Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle

Coney Islander

Guest TombraiderTy
It was called Scooby Zoom I believe. There have been over 6 KI attractions themed with Scooby and the gang through the years. Can you name them all?

1. Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle

2. Scooby's Ghoster Coaster

3. Scooby-Zoom (Now Little Bill's Giggle Coaster)

4. Scooby-Doo (Now Fairly Odd Coaster)

5. Shaggy's Sticks

6. Scrappy's Slide

7. McScrappy's Farm

8. Scooby-Choo (don't know what exactly this one, read brief mention of it in a newspaper article)

Plus there have been various shows through the years about Scooby-Doo, several in the Enchanted Theater. And if we want to get real technical, Gulliver's Rub-a-Dub had some Scooby-Doo characters in it, as did The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the same thing happens to kI, that is going to happen at Canada's Wonderland next year, then we will definently see SDATHC getting a new theme. I am still pondering on how Cedar Fair's retheme of SDATHC at Canada's Wonderland from Scooby to Peanuts will turn out <_<

Why would youj say SDatHC will get a new theme? That contract isn't up next year (I think). So, it could stay for a while longer.

I was referring to the one in Canada's Wonderland, where Planet Snoopy was announced for 2010, and will completely take over Nick Central AND Hannah-Barbera Land, which SDATHC is a part of.

Guest TombraiderTy

^The Scooby-Doo dark-ride at Kings Island, and I'd assume Canada's Wonderland also, is under a separate contract licensed through Sally Rides. This is why our Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle stayed in 2006 even after Hanna-Barbera Land was replaced. It may also be an excuse for the Scooby-Doo dark ride staying at Canada's Wonderland beyond 2010.

^The Scooby-Doo dark-ride at Kings Island, and I'd assume Canada's Wonderland also, is under a separate contract licensed through Sally Rides. This is why our Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle stayed in 2006 even after Hanna-Barbera Land was replaced. It may also be an excuse for the Scooby-Doo dark ride staying at Canada's Wonderland beyond 2010.

I know, im just thinking that the park might not like a scooby themed ride smack in the middle of Planet Snoopy. They might even go ahead and do a retheme to get it out of the way before the Sally Rides contract expires.

I know, im just thinking that the park might not like a scooby themed ride smack in the middle of Planet Snoopy. They might even go ahead and do a retheme to get it out of the way before the Sally Rides contract expires.

Replace the Scoobys with Charlie Browns, and the Shaggys with Lucys and we're all set!

As much as I always praise Cedar Point, I have always complained at there lack of a dark ride, and no I will not count Disaster Transport. As far as the guns, I've always disliked the concept, do we really need to turn Haunted House rides into video games? Probably so, kids are so infatuated with them, I loved Nintendo growing up but nothing like they do now. What I would really love is a haunted house with no guns, and no cartoon character - One that you just feel like you are in a haunted house by yourself not with Scooby and company. The one at Knoebel's is a great model of what a haunted house ride should be.

I think everyone should pray hard that CF doesn't decide to remove "Scooby"... if they do, say goodbye to any dark ride at KI.

CF has a long, bad, and notorious history of removing dark rides left and right from the parks they own/aquire only to replace them with.... nothing....

That they do. Pirate, anyone? What about Dorney? Just to begin. . .

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs

Knott's Berry Tales

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Earthquake...

uh.. Knott's Bear-y Tales was removed before Cedar Fair took over. However they took out Kingdom of the Dinosaurs which is what replaced Bear-y Tales if I remember correctly..

As much as I always praise Cedar Point, I have always complained at there lack of a dark ride, and no I will not count Disaster Transport. As far as the guns, I've always disliked the concept, do we really need to turn Haunted House rides into video games? Probably so, kids are so infatuated with them, I loved Nintendo growing up but nothing like they do now. What I would really love is a haunted house with no guns, and no cartoon character - One that you just feel like you are in a haunted house by yourself not with Scooby and company. The one at Knoebel's is a great model of what a haunted house ride should be.

Or, see the Haunted Mansion at Dl and WDW..it has the story and the theming w/o the need for targets...that's why they created Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin!

The real reason that most parks have added shoot-em-ups to dark rides is to keep the riders occupied and their hands busy so they don't get out of the ride vehicle while the ride is in motion or engage in ... uh... untoward behavior on what is supposed to be a family attraction...

I must be getting too old.

I would not even consider "untoward behavior". Shoot, I'm just taking a guess at what it means.

I ride SDaHC for 2 reasons. My kid loves it, and I get to sit sit quietly and soak up some much needed air conditioning.

We always save that, and Flight of Fear for the hottest part of the day!

I had a great idea during Biology class in retheming Scooby Doo, but using the same people mover system.

How about a new dark ride, The Phantom Household. Themed to touring a very colorful house, home to a comical family of ghost.

Here are some ideas for the theming-

1. A curved hallway that makes you feel like you are leaning.

2. An upside down kitchen room with falling pots and a falling refrigerator.

3. Crazy, tilting mirrors.

4. Nursery room with floating toys.

5. Bathroom with a singing shower ghost.

6. Garden room with strange plants.

7. Art gallery, similar to the one that was in phantom theater.

8. Dining room with “talking” food.

9. Self- playing piano, with spinning music sheets.

10. Final room with falling ceiling panels, walls tilting back and forth, and fog, making it seem that the house is falling apart.

Comments would be appreciated. ;)

I randomly pictured a ride-through KI museum. Retheme the facade of the building to that of a museum, then have the same ride system go through rooms with various KI props and things from around the years. Each scene could be dedicated to a certain coaster or era in KI history.

I randomly pictured a ride-through KI museum. Retheme the facade of the building to that of a museum, then have the same ride system go through rooms with various KI props and things from around the years. Each scene could be dedicated to a certain coaster or era in KI history.

what about the licensing for the hanna-barrbera section, or paramount days.

Also, what about the fact that this is the Kids area? Would that be very fun for most of the kiddies?