2009 Season Pass Renewal Sale!

Diamondback FOF

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably never, and why should they? Local markets differ. In some places, the company can charge more than others (not unlike, say, Six Flags). Why would they offer the same deal everywhere? There is a reason one must be present in the park to get the special sale gold pass renewal deal...just as there has in the past been a reason that most parks do not allow a pass voucher to be used until it is processed, at the park where purchased, no less.

You are correct - the offer is only good at the park on those given days. You'll have to check with the park to make sure (or somebody else on here may know), but since it's a renewal I would assume it would be processed on that day as well..

Probably never, and why should they? Local markets differ. In some places, the company can charge more than others (not unlike, say, Six Flags). Why would they offer the same deal everywhere? There is a reason one must be present in the park to get the special sale gold pass renewal deal...just as there has in the past been a reason that most parks do not allow a pass voucher to be used until it is processed, at the park where purchased, no less.

I can understand different prices because as you stated, markets differ. I'm just saying that if one park is going to offer Gold and Platinum, shouldn't another? Especially since they sent me, a platinum pass holder* for 2007-2009, an flier offering to renew my "Gold Pass" membership for 2010...Where Else?

*I believe that in 2007 it was called a MAXX Pass Plus - or something to that effect.

Don't forget those silly, supposedly temporary, flimsy plastic cards they issued as they weren't about to use the already printed Paramount Parks pass cardstock. They CLAIMED you had to process them to a new Cedar Fair pass on your first visit the next season, but that turned out to be totally unnecessary, which many of us found out only after standing and waiting for hours on our first park visit, which, in my case, was to a far away park during time I could have spent riding or even spending many nickels.

http://kingsislandinsider.blogspot.com/200...010-season.html

Kings Island 2010 season passes (Regular, Gold and Platinum) go on sale September 4. There is no increase on any season pass price for next year. A few areas, including Regular adult passes and Platinum four-packs, are priced lower than last year at this time.

So, I don't know how much platinum passes were last year, but four-packs will be cheaper this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this has probably been asked and is a stupid question, but if I get a renewal is the pass still good for ALL of this season and next, or do I only get 1 visit this season as if I was buying a new 2010 pass now?

(again, sorry if this has been asked once or multiple times, just looking for a quick answer :rolleyes: )

There is no such thing as a stupid question....and when they processed my renewal, they could not get it to process as such...so they had me keep my 09 pass and processed me a new pass for 2010 that I was told not to use until then, which I will not. The old pass worked just fine last weekend....yes, I typed that right.

I'm mildly impressed by the fact that the park is utilizing the nick store to process renewals of season passes..thus shortening the lines at the entrance to the park..if I recall, there are about 6-7 terminals set up inside the nick store..when I was there over labor day weekend, there was hardly anything nick-related left in the store..just one or two shelves shoved into a far corner of the store. I plan to renew my pass at the park opening wknd of Haunt at the nick store, so I'll report back on how the experience was.

When I renewed the 3 passes for my family I was told to keep or 09 pass for it would be good for 2010 now! Why give out new cards when the old ones are fine, saves money on printing new ones. I also processed ours in Nick-U for the line outside the park was long and we waited a whole 3 minutes to get renewed at Nick - U! KI got my money faster that way for I was going to wait till the next visit. (Giving me another excuse to go.)

The only way we knew of the sale was Bodda here and the signs in the park; We haven't received anything in the mail from the park.

You are incorrect - how would you know if "we haven't received anything in the mail from the park"? I sure got something in the mail yesterday!

I think someone needs to read more. I said I as in "ME" and my family did not receive anything in the mail from the park. There is nothing in my statement about you not receiving anything.

As of 9/16/09 MY FAMILY still has received nothing in the mail from the park.

http://kingsislandinsider.blogspot.com/200...010-season.html

Kings Island 2010 season passes (Regular, Gold and Platinum) go on sale September 4. There is no increase on any season pass price for next year. A few areas, including Regular adult passes and Platinum four-packs, are priced lower than last year at this time.

So, I don't know how much platinum passes were last year, but four-packs will be cheaper this year.

And they still don't have them on the website...

When do they usually go on sale online? I know they are available at the park on public operating days. I just can't get out to KI any more this year.