KIC: What Happened?

Guest rcfreak339

^haha well put. I like the variety on KIC. Specifically being able to discuss off-topic subjects. For instance, someone recently just had a question about computer hardware and was able to get an answer in this community. It's convenient.

• Like 1

And as you get older than 11 years, you will realize there is more to life than just Kings Island. Far, far more. Friendships and relationships developed at Kings Island, and even here, will some day outweigh the park itself. At least they do for most of us.

To talk ONLY coasters and park stuff, especially this time of year, would make this place a very, very mundane place.

• 7 months later...
Guest rcfreak339

Sadly I must bring this topic back again.

I have noticed a ton more arguing around here then EVER before and it's gotten out of hand. I am no means directing this post to a single member.

I know I am not perfect and I know I will post things I shouldn't..Sometimes I can pass as a "Know it all" in which I'm truly not and for that I apologize. I truly do.

Also, I know that I am not a Mod or an Admin but I know that they agree with me when I say that KIC is no place to bad talk and bash other members, if you want to do that there is a nice PM button at the top right where you can argue with a certain member all you want. Sorry but I just HAD to get this off my chest.

After looking at the SOB topic I'm definitely going to have to agree... I made this account last year but I didn't start posting until this season. It seems to be getting more and more common as the days go on...

EDIT: I know that sounds a little harsh so I just want to say that I am NOT directing that towards anyone.

• Like 1

i'm one of those that have taken part in some of the "arguments," but i would like to point out that after i'm in one, i pm accordingly (something that most don't see and think they don't happen.)

so, i'm sorry kic for any argument, or what is labeled as an argument by other members, that i've been apart of.

Also remember the difference between debate and arguments. This is a forum, and disagreements are part of what makes the forums fun. It's personal attacks and competition that turn debates into something that no one wants to read. Especially when it just turns into a match to get in the last post, because it just never stops. There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, and there's not even anything wrong with publicly disagreeing with someone. It's attacking someone because they disagree with you, and this is going on often enough to be a problem. Again, I'm not calling out any particular person.

• Like 2

If you want to see bashing and rude ass people, go to Geauga Lake's old park site. It's set up like PointBuzz. Man, the people in there would make the devil look like an angel. Lol. A few of the admin. on Thrillnetwork are the same way. But they back off when they are beat. I know on here, i seen one KIC member who had some sort of beef with ACE and i called him on it. He got mad at me when i asked him what his problem with us was. His avatar had American Dumpster Enthusiasts on it. My guess is that he got kicked out of ACE for doing something bad. The forums here are better then most sites i belonged to.

• Like 1

If you want to see bashing and rude ass people, go to Geauga Lake's old park site. It's set up like PointBuzz. Man, the people in there would make the devil look like an angel. Lol. A few of the admin. on Thrillnetwork are the same way. But they back off when they are beat. I know on here, i seen one KIC member who had some sort of beef with ACE and i called him on it. He got mad at me when i asked him what his problem with us was. His avatar had American Dumpster Enthusiasts on it. My guess is that he got kicked out of ACE for doing something bad. The forums here are better then most sites i belonged to.

I doubt he was kicked out of ACE. Some people dislike ACE/KIC/GOCC/whatever members because of their own preconceived notions...

I have noticed a ton more arguing around here then EVER before and it's gotten out of hand. I am no means directing this post to a single member.

I know I am not perfect and I know I will post things I shouldn't..Sometimes I can pass as a "Know it all" in which I'm truly not and for that I apologize. I truly do.

Also, I know that I am not a Mod or an Admin but I know that they agree with me when I say that KIC is no place to bad talk and bash other members, if you want to do that there is a nice PM button at the top right where you can argue with a certain member all you want. Sorry but I just HAD to get this off my chest.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I also agree with Tyler and Mark about the PM issue. I get bashed and insulted for posting my opinion and being honest, which has all but chased me off from being a regular poster here. I really think some people on this site need to grow up and/or find a better place to start their drama.. that is not what the forums are for.

All I ever read is "Cedar Fail" and "Son of Beast hot dog roast" and "I haven't been to (insert park here) but judging from the POVs, I can pretty much conclude that the park is not worth visiting" -- really? Is this is what being a roller coaster/theme park/amusement park FAN or ENTHUSIAST is about?.. I think not.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I also agree with Tyler and Mark about the PM issue. I get bashed and insulted for posting my opinion and being honest, which has all but chased me off from being a regular poster here. I really think some people on this site need to grow up and/or find a better place to start their drama.. that is not what the forums are for.

All I ever read is "Cedar Fail" and "Son of Beast hot dog roast" and "I haven't been to (insert park here) but judging from the POVs, I can pretty much conclude that the park is not worth visiting" -- really? Is this is what being a roller coaster/theme park/amusement park FAN or ENTHUSIAST is about?.. I think not.

Well said. This site has recently become infested with B&M fanboys who apparently have nothing better to do than troll about how they hate everything else. If people are too scared to ride Son of Beast or Vortex or any other ride, they are entitled to their opinions, but the treatment of those who disagree with them has reached a new low, IMO.

Only two?

There is a difference between honest, frank and open discussion and mean-spirited bickering and causing fights.

This is a discussion forum. Some, though, think that anyone who disagrees with them is being disagreeable, and that is not necessarily the case. Others think Cedar Fair must always be given the benefit of any doubt, and not doing so is blasphemy...except when they do it, then they see it as legitimate criticism.

^^You are right. Most of these "arguments" are started just by stating a different opinion...one person states an opinion, the other disagrees and starts a fight. A lot of us have been sensitive, including me! (I kept on referring to how young I was and I didn't understand anything :lol:).

These boards have gotten better ever since this topic has started, I've seen. I'm glad to be on here and I'll stay on here for many more years to come! :)

• Like 1