Favorite sound on Diamondback?

gigacoaster2k

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several sounds I love about Diamondback.

The noise it makes as it pulls out of the station. Easiest to be heard from the line under the lift hill. I call it the 'bongo noise.' I've heard it on other B&Ms but never quite as noticeably.

The clicks from the anti-rollbacks. Just the rhythmic noise of them every so often going up the lift hill is very cool.

The roar. Who doesn't love the roar?

And finally ... SKLOOOOOSH! The sound of the splashdown. :)

ok, now i am confused.

Dude... just let it go... Terpy wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't make someone think ;):lol:

Some day I will doubtlessly be walking through Great Adventure, hear THAT horn and think, "Hmmmm, Diamondback's about to open!"

Good times.

And i would LOVE to witness that.... or at least know when yuo do... for i feel its inevitable

but with that. i love the horn <3 in fact thanks to kat its my text message ringer for KICer's and i also love the roar but only when in a different part of the park from rivertown... it just seems so much more prominent and eerie and amazing :)

I love to hear first time riders.

The anticipation they have going up the lift. the nervous giggles. The blood curdling screams going down the first hill.

Thats what its all about!

not to mention the asian ones that scream profanities in their own language, while riding.

rotag, who has experianced this first hand, and still laughs when he thinks about it.

The anticipation they have going up the lift. the nervous giggles. The blood curdling screams going down the first hill.

not to mention the asian ones that scream profanities in their own language, while riding.

rotag, who has experianced this first hand, and still laughs when he thinks about it.

If they are screaming in their language, how do you know they are profanities?

LOL

They did put new wheels on the trains.

I love the B&M roar. However, I would love it if it roared like Kumba.

If any of you have been on Kumba, you would know. It is louder than Mantis at CP.

I like hearing the safety guidelines in queue. I like the sound of the motor and gears at the bottom of the lift hill, the thumping sound between the station and the lift. The chain dogs clanking into the chain as each car turns upward. The sound when the train glides through the magnetic brakes. The sound on the MCBR when the brakes grab the train, even though it slows us down.

Not from Diamondback, but when the 80's show is going on as we round the turn toward the station.

"Greeter, open single rider line."

"How many? Row 2. How many? Row 3. How many? Row 4....."

i've ridden it a few times(260), but it is our only b&m. What more do you need really?

Even funnier is a riding with a group of them, obviously having a grand time, but listening to them stating in a flat monotone:

* Whee.

* What fun.

* Whee.

Really! :)

They did put new wheels on the trains.

I love the B&M roar. However, I would love it if it roared like Kumba.

If any of you have been on Kumba, you would know. It is louder than Mantis at CP.

I like hearing the safety guidelines in queue. I like the sound of the motor and gears at the bottom of the lift hill, the thumping sound between the station and the lift. The chain dogs clanking into the chain as each car turns upward. The sound when the train glides through the magnetic brakes. The sound on the MCBR when the brakes grab the train, even though it slows us down.

Not from Diamondback, but when the 80's show is going on as we round the turn toward the station.

"Greeter, open single rider line."

"How many? Row 2. How many? Row 3. How many? Row 4....."

i've ridden it a few times(260), but it is our only b&m. What more do you need really?

So there is a louder coaster than Mantis? I've never been BGT, and all the videos on youtube have crappy sound.

yea i have to agree, hearing those blood curdling scream never get old. I sit eating my potatos and saying to my self "wow that girl can SCREAM" only to look up and to find its a GUY. LMAO

Some day I will doubtlessly be walking through Great Adventure, hear THAT horn and think, "Hmmmm, Diamondback's about to open!"

Good times.

... Totally guilty of that one.

I was in the parking lot at Great Adventure and heading to the gate when Ka's horn sounded. I'm not even kidding, I turned around and said "Diamondback?"

For me, my favorite sound is the following: "Station Clear, All Clear, That all clear means your out of here ... " It means I'm about to experience all the other sounds and feelings over the next three minutes that make Diamondback an awesome ride experience.

Other options considered for favorite sounds include:

- "Single Rider - row 1 (or 2 or 16)" so long as I'm the one standing at the front of the SRL

- Agree with the B&M Roar, but for me that is a better sound when watching DB versus riding

I have to agree here. I love it when they announce me to row 16!

I could hear the roar while playing the Grizzly course with my buddy. It freaked him out because he knew I'd make him ride it later that day. Impressive you can hear it across a golf course, parking lot, and highway.

I like the break in all sounds as you float over those hills.

Earlier on in this thread, post #41 to be exact- I stated that the B&M "roar" has been more noticeable on recent trips.

I went out to Kings Island on Friday and there wasn't much of a "roar" that I noticed. Anybody else notice this?

the more ppl on the trains and more weight on the trians seem to impact the roar.