2009 Season Pass Renewal Sale!

Diamondback FOF

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island should re-evaluate this IMO. Full price for a Gold Pass for 2010 is $104.99 and it does not include Haunt.

This season, I paid $99.99 for a Gold Pass and it's got the usual benefits PLUS Haunt. They should lower the price on the pass then.

i dont really feel like they should lower the prices of the passes just because haunt is not included. It is a seperate part of the season, with the only difference in Kings Island and say another haunted house is that most of the coasters are open to offset the lines... also id rather go once and be able to actually go through everything, than for it to be free and have to wait in quite long lines and visit multiple times just to get in everything. the fact that you only would go once or maybe even not at all if it isnt your thing is the point...

Kings Island should re-evaluate this IMO. Full price for a Gold Pass for 2010 is $104.99 and it does not include Haunt.

This season, I paid $99.99 for a Gold Pass and it's got the usual benefits PLUS Haunt. They should lower the price on the pass then.

I agree that this is a questionable move that could turn off many customers in a tough economic environment and would like to see it re-evaluated, but also understand that Haunt is a highly popular attraction that would likely make good money for the park as a separate price entry.

Also, recognize that they are quoting the "Buy Later Summer Pricing" as $104.99. It is quite possible that like has happened previously, KI Gold Pass pricing will be $69.99 for renewals now and then work work its way up through the off-season/start of Summer. I know it was $84.99 for renewals at one point last year ($5 off the list $89.99) around this time, then climbed to $99.99 for a while. Not sure if it got to $104.99 or not.

i dont really feel like they should lower the prices of the passes just because haunt is not included. It is a seperate part of the season, with the only difference in Kings Island and say another haunted house is that most of the coasters are open to offset the lines

If my 2010 Platinum pass does not provide me access to 1.5 months of Kings Island's (or any other Cedar Point parks') operating season, the cost of the pass should be reduced proportionately. The "haunts" appeal to a narrow demographic of guests to the park and only a fraction of the rides are actually open. During these times of reduced operation, I should not be expected to pay again for access during public operating times.

you are not being denied access to 1.5 months of the park being open. in fact, its more like 1.15 months or something if you want to get technical, but my point is it is open from 10-6 on saturdays and sundays if you would want to ride the rides. the haunt attractions are completely separate from the rides, imo. and all the major attractions are normally open on haunt nights, but then again that is really just a side bonus and to keep the lines down...

yes, i dont know if you were saying that because i maybe inadvertantly implied that, or what but yeah i highly doubt they would allow you too, as that would require a wristband and would make things way too complicated, just like making everyone exit and reenter would have been complicated.

but then again that is really just a side bonus and to keep the lines down...

I highly doubt that the people making this decision really care about keeping lines down as much as making extra $$$ off the event. I wonder if it will prove more profitable to get less people into the park but for a price, or to have the park crazy full during those times with more people buying food, drinks, souveniers and glow sticks.

Assuming, of course, that that full park of people during Haunt actually IS buying food, drinks, souvenirs and glow sticks. I submit that one reason for the no re-entry rule during Haunt is because not enough people would otherwise buy food and drinks.

You are right, much of it is about nickels....

Yeah, I don't know how many people do, but I know I've surprised myself this season with how much I've spent on the side on my visits with my fiancee and friends. I went into the season thinking we were going to go in and ride and leave to eat and come back and only drink water in the park. But I think just about every visit I've had this year we've gotten food or played games or have done something that costs extra. I'm a sucker for the games though, so I'm sure I'll be playing them in October when I visit a few times with my pass. Not sure that I would do the same if I had to swallow an extra fee to get in as well. But that's just me.

All I've got to say is this: They've said before that season passes would not get you into Haunt, and it was changed. Now they're saying again that season passes will not get you into Haunt. That may change again. There's no use arguing about it now. Haunt 2010 is a long way off, so we'll just have to wait and see. Just like they said they were going to close the park for an hour at 6:00, have everyone exit and re-enter for Haunt at 7:00. But now they say that's been changed.

Personally, I like that Haunt admission is included with the season pass but can understand the gripes about long lines. As long as you can use your season pass for Haunt, just try to attend on one of the first few Haunt weekends. Crowds tend to be less earlier in the Haunt season.

Gator, just sayin'...

I don't know how much the lines will be reduced by not including Haunt with the season pass. I guess we would need to know what the percentage of season pass holders are at the park on any given Haunt night compared to people that purchased tickets, to get an idea. Which I don't know, but I'm sure that someone does.

If it is a good percentage, I could definately see them not including it to gain some extra profit before the season ends.

i am guessing that a huge percentage of the people are just people who want to get there moneys worth from buying a ticket, or using their season pass. my evidence would have to be saturdays. they are so much more crowded than say friday night simply because you dont have a whole bunch of people staying around just because it is free to do so. there is the saturday just being crowded factor, but id gather it wouldnt nearly offset the amount of lines that it gathers... and yes, going early on in the season, along with really cold weather tend to be factors in how busy a given haunt day is..

i am guessing that a huge percentage of the people are just people who want to get there moneys worth from buying a ticket, or using their season pass. my evidence would have to be saturdays. they are so much more crowded than say friday night simply because you dont have a whole bunch of people staying around just because it is free to do so.

I don't know, I also think on Fridays that people are relaxing from working or going to school earlier in the day. There are also Friday night football games at that time of the year which would take a lot of parents and kids out of going.

I remember when Haunt was a paying attraction, and the lines were horrible then. I still waited an hour for some of the haunts, specially when they had the Mummy one back in the kids area, I believe you entered in the doors of the building by Little Bills. I remember waiting in line with friends for about an hour. I remember waiting for an hour for the maze that was through the field back by Flight of Fear and Firehawk. I remember waiting in line for about an hour for the haunted house in the building under or close to The Racer in the same area as Flight of Fear and Firehawk. I remember waiting forever in line to go through the clown haunted house when it was in Festhause.

I can only remember the line for one ride, and that was Drop Zone, and we got on it right at open, and was like 15-20 mins. After that ride longs became long...

I believe the costs were like $25 regular admission and season pass admission being about $18. You could also get discount coupons at like Wendy's and Speedway. I know this was a while ago, because the last time I went to haunt was in 2003.

As for this year, I thought Haunt was only included in gold and platinum passes, not the regular season pass.

Just an FYI. While checking on hours for our trip to Carowinds next weekend, I noticed that their 2010 Gold & Platinum passes do include their Haunts http://www.carowinds.com/special/passinfo/sp_benefits.cfm

This is not to say that KI will follow the same policy, but I would be surprised if they didn't include them for Gold & Platinum.

Their regular 2010 Platinum pass is $150 with a special of $145 right now. If KI doesn't announce something soon I may just get a Carowinds PP for 2010.

Same thing goes for KD http://www.kingsdominion.com/shop/shopping_season_pass.cfm