Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010?

BeastinNight

Its Official!! Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010

I cant Get the Direct Link to work so just scroll down on this link and click under Planet Snoopy

http://screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

It Mentions 4 Coasters in Planet Snoopy (Nick-U) and I can only Think of 3 - Fairly Odd Coaster, Runaway Reptar, and Little Bills Giggle....

So are They building a new Kids coaster or do they consider Avatar a Coster?!? Rcdb does not consider Avatar a coaster and it never has been before! so does anyone know??

Anyway I am glad to see this actually :D I feel It will Be a Nice refreshment in the park and if advertised well could boost attendance!!! and will also Streamline all the Cedar Fair parks.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This went to an error. Is it supposed to mean something?

As far as Planet Snoopy, I've been learning not to totally trust screamscape. Sounds like a rumor mill. That being said, I can see sometime in the not-too-distant future the Peanuts gang taking over Kings Island. Perhaps a Battle Royal with Snoopy and Scooby Doo?

\/ \/ \/ Edit: Hmmm, looks real enough. I stand corrected.

The world's most popular beagle, Snoopy, will have a new home at Kings Island, beginning in 2010.

Planet Snoopy will be located in Kings Island's "Best Kids' Area in the World" section (Amusement Today Golden Ticket award 2001 through 2008) and will boast an elaborate collection of Peanuts-themed rides and attractions for every age, including more kids' roller coasters (four) than any other park in the world. Planet Snoopy will also feature a live stage show and daily meet and greet opportunities with the Peanuts characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus.

Fall 2009 marks the kick off to the 60th anniversary of Peanuts. Since its inception on October 2, 1950, Peanuts now appears in over 2,200 newpapers, on iTunes, through wireless and online channels, in 75 countries, and in 25 languages around the world. Peanuts animated television specials, including "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charle Brown," won or were nominated for Emmy Awards.

"Peanuts are an international icon," Kings Island's vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Snoopy and his pals like Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus are instantly recognizable among children and adults alike. We look forward to the Peanuts Gang becoming part of the world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment for our guests."

Planet Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

Well this is truly sad. I think it's safe to say most people would agree that Nickelodeon and its characters are more relevant to children these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the Peanuts. It isn't Christmas without Charlie Brown.

It sounds to me like someone erroneously posted the page on KI's site, then realized what they had done. Someone's probably getting a firm ass chewing right now.

I usually don't trust things I read online in general, especially Screamscape. But coming from KI's site, I'm more inclined to believe.

Change isn't always bad.

I believe that if they don't move or remove any rides within Nick U, and do the theming right (and I trust that they will), the Golden Ticket Award will continue on. I personally can't wait to see the changes.

We trusted them with Diamondback and Rivertown. Why can't we have faith in them to retheme our kids area of the park? Kings Island has worked so hard to give us so much.. the retheme has barely been announced and everyone is already going into detail about what a huge disappointment it will be? I mean, come on now, guys..

Change isn't always bad.

I believe that if they don't move or remove any rides within Nick U, and do the theming right (and I trust that they will), the Golden Ticket Award will continue on. I personally can't wait to see the changes.

We trusted them with Diamondback and Rivertown. Why can't we have faith in them to retheme our kids area of the park? Kings Island has worked so hard to give us so much.. the retheme has barely been announced and everyone is already going into detail about what a huge disappointment it will be? I mean, come on now, guys..

Yes, I think they will do it incredibly, and yes the Golden Tickets will probably continue. That being said, will the kids like it as much? Does it appeal to them? I would think interacting with the characters they see on TV would be more fun for them. The Peanuts are great, but kids don't have much interaction with them. Some might look at the comics, but not nearly the amount that watch Nick.

I'm not trying to change things, my posts won't make an ounce of difference. And I know it will be done very well. I'm just saying, it is for the kids.

Just MY opinion, but I think this is the worst idea E V E R!! Most kids today have no idea who the Peanuts are. The Peanuts are 20 years older than myself and I can only name 5 of them. Truly a sad day !!

Snoopy WILL NEVER replace Scooby Doo!

Two things. The Screamscape item is labeled Speculation. Sigh.

Second, if this is true, and it may well be, remember that VIACOM by all accounts wanted a Kings and Carowinds and Great America and a Wonderland ransom for a Nick renewal. Would you still be for that if it caused ticket prices to triple? I didn't think so...

I don't think this is a good idea. My girls LOVE going to KI due to Nick U. I told them our last visit that it might be going away..to enjoy. They asked what would go there, I told them Peanuts stuff...they had NO idea what I was talking about. They aren't familiar with Charlie Brown, Snoopy or any of the crew...I suspect this would be the case with most kids.

It was very special to watch my youngest light up this year when she met Spongebob, Patrick, Dora, etc...

Oh well :(

Change isn't always bad.

For some reason that sentence made me throw up alittle! :blink:

But seriously who didnt see this coming anyway???? CF is going to cut costs no matter what. Their feelings are that some of Nick characters arent even on anymore who seriously what kid would know/remember them anyway. I myself LOVED the kids area at KI-but I love themed typed stuff anyway but Snoopy?? Not so much.

I doubt it would make much of a difference to a kid anyway-but I guess that will remain to be seen!

Bye Spongebob! :(

I can't wait, I love Snoopy, one of the only cartoons I like, and I despise Nick, I think Snoopy brings a broader age range, it's true that little kids love Nick, however I would argue that older kids to teens, to adults would like snoopy - Nick is more juvenile and Snoopy I would think draws interest to a more diverse rage of ages

Wow I am amazed at the number of you that dislike Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and think that Nick is better and that the kids area will no longer win Golden Tickets.

Consider this...

Snoopy and the Peanuts characters have been around since 1950, Spongebob only since 1999. Snoopy has staying power and kids know who he is. Dont kid yourself. My daughter is 2 and loves both Snoopy and Spongebob.

Prior to becoming Nick Central or Universe, HBL was winning golden ticket awards. By no means does the theme have anything to do with winning the award, but the fact remains the area will stay have one of the best collections of kids rides around.

Finaly consider that SDATHC will not be going anywhere, because that agreement is through the ride manufacturer. You will have two of the most beloved cartoon/comic dogs in the country at one park. How cool is it if your little one can get a hug with Snoopy and then Scooby?

I think most of the people who love Nick, wants everyone to think that Snoopy has no following anymore, truth is I see Snoopy all over the place in stores, I am concerned however about the Haunted Castle ride, which is great for Grandparents, as they have very little they can ride at KI, as most of the rides are either thrill rides or kiddy rides, this is a good family ride and I am deeply concerned what might happen here, it would be nice if they would turn it into a non-themed haunted house ride, but I just hope it remains.

^I think I would even want that.

I agree, I don't think it will be bad at all. The kids will still see their favorite shows on tv, but when they go to the park they can experience a completely different set of fun characters. Even if they don't know who they are, the kids still see that the rides are great. And as Rail Rider said, Snoopy has staying power, so barring something really bad happening, I think the Peanuts gang could be there for a very long time.

Wow I am amazed at the number of you that dislike Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and think that Nick is better and that the kids area will no longer win Golden Tickets.

Consider this...

Snoopy and the Peanuts characters have been around since 1950, Spongebob only since 1999. Snoopy has staying power and kids know who he is. Dont kid yourself. My daughter is 2 and loves both Snoopy and Spongebob.

Prior to becoming Nick Central or Universe, HBL was winning golden ticket awards. By no means does the theme have anything to do with winning the award, but the fact remains the area will stay have one of the best collections of kids rides around.

Finaly consider that SDATHC will not be going anywhere, because that agreement is through the ride manufacturer. You will have two of the most beloved cartoon/comic dogs in the country at one park. How cool is it if your little one can get a hug with Snoopy and then Scooby?

only time will tell ......ALL i have to say is Ryan if your out there bud, LOTS OF off-season Photos LOTS.

-

Consider this...

I see that too. I've been to CP several times last year and this year, and kids get so excited when they see Snoopy. They run over and hug him and the parents take a picture, it is so cute. A couple of times this year, they've had Peanuts characters walking around, and they had CROWDS of kids around them.

Realize from this that next year, regular visitors to CP (and other parks with Peanuts theming) that have children and love Snoopy will be thrilled to see it at KI too.

Its Official!! Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010

I cant Get the Direct Link to work so just scroll down on this link and click under Planet Snoopy

http://screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

It Mentions 4 Coasters in Planet Snoopy (Nick-U) and I can only Think of 3 - Fairly Odd Coaster, Runaway Reptar, and Little Bills Giggle....

So are They building a new Kids coaster or do they consider Avatar a Coster?!? Rcdb does not consider Avatar a coaster and it never has been before! so does anyone know??

Anyway I am glad to see this actually :D I feel It will Be a Nice refreshment in the park and if advertised well could boost attendance!!! and will also Streamline all the Cedar Fair parks.

Avatar is considered a "Disco Coaster" made by Zamperla; there are other post on here about it. :)

Below is Zamperla response to my email to them:

The Gondola is always connected to power and the drive of the motor is always on. However, at the low point of the track, the motor, even though powered, is not really adding to the gondola's momentum.

This means at certain points during the ride, the gondola could be considered to be 'coasting'.

On a launch or lift-hill coaster, once the vehicle or train exits the launch or leaves the lift hill, all of the energy is in the system. Where, the system is the car or train. The train or car eventually comes to a stop due to losses (friction, wind resistance, and rolling resistance) and/or braking. The difference is that Avatar (Zamperla's product name: Disko Coaster with Skater gondola) has the ability to add energy during the ride into the system (i.e the gondola).

There are many coasters that have motors on-board, such as our Dragon coaster. These are still coasters, but they are classified as Powered Coasters. Furthermore, just as you can classify a coaster as inverted, sit-down or stand up. I'd consider the Avatar as a coaster, I'd just classify it as a 'disko coaster'. Some people may call it a Skater Coaster, but the Skater and Disko coasters are the same platform, they just have a different seating arrangement.

So, in my opinion, the Avatar is a powered, disko coaster.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Jay Crisler, P.E.

Director of Engineering

Zamperla, Inc.

49 Fanny Road

Boonton, NJ 07005

USA

In 2001 KI added Nick Central. Thus started the beginning of the Golden Ticket awards for best kids area. In 2006 KI improved on their kids area by adding Nick Universe thus retheming every ride to Nick, three more years of golden tickets. I seem to recall CP added Planet Snoopy to CP last year. Let's see, Nickelodeon Universe won the golden ticket for best kids area and Planet Snoopy did not. Now CF wants to replace Nickelodeon Universe with Planet Snoopy? Come on fanboys, let's say goodbye to those golden tickets. There can only be one flagship park in CF.