Camden Park Slowly Gearing Down From Summer Season

...Home to The Big Dipper, the log flume and tons of kiddie rides and bumper cars, Camden Park will be open only on Saturdays and Sundays for the next two weekends (Aug. 22-23, 29-30) as area schools are back in session. The family-fun, family-fun park then cranks it back up for a three-day Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 5-7.

The park is then just open Saturdays in September 12,19 and 26.

The Park then opens Fridays and Saturdays in October for its annual Spooktacular, 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, and 30-31.

Go online at www.camdenpark.com.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs...e-summer-season

A side note- Camden Park used to do Pay Per Ride. It was the mid 80's if I recall. You had the option of purchasing tickets or could buy a ride all day pass. I thought it was so neat- you had a green clip with red yarn around your wrist that denoted you had paid the big bucks to ride all day!

I have a great Camden Hawnted House story...

On one of my trips to Camden, I was by myself. Well, I got on the Hawnted House, and the entire side of my car fell off! The ride op came running up, and instead of stopping the ride, he told me to stay seated and then just "popped" the side back on. He then gave me a shove and off I went!

That attraction is normally tame, to say the least, but that ride sure scared me to death! I spent the rest of my trip through the building scared for my safety!

Shaggy