KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

I have not “jumped in the water” on this thread…until now…

I do not think that the problem that you have is with “The Interpreter” himself…but more of what I have been seeing more and more and MORE of lately…it has been bugging me for a while but I have not mentioned it…there are WAY to many terpy “wannabes“. The man’s (or woman’s) identity seems to being usurped more and more every day.

Sometimes people ask questions that I wonder about also, when I read those questions I get excited to see if someone can answer it. But to find that answer I have to read through posts such as:

"Yes."

I do not think that The Interpreter is the greatest offender of the “Yes” answer…I find that he himself uses it sparingly…and usually when some just “asks” for it by posting a question that deserves it…such as “Does anyone know if Son of Beast will re-open”…obviously someone DOES know the answer, but that person is not allowed to post the answer…so why ask the question…in my opinion they “deserve” a simple “yes” answer!

The Interpreter has a personality all his own…which I enjoy…but seeing some other posters it only reminds me of the difference between The Beatles & The Monkees…one’s the original…the other is a copy.

I KNOW that no one means’ any harm…it is just all in fun, but for me personally, I would prefer reading lots of DIFFERENT personalities and not a bunch of clones…everyone should try and just be themselves…I for one am happy being the cranky old man! :D

• Like 1

Yeah I have noticed alot of people stealing The Interpreter's signature tagline - where he ends a post with something like "Terpy, who wonders how deep the rabbit hole goes" or something like that.

I don't see how anyone could complain about the Interpreter himself. He's one of the most contributing members of the forum community, and a really cool guy.

I do not think that The Interpreter is the greatest offender of the “Yes” answer…I find that he himself uses it sparingly…and usually when some just “asks” for it by posting a question that deserves it…such as “Does anyone know if Son of Beast will re-open”…obviously someone DOES know the answer, but that person is not allowed to post the answer…so why ask the question…in my opinion they “deserve” a simple “yes” answer!

It's a stupid answer to a stupid question. When Interpreter does it, it's funny. When others do it, it's just kind of sad. That's just my humble opinion on it.

I think we can all agree that this comes down to a respect issue.

What do I mean? Well, let me explain it to those new members: If you want respect, you GIVE respect. TTD Maverick, every single one of your post that I have seen, you have bashed members who have years of experience not only on the board, but in the amusement industry. I don't know if your parent/guardians ever told you this, but SHOW RESPECT TO YOUR ELDERS! Its really frusturating to hear you come in and bash one of the most respected members on this board when you have been here for 15 days, and have a grand total of 77 posts. Let me ask you this: Out of those 77 posts, how many have actually contributed to a conversation?

What should you get out of this rant TTD Maverick? Well, since I know that you don't like riddles, I will spell it out to you: Show proper respect on these boards. Contribute to the conversation instead of trying to cause problems. Its getting really annoying.

Oh, and for the rest of the new members, I wish to tell you something: Those who dont know tell, and those who know don't tell. So if someone says something cryptic, you might want to think about it. You know, use that thing between your ears.

Tom, who knows hes stealing Terpys tagline, but is getting tired of the disrespect shown by some people.

• Like 1

Tom, you might want to edit your Terpy quote. You have everybody telling what they know right now. :unsure:

I am curious when so many of the newer members decided that they are moderators because they spend much of their time telling others that their posts are unacceptable and quoting the TOS that they themselves violate frequently.

I sincerely hope that during the off-season most of these annoyances get bored and leave this forum the way it was before they got here.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to bump this topic to thank all the mods for doing a great job at keeping up the forum.

All of the "problem" posters from last summer have either been banned, or have stopped posting, and all of the disturbing spam that has been posted recently has been removed quickly and quietly. KIC seems to be back to it's true and honorable self. BoddaH1994, Dane, and CoastersRZ have spent countless hours keeping this forum up and operating smoothly, and they deserve honorable recognition for it.

• Like 1

KIC has truly made a wonderful rebound lately, I can actually come on here and expect some good conversation with great people about a place that I love, and not have to deal with spam and awful members and fighting. Kudos to Ryan, Dane and Robbie for really cleaning this place up. I'd say KIC is back to 90% of it's original glory.

I'm not giving that 10% back until we get our events back! ;)

• Like 1

It saddens me that so many of my friends have stopped coming to this site because of a few spammers and unruly members. I've stuck around no matter what, and I'm not going anywhere no matter how bad it gets. I have faith in Ryan, Dane, and Robbie that they have and will continue to keep this site a clean and welcoming place.

It saddens me that so many of my friends have stopped coming to this site because of a few spammers and unruly members. I've stuck around no matter what, and I'm not going anywhere no matter how bad it gets. I have faith in Ryan, Dane, and Robbie that they have and will continue to keep this site a clean and welcoming place.

HTCO agrees with this comment.

If it wasnt for this web site or Kings Island I would have not met such wonderful People on hear. Its amazing who you meet in line for a Ride ;) .

So you found them with your ear? :P

Well, he DOES have me as a friend.. who wouldn't hear my loud mouth? :lol:

Me. Because I never paid attention to everyone's voices at KI. :lol:

Online forums are doomed to have more arguments and frustration than your average face to face conversation. There is no non-verbal communication or good way to convey all those things said in the tone of your voice.

I have quit using many other sites because they are so negative. I like KICentral and think we have great mods. and members.

• Like 1

Remember, things are always slower in the offseason anyway. There are no trip reports from Kings Island or various other amusement parks. And since Kings Island isn`t installing a multi-million dollar attraction next year, there is no central buzz to concentrate talks during the offseason. Ie, no "webcam updates" with the latest progress on Diamondback, etc.

• Like 1