Dodgems Speed?

Rollercoast19

I worked on the Dodgems several times in my 3 years of working at the park. The supervisor of MSD (monster, scrambler, dodgems) from two years ago (a real fatty) hated how "fast" the cars were going, so he had maintenance turn the speed down. This season I haven't worked on them so I have actually no clue how fast they go, but I know last season they went about 2 mph. No joke.

On one trip I made, I thought I saw maintanance messin with the wire screen they use. Wether cleanin them up or replacing them I don't know. But I never thought a thing about it. Ill have to check them out on next visit.

On a side note. Didja know they can trim a scrambler? Cause just as soon as you get goin on the ones at cp. They bring the ride to a hault.

I don't even ride KI's bumper cars anymore. They depress me with how slow they go.

I agree with Smurfy. The best bumper cars I've ever been on were Holiday World's, though Cedar Point's are pretty good and don't have a 'one way' rule or divider in the middle. Which, is a huge pet peeve of mine. They're BUMPER cars not RACING cars. If I wanted to go one way, I'd ride the go-carts. I'm riding bumper cars. I can't bump someone if they're driving away from me at the same speed. So I always ignore the one-way signs and bump the crap outta everyone. :) Haven't had a ride op say anything to me yet!

Interestingly, Coney's are the only ones I've been able to do complete laps in reverse. Most bumper cars don't allow you to drive backwards that far. I was having way too much fun with reverse laps.

Oh, and if you get stuck, that means you haven't ridden the bumper cars enough. :lol: I LOVE bumper cars, so I have mastered getting out of a traffic jam. And driving in reverse, apparently!

I worked on the Dodgems several times in my 3 years of working at the park. The supervisor of MSD (monster, scrambler, dodgems) from two years ago (a real fatty) hated how "fast" the cars were going, so he had maintenance turn the speed down. This season I haven't worked on them so I have actually no clue how fast they go, but I know last season they went about 2 mph. No joke.

Hate to tell you but ride supervisors really have no say on those types of ride issues. They can make recommendations to their managers, but it is not their decision to make or give to maintenance.

So yesterday I went down to Riverbend to see the Nickelback concert :). We parked in the Coney Island lot, so we had to walk past a couple rides. Then, we decided to go in the main entrance to Riverbend, which is by another parking lot. On the way we go to see their bumper cars. They do go faster than Kings Island's, and they looked like fun. Anyways, I wish KI's went faster.

Hate to tell you but ride supervisors really have no say on those types of ride issues. They can make recommendations to their managers, but it is not their decision to make or give to maintenance.

my fault. it was just one of those stupid rumors. i swear, working at that park is just like high school.