Pepsi Python Last Seat

Coney Islander

I'm kind of sad that you can't ride it in the back seat. I would love to experience it. It's a good coaster in the front of the train, if it's intense enough that they feel the need to close off the back row, I can just imagine.

Can't wait till I get to try Cyclops. And it will definitely be in the back seat.

Can there be that much of a difference in the last row of the last car or the 2nd last row on the last car?

I used to think the same way until I rode The Tornado at Stricker's Grove. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's a good ride in the 2nd last row and a GREAT ride in the last row.

Also, I've had trimless rides on Magnum in both the 2nd last and last rows of the train. The last row was PAINFUL and is the reason why I try to shy away from wheel seats on Magnum. The 2nd last row was almost no pain at all.

I've only ridden Python once, but had an interesting thing happen, something I'm not sure was right for the ride op to do. I was placed in the front seat, Mrs. Gator and GatorGirl were behind me. Due to my size, the lap bar wouldn't lock. The ride op tried to get it to lock, but after failing to do so she said I could ride it as long as I held the lap bar down and held on to the bar in front of me, which was mounted to the car itself. I rode it that way, but I wouldn't have if GatorGirl had been in the seat with me instead of her being with Mrs. Gator. It's a fun little coaster.

And I'm glad someone asked the question that started this topic, I was wondering about the last seat too.

That's one of the reasons no one under 18 is allowed to ride in the back seat of Cyclops at Mount Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. No such rule applies for the seat right in front of it.

Now careful there, Terpy. The sign in the station says "must be 18 or older to ride in last car" rather than last seat. That said, I won't ride anywere else.

Now I get to pout about not being able to ride in a backseat of a coaster.

Flyer, pouting.

Nothing on Racer even remotely compares to Tornado's "cliff."

Nothing at all.

And if it did, Cedar Fair would quickly have it reprofiled to remove it...

The Cliff violates every single law of Cedar Fair's wood maintenance plan. It has amazing airtime, no trim brakes, Buzz Bars, no Head rests, it's like the defiant teenager of the wooden coaster world!

And I like it that way. The Cliff gave me bruises from all the airtime, even with a buzzbar, it is that intense. The rest of the ride is fantastic to, there's decent airtime on nearly every hill of that wonderful ride! It's too bad it can't be counted as a classic woodie, since it was built in 1993, despite looking and feeling just like one.

• 2 months later...