2009 Season Pass Renewal Sale!

Diamondback FOF

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called and asked if the free parking included on the gold pass would get me in to park for HH. Tha girl I spoke to

couldn`t give me an answer. That $10 savings might get me to go more times next October but I seriously doubt the

lines will be any smaller. I love that time of year and like to visit often. But If I have to pay extra to stand in line for 2 or 3

Haunts in one night I will probably not attend as often.

No, they did not. That would defeat the purpose of charging a separate admission for Fearfest/Haunt. After all, it's all about the nickels!

Well, if they charge $30 to into Haunt one night, they could charge like $60 or $65 dollars for a pass for the entire Haunt season. So, they would make money off of people buying the regular season pass, and then make money off of people buying a pass for Haunt, instead of people maybe just paying once.

Anyways, I just called up to KI about the pass. I asked if the 2010 Gold and Platinum passes include Halloween Haunt for next year. She said all they have been told is it doesn't include this year. they haven't been told about next year, yet.

Does anyone else seem to think that KI stays behind the other parks when announcing things or giving information? They haven't announced Planet Snnopy, they don't have information about whether or not Haunt is included with 2010 passes, they haven't released the information about the Haunt attraction for this year.

IF they stick with their plan to charge additionally for Haunt next year, I'd suspect you will have to have a Haunt ticket to enter the park at that time...and they will close the park for the day (and for season passholders) earlier...as they had first informed Ryan that they would this year, and then apparently changed their minds...

Just remember that Platinum Pass will most probably only get you into parks operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. Currently, Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun are for sale, and the future of California's Great America is in question. Perhaps none of these parks may be sold, others may be or things may stay the same. . .

I wonder how theyh will know if people paid for Haunt?

When I went about 6 years ago and it was a separate admission, when you entered the park with your Haunt ticket, you were given a wrist band to signify that you were part of Haunt. You couldn't ride anything until 7, even though they were finishing up the riders from non haunt time.

Looks like Haunt WILL be included in the 2010 season pass:

Kings Island Newsletter 8/31/09

FOUR DAY 2010 SEASON PASS SALE RENEWAL OFFER!

We really want our 2009 Kings Island Season Passholders to return in 2010. To prove it, we’ve created an all-new, four-day renewal sale with an offer that’s hard to refuse.

Renew now and get a 2010 Season Pass for JUST $69.99 per pass – that’s lower than what you paid this year and around $35 less per pass than waiting until next summer to buy!

In addition, you will receive FREE SEASON-LONG PARKING (a $39.99 value) and FREE GOLD UPGRADE, providing you with all the great VIP perks and benefits of Gold at no extra cost.

There’s only one catch…You must purchase your 2010 Season Pass at the park on one of the following four dates: September 7, 25, 26, 27.

Bring your 2009 Season Pass to the park upon purchase. This offer is only valid at Kings Island and is not available online or by phone.

Some of the awesome 2010 Gold Pass VIP perks include:

Early Ride Times - The park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions all season long including Sunday thru Saturday early entrance for Diamondback and Beast.

Priority Boomerang Bay Access - Grab your favorite chair and spot in the sun when you flash a Gold Pass and get into Boomerang Bay 1/2 hour early every public water park operating day!

Reserved Parking - Exclusive lot available on first come, first served basis for Gold Passholders.

Free Halloween Haunt Admission - Gold and Platinum Season Passholders enjoy FREE and UNLIMITED admission into both Howl-o-Fest and Halloween Haunt for the 2010 season.

For more information, call us at 1-800-952-PASS!

I wonder if anyone on here can answer this. Last year when they had the season pass renewal, they said the 2009 pass would be good for all 2009 plus 1 admission for the rest of the 2008 season. Is that going to be the same policy this time around? Do our 2009 passes become inactive when the 2010 passes are purchased and processed?

I want to take advantage of the $69.99 deal, but I plan on making more than 1 trip during October/Halloween Haunt.

If past policy holds, your 2009 pass is good until Nov. 1, which is the end of the season, excluding all private events. So, if you renew your pass for 2010, your 09 pass is still good for unlimited admission to Haunt (but recall that once Haunt begins at 7, no readmittance if you leave). As for past practices, such as the inclusion of a free 09 ticket, I haven't heard if the park will be doing that or not.

Last year a lot of people reported problems when renewing their pass and trying to use it the same year, because it would then scan as the next year's pass (since they use the same card - I remember a lot of people who renewed in 08 having problems because they now had an 09 pass). However, they may have worked that bug out. It's one of those things we probably won't know until a few people try to enter the park multiple times on their renewal before the end of the year because it is supposed to work at least once for the current year when you buy next year's pass.

Does Platinum come with anything else except for the Gold pass perks and the free visits to any Cedar Fair park? I mean, that's a lot, but are there anymore perks than that?

It also includes parking at all other Cedar Fair properties as well as admission to the waterparks.