So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as of now Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, and CGA are all replacing nick and HB with Planet Snoopy, im guessing.....KD and KI are next :unsure:

EDIT: Nevermind, KD is also getting Planet Snoopy, KI is all that is left to be confirmed.

Has Cedar Point always been Peanuts themed?

No. I forget what it was before that, but I read that earlier.

Berenstain Bears. ;)

I tried looking on KI's website for PS, but no luck.

I miss the Bears...they were what I grew up with :b

i love your footer, snoopy is awsome!! did charlie ever get to see the great pumkin ? :P maybe this year?

Its Official!! Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010

I cant Get the Link to work so just scroll down on this link and click under Planet Snoopy

EDIT http://screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

It Mentions 4 Coasters in Planet Snoopy (Nick-U) and I can only Think of 3 - Fairly Odd Coaster, Runaway Reptar, and Little Bills Giggle....

So are They building a new Kids coaster or do they consider Avatar a Coster?!? Rcdb does not consider Avatar a coaster and it never has been before! so does anyone know??

The park has always considered Avatar: The Last Airbender a coaster, except occasionally when it has not. And since when does mention of an item on Screamscape make it official? Answer: It doesn't. The item is even labeled "Speculation." Sigh.

From Kings Island's OFFICIAL website:

The world's most popular beagle, Snoopy, will have a new home at Kings Island, beginning in 2010.

Planet Snoopy will be located in Kings Island's "Best Kids' Area in the World" section (Amusement Today Golden Ticket award 2001 through 2008) and will boast an elaborate collection of Peanuts-themed rides and attractions for every age, including more kids' roller coasters (four) than any other park in the world. Planet Snoopy will also feature a live stage show and daily meet and greet opportunities with the Peanuts characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus.

Fall 2009 marks the kick off to the 60th anniversary of Peanuts. Since its inception on October 2, 1950, Peanuts now appears in over 2,200 newpapers, on iTunes, through wireless and online channels, in 75 countries, and in 25 languages around the world. Peanuts animated television specials, including "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charle Brown," won or were nominated for Emmy Awards.

"Peanuts are an international icon," Kings Island's vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Snoopy and his pals like Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus are instantly recognizable among children and adults alike. We look forward to the Peanuts Gang becoming part of the world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment for our guests."

Planet Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

SIGH.

now what do you think ???

Planet Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

SDHC safe?

I'd say...sadly no. But, this could be return of Phantom Theater. From what I heard, they still had all the stuff. Or a new ride will get put in there.

Also, Spongebob will be leaving Action Theatre. So there will be a new movie for 2010 in there.

now what do you think ???

SDHC safe?

I'd say...sadly no. But, this could be return of Haunted Theater. From what I heard, they still had all the stuff. Or a new ride will get put in there.

Also, Spongebob will be leaving Action Theatre. So there will be a new movie for 2010 in there.

that would be awsome "the return of Phantom Theater"

I grew up with Snoopy and the gang, so this isn't bad news to me anyway. as for spongebob leaving the theatre, his time had come..the film was looking pretty ragged the last time I was there a few wks ago..i wish they would put in a 4-d movie like muppet vision or alien encounter. Heck, the Cincy zoo's 4-d movie was better than spongebob!! :o

just because they take out a movie doesn't mean a new one is going to be played next year, Kings Island could just go with the original plan for this season, next season, and it just set and gather dust.

although i must say i would love to have smash factory back.