It's not funny. Some people actually like Son of Beast. Aside from those, there are still WAY too many "Coaster Battles".

I know, SOB isn't the main reason I said that. They're just getting kind of annoying. How many Coaster Battles have there been? 10? They were okay at the beginning and then once the started back up again they've started to get kind of annoying. 5 or so in the past week.

This is posted in another topic, but I thought I would post it here, since it seems pertinent in this subject.

A Note to First Time Users: Welcome to Kings Island Central! Please note that KICentral.com is in no way affiliated with Kings Island Amusement Park or the Cedar Fair Entertainment Co.

I have to raise my eyebrows at that, especially after the SoB threads. Again, forgive me if I'm crossing lines.

This is posted in another topic, but I thought I would post it here, since it seems pertinent in this subject.

A Note to First Time Users: Welcome to Kings Island Central! Please note that KICentral.com is in no way affiliated with Kings Island Amusement Park or the Cedar Fair Entertainment Co.

I have to raise my eyebrows at that, especially after the SoB threads. Again, forgive me if I'm crossing lines.

David, you're not crossing any lines. You seem to be one of the few people posting in this topic who has an intelligent perspective about what is going on. IMO, it's welcomed and appreciated.. too many people here are just getting angry and typing without thinking first.

And some of them are the same people who are excited that Cedar Fair is providing its own forums under the guise of the Ride Warrior thingy. Think about these things:

* How do you think comments that Cedar Fair thinks are unfair or just doesn't like will be handled there?

* Do you think at some time Cedar Fair will say we have our own forums and don't like competition so it's time you people closed?

* Do you think free, spirited robust conversation about, say, trim brakes on The Beast will be welcome on Cedar Fair's official forums? Or about rides opening late? Or even fights in the park? Or changes in security that some members think are unwise?

* What do you suppose will happen to the first park employee who posts the first thing, significant or not, that Cedar Fair doesn't want posted on those official forums? How do you think this will affect other employees who think about posting?

There's a lot to be said for this here place, and for Cedar Fair's relative tolerance of it. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you got til you don't got it no more...

Terpy, just sayin' (and if this site is tolerant and if there really are NO issues like those I have stated, this will remain here for the duration...if it disappears, my point is made in spades)