Bummed Out

House

Is anyone else bummed out by the forecast for this weekend? I've been looking forward to my trip to KI this weekend all summer. My sister is coming down with her boyfriend and we were going to do up Boomerang Bay for 2 days. Now its looking like it will be too cold for BB and her boyfriend does not like rollercoasters at all, so we might not be going.

Seems like this summer has pretty much sucked from the get go for hot weather.

• Like 1

Is anyone else bummed out by the forecast for this weekend? I've been looking forward to my trip to KI this weekend all summer. My sister is coming down with her boyfriend and we were going to do up Boomerang Bay for 2 days. Now its looking like it will be too cold for BB and her boyfriend does not like rollercoasters at all, so we might not be going.

its due to global warming :(

You might have to duck into a shop or catch a show during the rain but I love parks on a rainy day. It keeps the crowds down and there's just something fun about dealing with the weather.

Coasterfreak: Ever done a polar bear swim. I did once and they had to cut through the ice with chain saws... or maybe circulars. I was a young and can't quite remember.

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, global warming does cause rapid changes in enviornment that can vary for areas depending on where they are, for some it does actually involve heating up, for others, a cooler climate can be expected. For example, the United States had the coldest winter on record last year, yet this year places like Washington have recorded never before seen heat. Currently, we are in an El Nino pattern, which typically results in cooler, wetter summers for the eastern half of the country. That is also why there has been a shortage of named storms in the Atlantic until recently. Most of the sporadic warming and cooling is caused by the fundemental breakdown of basic weather patterns, such as the Jet Stream and North Atlantic Current, which is caused by the unnatural heating of the atmosphere and disposing of freshwater and oxygen from the planet's ice caps.

Done.

As a matter of fact, global warming does cause rapid changes in enviornment that can vary for areas depending on where they are, for some it does actually involve heating up, for others, a cooler climate can be expected. For example, the United States had the coldest winter on record last year, yet this year places like Washington have recorded never before seen heat. Currently, we are in an El Nino pattern, which typically results in cooler, wetter summers for the eastern half of the country. That is also why there has been a shortage of named storms in the Atlantic until recently. Most of the sporadic warming and cooling is caused by the fundemental breakdown of basic weather patterns, such as the Jet Stream and North Atlantic Current, which is caused by the unnatural heating of the atmosphere and disposing of freshwater and oxygen from the planet's ice caps.

Done.

Hears! Hears!

// Don't all of the rides close down while it it raining?

Sunday will be really nice. It's I think 60s in the morning, but by noon it will be at 82 and sunny. It's good enough weather to go to Kings Island.

Where did you see this weather report at? The latest I saw on weather.com says high of 68 on Sunday. I saw this around noon.

So is El Nina` when it gets hotter than normal? If so I can't wait for that.

I was thinking about going to KI tomorrow evening from about 5pm to 10pm, but now I am afraid that I will get there and not get to ride anything (50% chance of rain from 6pm on according to the forecast). Has anyone else had a good experience with a similar situation? What is your advice?

Also, is there a place to get discount starlight tickets? They are $24.99 at the gate according to the KI website.

50 percent rain normally ends up meaning that it will probably rain at one point, but it is still a good time to visit. they dont really expect it to rain all day, so it will most likely rain, just not for hours on end. ill be there that evening, simply because of that forecast and the fact that its open till 10pm!!!

and no, the starlight tickets you cant really beat like you cant get a discount on those, just the daily admission tickets.

and the weather forecast for this weekend has improved markedly. The NWS forecast for Mason, Ohio:

Today

Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers early this morning...then partly sunny this afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight

Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday

Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Done.

Global warming is nothing more than a geo-political religion with the facade of science. It is evidenced by the fact in 2005, one of the more busy hurricane seasons, the global warming people were stating that more and more hurricanes would be the norm...the result, since then 2006-today, has been very quiet hurricane seasons as 2005 was probably the peak of a heavy hurricane cycle. Also, the prediction in the 80s that by the 90s coastal cities would be under water due to melting polar ice caps. I do find it ironic that almost after every news story or presser that those who push the global warming agenda, that the temps across the country seems to dramatically drop, whether its in July or December.

To get back on topic I'm hoping for a hot sunny day on 9/12 so I can ride two of my favorite non-coasters, WWC and Congo Falls.

I ended up going yesterday. It was dead so everything was a walk-on...and got to ride Adventure Express 7 times in a row, lol. Didn't even start raining till around 2 :P then it stopped, got hot and humid again when I met up with RingMaster at Diamondback.

I got there at about 6pm and went on 9 different roller coasters (Diamondback 3x, Beast 2x, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, Back Lot Stunt Coaster, Invertigo, Flight Deck, Racer, Adventure Express) & 2 other rides (Delirium & Drop Tower). The longest I waited was about 3-4 minutes for Firehawk. :) I could have done more, but I spent some time just walking around, playing games, feeding the fish, eating a snack, and looking at the park from the Eiffel Tower. Overall it was a great visit and the least busy I have ever seen an amusement park. I would have gone on Vortex, but I got in line about a minute too late to ride The Beast before the fireworks so I just stayed in The Beast queue during the fireworks and got on the last train of the night. At 3pm on Friday the forecast was calling for rain by 8 or 9pm, but it never rained a drop while I was there.

Done.

Umm. I think Weather Man Central (WMC) is in a different site