KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

I've learned a lot over just standing back and watchin, waitin for the oppertune time to chime in. Insted of just hoppin on, cause that can land you in hot water quickly. So my advice is to watch before you post. It can save you in the long run.

• Like 1

Tom, I would agree with that. The old, solid members are just how they used to be. They're (we're) trying to deal with some of these new members(some troublesome, some not at all).

I think my ignore list is going to grow exponentially. :)

TTDMaverick,

In the past, a log on to KIC was a great trip where I could learn what is up at the park, as well as some interesting news stories without having to deal with childish rants along the way. I was using you as an example from a topic that was deleted in which the comments made from your user name were irrelevant and quite honestly childish which added nothing to the conversation (The post regarding iChase being a troll comes to mind.) If you are offended, sorry, but that is my opinion, and I have always thought of myself as the one who would stand up and say such opinions.

Now if we can all act like adults who have a passion (and wish to hear others' thoughts on the matter,) then the boards will return to the former glory that it once was. If we cannot, well, I have a feeling that the few will ruin it for the many.

I have to agree with Tom. I'm sure all of the new people disagree, but the forum community has changed ALOT over the last five years. It's just part of what happens to a forum community that amasses such a huge number of users. Go to any forums out there - theme park related or not - and you'll see that you have two distinct groups: the oldies and the noobs. The fact that this disparity exists is responsible for many conflicts.

You have people who want to make all these polls or the one hundredth "What's your favorite ride?" topic or the "Quiz Show" if anyone remembers that. :rolleyes: The people who have been around a long time get irritated at this, and topics get closed and deleted, then the new people cant figure out why and arguments start.

Now if we can all act like adults who have a passion (and wish to hear others' thoughts on the matter,) then the boards will return to the former glory that it once was. If we cannot, well, I have a feeling that the few will ruin it for the many.

Nah it was fine. :lol: That was in the early days. Was just funny cause it was during the same time as the Survivor and Photoshop topics - and that game where you say something about the person that posts before you, and the person that's going to post after you. Great times. That's the kind of stuff I miss.

The stuff like Diamondback vs Little Bill's Giggle coaster is just getting a little carried away. :lol:

But, that's who he is. If he were not who he is, he wouldn't be The Interpreter.

Diamondback FOF trying to be like Terpy. :lol:

Seriously, that is who he is. He can't always say what he knows because he would end up not knowing what he knows. But, he will say what he knows when it is okay for others to know what he knows. ;):P

• Like 1

Please no. KIC has lost a lot recently, but please do not threaten KIC's sense of humor. That's one of the few things this site has managed to keep and excel in, a fun, joking friendly community. There are numerous sites I will not post on because they are to strict, to serious, not any fun.

And about Terpy, I would know he takes some getting used to. If you do not know him like most of us on this board do, it would indeed seem like he is a invaluable spammer. But, he is the most insightful, intelligent, and wise member on KICentral. And he has a tendency to not say what he means straightforwardly. Sometimes on a good day he will even put it in humorous form. And when he sounds like his is making an attack on someone, take it from me, he is not.

• Like 1

Please no. KIC has lost a lot recently, but please do not threaten KIC's sense of humor. That's one of the few things this site has managed to keep and excel in, a fun, joking friendly community. There are numerous sites I will not post on because they are to strict, to serious, not any fun.

And about Terpy, I would know he takes some getting used to. If you do not know him like most of us on this board do, it would indeed seem like he is a invaluable spammer. But, he is the most insightful, intelligent, and wise member on KICentral. And he has a tendency to not say what he means straightforwardly. Sometimes on a good day he will even put it in humorous form. And when he sounds like his is making an attack on someone, take it from me, he is not.

Trust me, if I made a joke, iChase (sorry, it's true) and other members would go on rants about how my post didn't add to this thread. I'm going to stop now, because I don't want it to happen.

Trust me, if I made a joke, iChase (sorry, it's true) and other members would go on rants about how my post didn't add to this thread. I'm going to stop now, because I don't want it to happen.

And The Interpreter has been around this board since almost the beginning and consistently adds to the knowledge of the people on this forum so we allow him some leeway that we don't grant to people who joined two weeks ago. When you have been here as long as he has and have contributed as much as he has, we will be happy to grant you that same privilege.

In the words of Freud, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. By implication, sometimes it is not just a cigar. Which is which? That is the difficult part.

I will not interpret further my comment earlier in this thread, but I will say this. It was not just a cigar. There's more to it than that, as there sometimes is.

Terpy, trying hard to say something which cannot otherwise be said at this time (and thanks for the votes of confidence...I appreciate y'all, too; else I'd spend my time doing the many things I should be doing instead of posting here (and there and over there)).