Face/Off

Xx2cansamxX

On Bring-A-Friend free day at KI, me and 7 of my friends went up there. The lines were very LONG, but we expected it. We decided to pick 2 rides to try and ride before closing. Tomb Raider, and Face/Off. We rode TR and then headed over to F/O. After about an hours wait, we finally got on. We were lifted by the hill (I started facing backwards) and released. We did the 3 inversions, then went up the hill. We came back and did the inversions again. We sped through the station, and just as the ride was supposed to be over, and be slowly lowered to the ground, we didnt. The ride kept going up the hill, back up the half loop, then come down. We went back and forward about 4-5 times. Anyone know what this is caused by, and why it does it?

This is probably caused by a brake problem. Ther must have been a station brake malfunction, causing the computer not to tell the lift hill when to stop, nor the station when to catch you. Luckily, it didn't happen on a complete circuit coaster, otherwise you'd have some injuries from the trains colliding. Anyways, what you experienced is called valleying. It happens a lot on the three Deja Vus, mainly due to poor and rushed design.

Face/Off valleying is like TR bein closed..Its gotta happen or your day just isnt complete.Haha..But really...It happened to me before once in the same seat that DanielRadsGirl is talking about.They told us it was because the train and the computer didnt match up on where the train was suppose to be.Glad to hear nobody is hurt tho.

It was Two Face at Six Flags America near Washington D.C. The riders were stuck on the lift for around two hours. No big deal; even if it did get national news attention. I have seen about 4 coaster safety shows which I'm sure were sparked by this breakdown. How stupid can the media be. They reported the poeple were stuck over 200 feet in the air. Also on MSNBC I believe it was they were reading the ride stats off of Six Flags website. Only problem is the stats that Six Flags says is for Two Face is actually for Jokes Jinx. They have their stats switched around. Joker Jinx is a clone of Flight of Fear.

Edited by Tanner