KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

* How do you think comments that Cedar Fair thinks are unfair or just doesn't like will be handled there?

* Do you think free, spirited robust conversation about, say, trim brakes on The Beast will be welcome on Cedar Fair's official forums? Or about rides opening late? Or even fights in the park? Or changes in security that some members think are unwise?

Both of those seem to be true on KIC as of late...

I remember Paramount Parks did a test run of their own forums one time. I think you know how that went.

Best part of that whole Paramount fiasco is when they emailed me, of all people, asking what they can do to make their site popular like KIC. I told them you can put all the marketing budget in the world behind it and it'll still just be an official site with forums, which would never fly. That's like a band running their own fan club.

My honest opinion? One year from now the forums on that site will be gone. Not necessarily due to a lack of popularity, but since the site is run by Cedar Fair, it's going to have a hell of a lot more credibility behind it when some 15 year old kid posts that he heard from an inside source that whatever ride is down for the season. Oh, I can hear the media calls rolling in.......

• Like 1

Being able to state your opinion should be a right no matter where you are or what it's about....

Jackson, again stating an opinion....opinions are great, aren't they?

Opinions are great, and you are always free to state your opinion. But, when you agree to abide by things like Terms of Service (which you did when registering for this site), you are being granted a privilege by the owners/operators of these forums to use them and state your opinions on them.

I haven't done my research, but I wouldn't doubt if KIC was still the largest amusement park fan site. A site like this takes a lot of time and attention for something that doesn't pay the bills at home. Thanks for the effort guys! :D

Makes you feel old? I remember being on PKIU, and before that, running a site called "Guide to the Island," so don't talk to me about feeling old!!!!!

:):):)

You were behind Guide to the Island?! I remember that! :lol:

• Like 1

I believe the word you are searching for is discretion. Discrepancy is a near fit...meaning something that sticks out as being odd or not jibing with everything else...Discretion is judgment, knowing when and when not to do something or other; having a choice and using that choice, usually wisely.

Strange, I actually meant to type discretion when I posted. How I put discrepancy, I have no clue. :wacko:

Thanks Terpy.

• Like 1

Opinions are great, however they require another component; discretion. Know when to throw out your opinion and how to do so. Seems to be a bit of a problem around KIC.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been trying to get that point across in several other threads.. I do not like what is happening to KIC. Not one bit.

Ugh you people are now posting everything you want to say! "Neither do I." "What are you saying?" "I'm not getting worked up about it."

See, this is what's happened. No one is staying on topic. Everyone starts talking about things like, "You made me mad!" or correcting people and AAAAAAAAAAAAH it's annoying.

I think the problem is that the new members (I hate to point people out but TTDMaverick) are trying to cause problems, therefor making this place not so warm and fuzzy. Solution? Ignore said posts, and the posts will disappear. Not that we want the posters to disappear per se, but the posts definitely.