Where is The Crypt?

It's worth noting that neither Crypt... nor TR:TR have ever had high overall guest ratings.

The complaints from the beginning were:

Too short, didn't like going upside down for so long.

The complaints now seem to be:

Too short, didn't like not going upside down.

Really? Cause the complaints I heard when it was TR: TR came particularly from men, if you understand.

Hence my stating "didn't like going upside down for so long." Sometimes it's best to avoid stating the obvious.

....the complaints I heard when it was TR: TR came particularly from men, if you understand.

Let me guess...they complained they did not have a ball on the ride?

:lol: :lol:

I'm in stitches right now!

I've been (un)lucky to have enough of a belly to prevent me from that fate. Although, I've lost weight lately and have began to understand what everyone has been complaining about.

Thank you everyone who took the time to read this and post their reply's.

In my opinion, KI should cut their losses, remove it, and put that space to a better use. It's done, pack it in, we had a good run. You know, all the clichès.

iChase, I couldn't agree more. When I first read your post I thought "it's not that bad, maybe removing it is kind of harsh?" However, after coming across this website and seeing what the ride used to be, I'm inclined to agree. Experiencing a ride like The Crypt really makes me question the methods of Cedar Fair and shows just how "cheap" the company can be. I believe in the saying "If you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all." Why waste your guest's time with a ride like "The Crypt" when they could be out in the park elsewhere spending "nickels?"

The website I'm referring to: http://www.technifex.com/pages/projects/projects_tomb.html

Cedar Fair has done a lot of nice things for Kings Island, especially with the emphasis on landscaping and cleanliness. But seeing things like The Crypt, their fireworks policy at "The Beast," and boarded up food stands in Coney Mall remind me that for every step forward they seem to take two steps back towards the Six Flags of the 1990's.

Thank you everyone who took the time to read this and post their reply's.

In my opinion, KI should cut their losses, remove it, and put that space to a better use. It's done, pack it in, we had a good run. You know, all the clichès.

iChase, I couldn't agree more. When I first read your post I thought "it's not that bad, maybe removing it is kind of harsh?" However, after coming across this website and seeing what the ride used to be, I'm inclined to agree. Experiencing a ride like The Crypt really makes me question the methods of Cedar Fair and shows just how "cheap" the company can be. I believe in the saying "If you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all." Why waste your guest's time with a ride like "The Crypt" when they could be out in the park elsewhere spending "nickels?"

The website I'm referring to: http://www.technifex.com/pages/projects/projects_tomb.html

Cedar Fair has done a lot of nice things for Kings Island, especially with the emphasis on landscaping and cleanliness. But seeing things like The Crypt, their fireworks policy at "The Beast," and boarded up food stands in Coney Mall remind me that for every step forward they seem to take two steps back towards the Six Flags of the 1990's.

Weren't those boarded up food stands shuttered under Paramount? I think the park is definitely heading in the right direction. I would look for them to continue to make their way around the park, sprucing up what needs done (like with Rivertown this year). The removal of the old Cinema360 and work in the old Flight Commander queue made me think Coney was next, but they might have a massive kids area to retheme, and a Son of a Beast to tear down, so we'll see.

About TR:TR / Crypt, I would like to know what would have happened to the ride under Paramount. They were awful at not keeping up effects, so when stuff on TR started to fail, I wonder what would have happened. Same thing with the mechanical problems. I know we rag on The Crypt for its rubber spiders and crappy program, but who knows what would have happened had Paramount sold the park to someone else, or worse, not sold it at all.

Something I wonder...

**NOTE! THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FACT, IT IS AN OPINION!! DO NOT TAKE IT AS FACT!! Thank you.**

Did CF plan on removing TC all along? Imagine the uproar if it had been removed when it was TRTR! Now, many park fans WANT it to be removed! Did CF purposely remove theming, boring-ify the ride, etc., just to make us not mind it leaving?

Also, I noticed that there's a Cabbage Patch Doll on the demonbat's head. Must have been put there by an employee...

Just a clarification. The policy of The Beast closing around 9:45 for fireworks was not CF's decision. It was that way under Paramount and likely has been that way for a long time.

• 1 month later...