So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that in recent releases from CF they stated that they tried to cancel both of the Intimidator coasters and where only able to delay Shoot the Rapids...

Wow! Are you serious? They tried to totally cancel both Intimidator coasters? That's something I hadn't heard yet...

Edit: Just read it in the 3Q Earnings Thread.

They HAD to revamp the areas or pay even more to keep Nick. The license was up. And when a company like Cedar Fair is busy trying to cancel new coasters, they would NOT be redoing award winning kids' areas at the former Paramount Parks unless they HAD to. There was no real choice. And they can do the new theme for relative peanuts.

They HAD to revamp the areas or pay even more to keep Nick. The license was up. And when a company like Cedar Fair is busy trying to cancel new coasters, they would NOT be redoing award winning kids' areas at the former Paramount Parks unless they HAD to. There was no real choice. And they can do the new theme for relative peanuts.

nice !!! pun

It's not as if they had a real choice. To renew Nick would have cost more than to revamp the areas. Were that not true, Cedar Fair is a very unwise steward of its unitholders' interests...

I am well aware of that. I just wish the light's show could come to KI. Lance at Screamscape seems to think KI may still be one of the three parks, even though the conference call says three other parks. I hope Lance's 'source' is right :)

If say one of the said three parks happened to be ki and said lightshow just happened to be placed in tower gardens, i think that it would be awesome for said lightshow to have an international theme since it would be on international street.

• 1 month later...

I did notice either yesterday or the day before while looking at the webcam that there were cones and such lined up on the edge of the screen on the Snake Pit/DB trading post angle, around the border of Nick U/PS and Rivertown.

Maybe wet paint to cover up the slime on the fence? (random speculation) its not much, but its a sign of some kind of activityph34r.gif

• 1 month later...