Firehawk REOPENS

Oldschool75

^Funnieist? Interesting choice of words.

I have been in Tennessee all weekend and my mom just told me about the accident and I immediately came here to look for a thread and sure enough, I found one. I cannot believe this happened. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Shields and his family. As for the re-open topic, I am glad to see that nothing is wrong, as far as mechanically, with Firehawk and that it is opened back up. Sometimes things just happen at the spur of the moment. I have always thought Firehawk was one of the safest rides in the park and I feel more safe in it's restraints then about any other coaster. Firehawk does put your body through some pretty strenuous G's though.

^^Wow, really? Nice punctuation, grammar, AND spelling. Please, please, please put some thought into it.

And Jasper, I agree with you about the restraints. A lot of people say they feel unsafe on it, but I feel more restrained in that than I do on several of the rides at KI. The flexible straps are great. They fit directly to the rider's size, and I think they're quite comfortable as well. Especially considering the amount of g's you pull on FH.

2009, 06:25 PM']No need for new topic, please keep all "Firehawk accident" in one topic please.

Ummm, that is titled "Man dies after riding Firehawk." People would see that and think, "Oh, I want to find out more." People will see this and be like "Yea. I can go to KI and ride FH". Two totally different topics of conversation. Therefore, two totally different threads.

The Fox 19 news, that is viewed by the tristate area (including Kings Island) their news ticker sayes Man dies on ride. Ki should take LEAGAL ACTION

Stop right there, before this thread goes off on a tangent.

KI will more than likely not take legal action against a news station or any other media source for sensationalized headlines or pops to pull viewers back after the commerical breaks. They may have a polite talk with these outlets about correcting their stories, but nothing else.

Please stop posting to watch your count grow and just because you have a question does not mean you should ask it. A little reading on this site and you will learn quite a lot, without ever posting a word.

First off, I didn't post that to watch my post count go up. I thought if I had a question about what someone posted, I should ask it. I don't see a problem with that.

Also, I wasn't saying KI should take legal action. I was wondering why they should, since that is what the person before me posted.

Finally, I have done some reading on this site and I have learned quite a lot. I continue to learn something (even if it's small) everyday on here.

The posting to watch your count go up is a general request for many of the users who are adding nothing. Also if you noticed I did not quote your post or anyone elses. Instead I am asking to keep the thread on topic and to stop this tangent, hence my explanation of your question and a refrence to the news story TylerRider was trying to coherently discuss. I think? Finaly why ask a question when something as absurdly posted about KI Take Legal action is posted. Comments like that should be ignored because they hold no water and there is no relevance. Like i said in my earlier post, sometimes the best option is to post nothing at all.

I would like to request that everyone stop posting on this topic, as it is people are hearing about it on the news and it not something we need to be gossiping about online for the parks forum. All kinds of people come on here and read these stuff we post and i would like to not freak every one out. I am sorry if I sound harsh but it would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to request that everyone stop posting on this topic, as it is people are hearing about it on the news and it not something we need to be gossiping about online for the parks forum. All kinds of people come on here and read these stuff we post and i would like to not freak every one out. I am sorry if I sound harsh but it would greatly appreciate it.

It is park news. Yes the incident was tragic, but I don't think people should stop posting about this topic. If anything, the non KIC members that read this site can and most likely will be informed that the death had nothing to do with the ride and that Firehawk has been cleared to reopen, thus making it fit for guest use.

Perhaps there is some gossip going on here, but I haven't seen any in this topic.

• Like 1

This seems to be happening a lot lately... A ride gets shut down due to an injury or death, and people are getting upset about the discussion thereafter. However in SOB's case, the threads were all closed because people were doing exactly what you're talking about, Firehawk Fanatic. They were saying it was unsafe, calling for it to be burned down, etc.

However this thread is straight to the point. No one is saying Firehawk is unsafe. On the contrary, people are talking about how they feel more safe on FH than other rides at the park!

This seems to be happening a lot lately... A ride gets shut down due to an injury or death, and people are getting upset about the discussion thereafter. However in SOB's case, the threads were all closed because people were doing exactly what you're talking about, Firehawk Fanatic. They were saying it was unsafe, calling for it to be burned down, etc.

However this thread is straight to the point. No one is saying Firehawk is unsafe. On the contrary, people are talking about how they feel more safe on FH than other rides at the park!

I did not once say that it is or was unsafe, I know for a fact that it is safe. I just don't think we should really talk about it, as a crew member I would appreciate it, not every one wants to be reminded of it by hearing or reading about it.

I did not once say that it is or was unsafe, I know for a fact that it is safe. I just don't think we should really talk about it, as a crew member I would appreciate it, not every one wants to be reminded of it by hearing or reading about it.

You have the choice to read or not read every topic on here. Let those who want to discuss it do that and if you don't wish to participate, simply don't. I think it is park news and a worthy topic of discussion.

Another interesting thing...

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/articles/2...t/iq_791947.txt

Man who died after Firehawk Ride Said to Have No Prior Health Problems:

MASON - The 38-year-old man who died this weekend following a ride

on the Firehawk at Kings Island did not have prior health problems,

according to family members.

Homer Shields III, of Toledo, was at the park Saturday, Aug. 8, with his

wife Tina, their two sons, Dylan, 9, and Derek, 12, plus three friends,

according to Kris Schaffer, Tina's aunt....