Diamondback vs Intimidator 305

UCbengal985

OK, so I'm sure by now you all have heard about Kings Dominion's monster of a coaster coming next year (if not, check out http://www.intimidator305.com). I know most of you have already ridden Diamondback and no one has obviously ridden Intimidator, but from what you've seen about Kings Dominion's new coaster compared to what you think about Diamondback, what ride would you rather have at KI? Answer that any way you'd like.

It will be neat to follow next years voting. Everyone has said that this year, not many great coasters were built.

It will be between DB and Manta. According to what I've read on here.

Next year though?

2 Intimidators being built by competing companies, for sister parks?

This will be interesting to follow all year next year.

Intimidator 305 seems fun for about 10 seconds. Just a drop and some curves. Diamondback is way better. Now Intimidator at Carowinds looks about the same as DB.

I have a feeling you may change your mind if you ride it.

Close to the ground, whipping around the trees at speeds of 95 miles per hour.

The landscaping flying past will make it feel like you are going much faster.

I wouldn't write off 305 so quickly.

I have a feeling you may change your mind if you ride it.

Close to the ground, whipping around the trees at speeds of 95 miles per hour.

The landscaping flying past will make it feel like you are going much faster.

I wouldn't write off 305 so quickly.

My thoughts exactly. I hate it when people are so quick to judge.

Two of these coasters haven't even been built and people are already going ballistic about how badly they will suck.. are you guys for real?

Normally, I don't vote on a ride until I ride it, but I honestly have to give this one to Intimidator 305. It will have just about everything I like in a coaster - a great first drop, sustained speed, tight turns, airtime, positive Gs, a low to the ground layout, high speed turns, and LATS! It honestly reminds me a lot of Maverick with it being so low to the ground and having such a compact layout (Maverick is my #2 steel coaster.). When you also throw in a little bit of what Diamondback (My #3 steel coaster.) has with 6 airtime hills then you may begin to realize that Intimidator 305 might just be a great ride.

I have doubts, but I also had doubts when I saw the first animated POV of Diamondback. Having never ridden a steel hypercoaster before, I thought to myself, "Hills. Repeatedly. This looks kind of boring." Boy, was I EVER wrong! I wouldn't have ridden it 79 times by now if I didn't like it as much as I do.

All in all, I'm looking forward to going to Kings Dominion next year to ride Intimidator 305 and a lot of other great rides at KD. I'm hoping to add 2 more coasters to my count this year so I can make it my 50th coaster next year. Bash me all you want, but I'm looking forward to doing some laps next year on what will be the world's newest giga coaster.

I think this one will be fun for speed, but as of right now I'm still happy with DB. The same reason I like DB over MF is that though MF has the height and speed over DB; DB is just more fun with all of the airtime and hills. Of course, can't judge until I ride (who knows when that will be) but judging by the layout; I still love our DB.

So I may be off topic for a moment, BTW I will not judge till I ride all 3, but only in Virgina would they name a ride after a nascar legend. But this does allow KD to have a kiddie roller coaster called "The Intimidated 8" with a hill of 30 feet and always needing to stop......

So I may be off topic for a moment, BTW I will not judge till I ride all 3, but only in Virgina would they name a ride after a nascar legend. But this does allow KD to have a kiddie roller coaster called "The Intimidated 8" with a hill of 30 feet and always needing to stop......

and blame everyone else in the organization for his failures!!!! LOL

J/k...Don't bash me!!!

I'd have to say Intimadator (sp?) at Carowinds, then Diamondback, then I305.

Intimadator looks better than Diamondback in my opinion. I like the turnaround and the last little turn before the brake run.

I305 looks boring and painful. I should show my science teacher the video on Monday and see if she thinks you would die on it. But, then again, I wouldn't want her calling Nick-U/Planet Snoopy Kiddieland. :rolleyes:

But I don't really enjoy judging coasters that I haven't ridden yet so...

I'm sure they will be different and awesome similar to DB and MF. I bet on I305 you'll feel the power and the speed-accentuated by twisting that close to the ground. These sensations of Maverick are nuts, so I can imagine being spread out over larger areas it will be even better-and 305?!? That is very tall-right into a NASCAR-like turn.

Carowinds Intimiator looks very similar to DB-which is a great thing. The mis-direction over the 2nd hill could be crazy. Another anti-gravity float machine that is much more intense than it looks.