So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commercials would be a real problem. If they played a radio station, I'd be sure to advertise on it were I Kentucky Kingdom or Holiday World, just as the parks like to advertise on billboards outside other parks. HW has a big billboard right outside Kentucky Kingdom. In days of old, Cedar Point used to advertise on I-71 close to Kings Island. They no longer do, as far as I know.

Then, there'd be McDonald's, Arby's, Subway ads for $5 subs...the list is endless....

[...]And while it's really not something that Cedar Fair can directly control, the employees of Boomerang Bay should act more like those at The Beach. I took my first trip to The Beach on it's opening day this year, and while I think it may have had something to do with the lack of patrons in the park that day (Stalkerchick and myself were two out of maybe twenty total guests) the employees seemed very friendly and interested in making sure that our time at the park was particularly enjoyable. Whereas at Boomerang Bay, in my experience, guests are treated as though they are nothing more than an annoyance to the employees, and this has not been a single incident with a single employee. During all my visits to Boomerang Bay this year, I have YET to run across a friendly employee.

/End rant.

Yeah, the lifeguards at the Bay have a knack for being less than homely, whether it be towards a guest or an employee from a different department. :mellow: I know that their job is guarding the lives of those in the water park, but their attitude from it reminds me exactly of the typical high school prep - stuck-up and self-indulgent. In the six years that the water park has been redesigned as Boomerang Bay, I have been over there as a guest maybe about ONCE. :angry:

Switch it to the reggae station or "Margaritaville", that would be a helluva lot better.

This coming from the kid who only knew four of the songs in the FLASHBACK: Totally 80's show :D

Just messin' with ya, Jackson ;) I don't know how i'd feel about constant reggae being played in the park, but i'm definitely up for a change in the music that is played. I, for one, am tired of hearing songs by The Fray played throughout the park. Their music isn't bad, but it's just not what I would consider "appropriate" music for an amusement park.

^

If we are going to continue to talk about music in parks, I think the best around is IOA and how the music and sounds blend from section to another and completely changes the atmoshpere. I hope this continues with Harry Potter, Im sure it will. Guess this means I will have to buy the updated CD when it comes out. The music at IOA adds to the journey, unfortunately the music at KI does nothing.

^ Yeah totally the concrete hurts my feet cuz it's hot..other than that I hope Cear Fair does Planet Snoopy right and I hoping Cedar Fair will give us a dark up to par with Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle,Smurfs Enchanted Voyage & Phantom Theater,Enchanted voyage..a lot of dark rides have been in that building and I'm kinda scared that when they close scooby-doo and the Haunted Castle that will be it. :(

Lol nice joke. I think they should not make the log flume into a Snoopy one. How can they do that? It doesn't make sense. Go back to the Kings Mills Log Flume (is that what it was called?)

Im pretty sure ill look it up

Edit:Yea its kings mills log flume

i thought the kings mill flume was the one they torn down for the crypt, am i wrong? terpy?

I am not terpy, buuut i found the answer from KIC timeline

2001:

Nickelodeon Central is added as a new theme area, replacing the upper part of Hanna-Barbera Land and the lower part of Rivertown. King's Mill Log Flume, renovated and renamed as The Wild Thornberry's,

Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal was the other flume ride.

I am not terpy, buuut i found the answer from KIC timeline

2001:

Nickelodeon Central is added as a new theme area, replacing the upper part of Hanna-Barbera Land and the lower part of Rivertown. King's Mill Log Flume, renovated and renamed as The Wild Thornberry's,

Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal was the other flume ride.

ahhhh.......ok thanks for that :)

If they're really strapped for cash they may just drop the Wild Thornberrys name from the log ride but keep it as the River Adventure. All they would need to do would be to remove the human characters, the transforming RV, the explorer's spiel and music, and Darwin (the chimpanzee) in the crate. Everything else can virtually stay. Of course, they can just put a fiberglass Snoopy on top of the elephant and then name it Snoopy's River Adventure.

I think that along with PS, KI should fix ALL the rides' theming! Such as the Crypt, AE, and how about a Racer repaint to the red white and blue? They said they wanted the original, might as well go all the way! :P

Yes....it would be great to see that...too bad were talking about Cedar Fair. The people who see excelent theming as a plague to their wallets :lol:

I wonder if Planet Snoopy will be as popular as NU? It's gotten that Best award in the past, and I think that had to do with the theme. Kids can readily identify Spongebob and Dora the Explorer, but I foresee lots of parents explaining who 'Linus' is while in line next year....

I had to make sure my own kids knew who the Peanuts were by attacking them with my own collection of holiday classics and comic strip books. Not sure that all of today's kids know that much about Snoopy outside of MetLife commercials.

Does this theme connect with kids well at Cedar Point? It must be if they are doing it down here, yeah, but I wonder if it will be as big a hit when it is coming in to replace heavy hitters like Scooby Doo.

I loves me some Snoopy, but Scooby Doo is a formidable opponent.