Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle

Coney Islander

gosh darn it bring back the darn boats, i could care less what the theme is. for all i care it could be the trash collected from the park, just bring back the boats....lmao

If the rumors are true, next year we could be suiting up for Bonfire: The Ride. ;)

nah i doubt that .....i think we should be positive here........i think that we will see alot of changes in that area next year. good ones.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not always thus. There are those who suspect the attraction 'moved' to International Street so a certain doggy would not interfere with exclusive rights for Nick Universe. Other doggies might have similar issues sharing space with Scooby, or not...if such a thing were ever contemplated.

SDaTHC is on a separate licensing agreement than Nick. CF is replacing Nick with Snoopy to save money. There is no cost saving on retheming SDaTHC or putting in a new ride in it's place. I will place any amount of money that SDaTHC will be untouched and operate normally.

That may have been a mistake..hence why they pulled it... Scooby is still highly popular with kids and adults these days Scoob has a new movie coming out a new video game and brand new series coming to cartoon network next year.I also see scooby-doo staying Cedar Fair would be stupid to take scooby away.

But, if the Scooby contract will be up in the next couple years, would it save CF money for them to just have the people retheme it too? It would be cheaper for them to add it to the list now (possibly) of rethemes, rather than have a company come back in two years in order to retheme one single ride.

The Sally contract likely gives them the rights to use Scooby's name on the ride, but doesn't require it. It is possible that the contract they are expected to have with the Peanuts gang also requires Scooby to be changed as well.

No data, just speculating.

I seem to remember them pulling early info on the site before, well it may have been CP, they were working on the update before the official announcement and just wanted to see how well it was working and then they pulled it, only to appear when the announcement was made, Oh yes now I remember it was for Planet Snoopy, before the official announcement, they uploaded the announcement for a test run, then quickly pulled it, but not before someone captured it and sent it to Screamscape, a couple weeks later it was back up.

Well I guess we can say by to our beloved Mystery Inc. Thank you for several great years of memories, you have really made KI's Kid's Area what it is today. Thank you Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby. You will be greatly missed!