So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

Well it was this time last year that Diamondback construction had already started. Unfortunately I have not been to the park to ride DB :( (That will be in Oct). I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any dirt being moved around at the park? Anything being stirred up, or speculation for 2010?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on FD at CGA, back when it was still Top Gun. It was a pretty good invert, but nowhere near the likes of Raptor or Alpengeist. Nonetheless still a pretty fun ride.

I don't expect very much next season.. A lot of rumors have been flying about removing rides (The Crypt, Flight Deck, SoB obviously). I personally don't think it'll happen, but I've been wrong before. I would, however, love to see a big flat added to the park (looking at you, Skyhawk!).

Screamin' Swings are FAR better than Giant Frisbees, IMO. The lapbars really do contribute to the ride. They provide good amounts of airtime. I think it would fit better in X-Base than Coney Mall though.

Although, I don't think running costs for Screamin' Swings are too cheap...

When you think about it, Action Theater has had Spongebob for almost half of its life. They could also add some theming- a few crates spraypainted bright colors with "Krabby Patties", "Pickles", etc. written on them. That wouldn't take too much out of the theming budget, would it?

Cedar Fair has the park for sale. They have only a leasehold. It is of course their contention that the park cannot operate with the stadium competing for parking. Cedar Fair has made quite clear it is not happy with the proposed arrangement, and, presumably would go away with the payment of the right amount of nickels....

Honestly the one thing I would LOVE to see happen is a re-theming of 1/2 of Action Zone. IF sob gets taken down eventually I think a really nice expansion down that way would be awesome. Open up the area more so the q-line to Flight Deck is not a hike and maybe add a flat or 2 to that area. And of course my dream would always be to re-theme FD and maybe replace the trains with inverted trains (it has been done before).

When you think about it, Action Theater has had Spongebob for almost half of its life. They could also add some theming- a few crates spraypainted bright colors with "Krabby Patties", "Pickles", etc. written on them. That wouldn't take too much out of the theming budget, would it?

What theming budget? ;)

Honestly the one thing I would LOVE to see happen is a re-theming of 1/2 of Action Zone. IF sob gets taken down eventually I think a really nice expansion down that way would be awesome. Open up the area more so the q-line to Flight Deck is not a hike and maybe add a flat or 2 to that area. And of course my dream would always be to re-theme FD and maybe replace the trains with inverted trains (it has been done before).

Actual inverted (rigidly connected to the track, see Invertigo), or floorless suspended (like the ones wee have now, just floorless and from Vekoma)? The latter was done at Chessington World of Adventures on Vampire. Not sure if it has been done on anything else.