New Statue Behind Effifel Tower

King of Coasters

wink.gif Could the new Statue behind the Effifel tower be a clue to the new attraction for 2004? On www.sreamscape.com they said that it could be for the new B&M Speed Coaster supposetly for next season. If it is not for the new attraction why did they put the new statue up? Can some one help me? blink.gif Edited by King of Coasters

huh.gif How come it looks like a roman man on his thrown?

Your Highness,

If you read carefully, you would've seen that the statue is of Alexander the Great. Though I am proud of my Italian heritage, I must admit that Alexander the Great was a Greek, not a Roman. However, if we are going to get technical, he was actually Macedonian - not Greek. Nevertheless, he was leader of what we today called Greece and led the Greek expansion from Greece to modern India.

And the statue is in fact for the Tomb Raider show.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

Don't kill me if I'm slightly wrong on this, but from the previews and commercials I've seen for the new Tomb Raider movie, it seems like it's centered around the Pandora's Box myth. Since this is Greek, I'm guessing the movie will mostly be centered around the Mediterranean area of the world (goin' out on a limb here, hope Mediterranean is right! wink.gif )

the statue is for the stunt show and like the jeep located at TOMB RAIDER: THE RIDE it is an actual prop. it can be seen very early on in the movie.

Actually it's not an actual prop. It is a replica of the statue used in movies. Unless of course they made a couple of the statues because the other parks such as Carowinds also has the statue. When I get back from the park I should have a picture of the statue.

From my understanding, it's a joint advertisement for TR:TR, the stunt show, and the new movie. Which makes me wonder... how much will they do for the new movie at Tomb Raider the Ride?

EDIT: A similar statue has appeared in Paramount's Kings Dominion.. would this just be a movie ad, or could they be getting a Tomb Raider: The Ride themed to the second movie? Hmm... dry.gif

Edited by OhiocoasteR

I know I may be going off onto a tangent here, but since we're talking about the stunt show, does anyone know which venue the Tomb Raider stunt show will be in?

-Ryan

It will be held at the International Showplace.

From what I have heard from numerous people, it will be in the Action Zone, under the stunt tower.

Theres also a sign for it up next to TR.

My Uncle works at Kings Island and is pretty high in authority. He told me that he heard rumors about Yellow and Grey 230+ feet rollercoaster. If I remember right, he may have said Floorless. I hope this is true, but he said he overheard people talking about it, and not on just 1 occasion.

The Lemon Chill guy told me we are getting a 600 foot tall Top Thrill Dragster that would be l33t!!!!!!!oneoneoneoneoneleven D@7 R0x0Rz!!!!!oneoneeleveln.

OMG he told me that too! But he said that it would have a bunch of hills and a twisty section. This ride is going too be awesome. He also told me that we were going to get a 300 foot tall log flume. He said it will go in Waterworks so it has to be true since it's rumored to expanded next year. This is so cool!

Well the Salt Water Taffy guy told me that he doesn't like the park and going to sabatoge the rides by sticking wads of Salt Water Taffy on anything new the park builds. I can't really believe him though, he only sells Salt Water Taffy, come on, we aren't near a Beach or anything.

Just to let everybody know, the location for the TR stunt show has been confirmed. Here is a message I received from Guest Relations at the park.

Dear Mr. Wagner:

Thank you for writing. The Tomb Raider Stunt show will be held in

International Showplace at the end of International Street.

Taryn Weber

Operations Manager, Guest Relations

Paramount's Kings Island

taryn.weber@paramountparks.com

Edited by mars1825

Previous posts have said that Vibe will be moved to the bandstand stage during the Stunt Show. I'm sure that the stunt show will require a lot of props and such, so I'm guessing that Vibe will need to move before July 15th so that they can start setting up the stunt show stage. I noticed that the current park brochures (which list the days and times of the shows) are only good through July 5. I'm guessing that today (July 5th) may be the last day Vibe is in the International Showplace. Does anyone know anything about Vibe?