Ops Mic Entertainment

horsehomer1

After reading the discussion about favorite crews, I will say that I really think they all do a pretty good job. I'm curious about who you think is fun, or even looks like they are having fun on the rides that have microphones.....DB, Beast, etc...who is your favorite op on the mic? If you don't know there name, you can describe them, as we have been there enough to know what they all look like...I'm curious about your opinions! Thanks!

one time on a saturday in july, this year there was a guy working on Adventure Express. he was just saying the normal spiels and whatnot, but as we were waiting to load, ride op - guess whats better than a ride on Adventure Express? people in line - what... ride op - 14 hour work days!

LOL well theres this one guy at Beast ;) and he's always entertaining and leaves me and Kat cracking up with his wit and wisdom. and the entire time we're in the station, I don't hear him repeat anything! His ghost train spiels are the best ;)

I know who you're talking about and I agree with everything you say :D He is definitely my pick for the most entertaining ride op of the '09 season.

and how could I forget last night... Gabe at DB TOTALLY ROCKS! :D lol he dealt with us bickering and trying to get everyone on the same train and did it all with a smile on his face (and the occasional shake of the head wondering to himself why he associates with us crazy a$$es lol) So i need to give MAJOR props to him for being so accompanying. and even hooking us up with the single rider we wanted in our group :P

LOL well theres this one guy at Beast ;) and he's always entertaining and leaves me and Kat cracking up with his wit and wisdom. and the entire time we're in the station, I don't hear him repeat anything! His ghost train spiels are the best ;)

I know who you're talking about and I agree with everything you say :D He is definitely my pick for the most entertaining ride op of the '09 season.

Haha! My favorite Beast ride op. ;) He had me cracking up a LOT today.

Haha! My favorite Beast ride op. ;) He had me cracking up a LOT today.

The Beast crew rocks! ;)

Huh. I wonder what makes you say that? :lol:

Anyways, there was one lady working at The Beast yesterday at around 3-3:30. She has blond hair (I think). She was really nice and was talking in the mic. She was asking people how their ride was, and people were being un-enthusiastic. So, she tried to get them to be more 'cheer'-ful, and sometimes they would. Oh well. At least she was trying really, REALLY hard to get people to cheer. Also, eventually people started screaming more. She also said people must've not had and sugar and then asked if people had had some of the blue ice cream. Only a couple people raised their hand, so she told people that they needed to go get some of the ice cream in Nick Universe so they'd have more energy. I'm not sure of her name though. I'm sure Nick (dare-to-fly) could help me with her name as he was working at the same time yesterday.

and how could I forget last night... Gabe at DB TOTALLY ROCKS! :D lol he dealt with us bickering and trying to get everyone on the same train and did it all with a smile on his face (and the occasional shake of the head wondering to himself why he associates with us crazy a$es lol) So i need to give MAJOR props to him for being so accompanying. and even hooking us up with the single rider we wanted in our group :P

I think maybe you were going for "Accommodating" here? :P

my fav is this blond guy at beast, super thin kinda short. He is so funny with his "enjoy your ride on The Beast AHHHHH" "Welcome back train 2 how was your ride on the breast AHHHHHHH"

That would be one of the 4 people on the crew named Matt.

Also, eventually people started screaming more. She also said people must've not had and sugar and then asked if people had had some of the blue ice cream. Only a couple people raised their hand, so she told people that they needed to go get some of the ice cream in Nick Universe so they'd have more energy. I'm not sure of her name though. I'm sure Nick (dare-to-fly) could help me with her name

That would be Caitlin (one of 2). She is often an advertisement for the park's blue ice cream. :)

I love The Beast crew, it's always fun.

I was there july 31st and there was some guy that was really hyped up and got everyone in the station to do the wave and he was teasing his female coworker, lol. then as I was going down the station ramp after the ride, i heard him singing a nursery rhyme, he just changed the words to include The Beast. i cant remember which song though , lol

he was also doing the "Rawrr": sound, so I did a "rawr!" back to him.

My vote for best ride op goes to the one at Diamondback who called Son of Beast "the world's largest pile of toothpicks" yesterday. He was also telling people to put their seatbelts on before pulling down on the lapbars, which seemed to confuse several people.

My favorite ride op HAS to be Keenan on Diamondback. If he's on the mic (whether it be assigning seats, in the control booth, or the main mic) he WILL make you laugh. I've heard him hum, do Diamondback trivia, and incorporate Diamondback into songs that he sings. He ALWAYS seems to be enjoying his job!

My favorite ride op HAS to be Keenan on Diamondback. If he's on the mic (whether it be assigning seats, in the control booth, or the main mic) he WILL make you laugh. I've heard him hum, do Diamondback trivia, and incorporate Diamondback into songs that he sings. He ALWAYS seems to be enjoying his job!

What does he look like? That's probably the same one I'm talking about.