Gay Pride 2009 Info About KI!

Cody

Date: 09/11/2009 - 09/12/2009

Time: 06:00 pm - 12:00 am

Private Party. Closed to the general public.

Regular Kings Island season passes are NOT valid the night of the event. Please note that this event is not intended for children and Nickelodeon Universe will not be open.

----------------------

Pre-event, $40.00

Group rate, greater than 7, $36.00

Gate, $45.00

----------------------

Its that time a year again!!!!!!!! Pride night will be held on a Friday in September(9-11-09)!! I'm excited I wanna see most of you there!! If you have any questions or would like to post about your past events at Pride night please do soo! This will be the first year I'm bringing my family =]

*Note: I post this topic once a year when pride gets close. If you spam or hate or decide to act stupid in your posts I will have the post removed*

Who's planning on going?

Tickets are Now Online!

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopp...p_id=pridenight

That is very, very wise.

Please note that this event is not intended for children and Nickelodeon Universe will not be open.

So is that.

Its been like this for years now. Its been a big turn out every year more and more folks come! Also when I say closed to the general public I mean like closed to people who just don't wanna be around us. If you wanna come to KI that day and enjoy the day of attractions then you can! remember its a hate free zone inside the park! Your season pass will not get you in the park that day. You will have to buy a ticket =]

Also the not intended for children part is because Nick U will be closed. Most kids I know wouldn't even dare ride DT or Vortex. I still see family's bring all their love ones!

That is very, very wise.

Please note that this event is not intended for children and Nickelodeon Universe will not be open.

So is that.

Why is that very, very, wise? :wacko:

I'll answer this. Its very wise cause a couple years back the park held pride day on a "public" day and you would be surprise how much insults and hate went around that day. From there forth its always been held on a private day. This way certain "parties" don't have to come to the park.

That is very, very wise.

So is that.

Why is that very, very, wise? :wacko:

I'll answer this. Its very wise cause a couple years back the park held pride day on a "public" day and you would be surprise how much insults and hate went around that day. From there forth its always been held on a private day. This way certain "parties" don't have to come to the park.

P A T H E T I C

Indeed so are you going to be going this year??

No. I'm not gay

Wow...You don't have to be to join in on this fun! I have straight friends that come!

Oh. Well I had no idea...I've never been to one.

I strongly suggest that you go then! Its a blast! Everyone is soo colorful and hate-free! its all about fun! also Ki is open til 12am talk about a night ride on The Beast!

If I can afford it, I would love to go! I have a friend or two who are planning to go, and might try to get on in a group so tix are only $36! Besides the special live entertainment, there are supposedly no lines to be found in the park. I worked Pride Night '98 and found the guests to simply be very friendly, and with there being not many people there, an even better chance to relate with guests.

no need to research rumor... i just was hoping it did..... and if you dont know off the top of your head no worries

It goes torwards the GLBT Community Center and proceeds from there go to other GLBT causes such as Aids research, HIV/AIDS walk etc

I have been thinking about going this year. I worked Pride Night from 1999 thru 2001, and visited as a guest in 2002. Haven't been back to a Pride Night since 02. So it's time I go back, as the money does go to a good cause. I'm hoping I can get someone to join me. :)

I have been thinking about going this year. I worked Pride Night from 1999 thru 2001, and visited as a guest in 2002. Haven't been back to a Pride Night since 02. So it's time I go back, as the money does go to a good cause. I'm hoping I can get someone to join me. :)

Well at the moment my family is planning on going but I don't know if they'll pull threw hehe. If not I could def meet up with you at the park

I remember back in the day my family went to a Pride day unknowingly (back when it was a full day event). This must have been in the early to mid 90s and we wouldn't have even known if someone didn't tell us. Rumorsmasher is right. What I remember from that day is that it was a normal day at the park, fun for everyone who was there.

I may be going solo that night too, but I'd love to meet up with some fellow KICers! :)

HMM also I would ride both Beast and Diamond Back! at night! you'll have time! I will def hit up some KICers :) night ride on beast =)

The ride ops and the employees are always great and have a smile on their face. I can't wait Just a month and 2 days away =)

As someone who has worked this event a lot in the past I can tell you that this is one of the few special events that the employees look forward to because the guests are extremely nice to the employees. They joke around and have a good time, it's a great night. I also looked forward to it due to the lack of cleaning that needed to be done after the night has concluded. We typically didn't even have to empty the trash cans, and the lines were free of trash laying on the ground...which is more than we could say when some local companies buy out the park.