So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

Mentioned earlier on page 8, I think that the music heard in Boomerang Bay in 2009 was a vast improvement compared to some years past. When the water park got its 'down under' retheme, it had one of the shortest audio loops around. I'm all for the same stuff as last year coming back next. I could pass on the kitschy summer/beach music.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from my cousin that worked the park this summer that Son of Beast was coming down. Someone got really hurt, whiplash or something. After they took out the loop it became EXTREMELY jerky :angry: . It once was my favorite ride and now its so painful to ride that I pretty much hate it and I love love love :wub: roller coasters! I know that some Snoopy/Peanuts land is coming in 2010 and replacing basically the whole kids area, Nickoldeon and such. That's on KI's main website near buying season passes info. Diamondback is so AWESOME. It's the smoothest, most exhilerating, thrilling ride in the park :D . I hope you get a chance to ride it!!!! Sit on the left side for the best ride!

At Kings Island? In a word, no. It would forever have a line longer than reasonable people would want to wait in. Far better to get a full sized, not upcharged, model.

But would CF be willing to spend the money?

I would prefer to have the upcharge model for a few years, then raise enough money for a full-sized model.

I heard from my cousin that worked the park this summer that Son of Beast was coming down. Someone got really hurt, whiplash or something. After they took out the loop it became EXTREMELY jerky :angry: . It once was my favorite ride and now its so painful to ride that I pretty much hate it and I love love love :wub: roller coasters! I know that some Snoopy/Peanuts land is coming in 2010 and replacing basically the whole kids area, Nickoldeon and such. That's on KI's main website near buying season passes info. Diamondback is so AWESOME. It's the smoothest, most exhilerating, thrilling ride in the park :D . I hope you get a chance to ride it!!!! Sit on the left side for the best ride!

Uhhhhhh this topic is for SoB not the camp snoopy coming or Diamondback. Please try and stay on task. Thank you

Wools wrong topic srry

If they do put in new restrooms, I sure hope they do NOT use those ridiculous Dyson hand driers. They don't get your hands dry, aren't sanitary, are slow and can't easily be used to dry one's hair after you have washed bird poop out of it, if at all...

So I'm not the only one who's had that... experience... at a Cedar Fair park?

• 2 weeks later...

Cedar Fair's 3rd quarter conference call was this week, and here is a portion of the conference call transcripts. Mr. Kinzel said:

"We will also be upgrading and rebuilding the children’s areas at five of our parks, while three other parks will be introducing a night time light show on display that proved very popular with guests at Cedar Point this past year. We have found that attractions like this are not capital intensive but resonate well with our guests bringing a new layer of entertainment to our parks.

In 2010, we will also be investing an upgrade to our accommodations and general park appearance. I believe we have an excellent overall entertainment package lined up for our parks for the 2010 season. Fundamentals of our business have not changed. Our parks are a family tradition and we believe they will continue to be for many generations to come."

The entire transcript can be found at the following link:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/170967-ced...call-transcript

I think for 2010 we need.....

Better enforcement of the smoking policy!! When I went yesterday I saw so many smokers smoking outside of their zone and some even, while smoking, walked right by an employee and the employee didn't say anything.

If you have heard of the e ciggarets, the one who use vater vapor, they are allowed to smoke those everywhere. They are hard to spot.

I think for 2010 we need.....

Better enforcement of the smoking policy!! When I went yesterday I saw so many smokers smoking outside of their zone and some even, while smoking, walked right by an employee and the employee didn't say anything.

If you have heard of the e ciggarets, the one who use vater vapor, they are allowed to smoke those everywhere. They are hard to spot.

I think it would be a far-cry to say that all, or even some, of the people smoking outside the designated smoking areas are smoking E-Cigarettes. :rolleyes: That is one thing I would love to see, an increase in the smoking policy enforcement. However, when the workers who actually walk around the parks are teenagers and older folks, you don't really expect them to approach the mean looking teenagers who are smoking all over the place.

It's their job, yes, but it's a little bit difficult to enforce when the employees walking the streets aren't exactly big, frightening enforcers. They're just kids. Most of the a-holes who smoke anywhere they please would respond to their "Please smoke in a designated area" with "What are you gonna do about it?", or they'd throw the cigarette on the ground, walk around the corner and light up again.

Considering that in recent releases from CF they stated that they tried to cancel both of the Intimidator coasters and where only able to delay Shoot the Rapids. I do not see anything other then a revamp of Nick for the next several years. Also expect staffing to be cut significantly next year as CF will be trying to keep up with their dept load.