Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010?

BeastinNight

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really saddens me about all this is the negative responses like "it won't be KI to me anymore." :rolleyes:

I like Spongbob. I really enjoy Patrick and Spongebobs antics, so don't get me wrong. But it is all mindless fun. Still it is fun true enough. but when a child is raised on mindless fun, how do you think that child will be as an adult? Mindless fun is totally acceptable once a thinking fun is planted and nurtured. Peanuts is a thinking fun. Yes I know, no one wants to 'think'. That is what is so sad.

Peanuts is in and Nick U is out for one reason and it isn't to **** people off. It is financial I'm sure. CF already owns the rights to Peanuts so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint and a realistic decision. My wife told me that she also disagrees with the Peanuts haters here that they are unrecognizable. That is untrue. Snoopy and woodstock as well as the rest of the gang are plastered all over Justice for Girls for example. If I am not mistaken that is the 'in' clothing store for girls. That tells me right there that there is a definite market and demand for Peanuts. I would honestly say that Charlie Brown & Snoopy are almost as recognizable as Mickey Mouse & Pluto are. I mean look at how Disney is going down the tubes with that themeing. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the word 'gang' mean not such a bad thing anymore? I think it would. Kids are really going to enjoy the Peanuts characters. And for those that whine saying the children won't know who they are all I can say is that they never knew who Spongebob was either untill they were introduced to him (it). Once they are introduced to Peanuts I am willing to bet the children will love them.

Give the kids some credit. And give Peanuts a chance to work their magic. :lol:

What really saddens me about all this is the negative responses like "it won't be KI to me anymore." :rolleyes:

I like Spongbob. I really enjoy Patrick and Spongebobs antics, so don't get me wrong. But it is all mindless fun. Still it is fun true enough. but when a child is raised on mindless fun, how do you think that child will be as an adult? Mindless fun is totally acceptable once a thinking fun is planted and nurtured. Peanuts is a thinking fun. Yes I know, no one wants to 'think'. That is what is so sad.

Peanuts is in and Nick U is out for one reason and it isn't to **** people off. It is financial I'm sure. CF already owns the rights to Peanuts so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint and a realistic decision. My wife told me that she also disagrees with the Peanuts haters here that they are unrecognizable. That is untrue. Snoopy and woodstock as well as the rest of the gang are plastered all over Justice for Girls for example. If I am not mistaken that is the 'in' clothing store for girls. That tells me right there that there is a definite market and demand for Peanuts. I would honestly say that Charlie Brown & Snoopy are almost as recognizable as Mickey Mouse & Pluto are. I mean look at how Disney is going down the tubes with that themeing. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the word 'gang' mean not such a bad thing anymore? I think it would. Kids are really going to enjoy the Peanuts characters. And for those that whine saying the children won't know who they are all I can say is that they never knew who Spongebob was either untill they were introduced to him (it). Once they are introduced to Peanuts I am willing to bet the children will love them.

Give the kids some credit. And give Peanuts a chance to work their magic. :lol:

well i have to kinda agree due to the fact i grew up in the hanna barbara era....i thought KI lost touch when it went to Paramount........i been comming to ki from the early 80s when i was a youngster (just like most of us) and we adapted to the change, and of course there been alot of changes i didnt like (enchanted voyage, cough, cough) large log flume, and many others the vine covered entrance to HB, and the dolphin show. omg i almost forgot river town and the train ride when the indians shot at us. ahhhhhhhh those were the days

Wow, I don't read the forums for almost a day and this is what I get! Anyways, I'm actually okay with Planet Snoopy, it'll be a nice change in my opinion. One thing I saw somewhere here was that there'd be a new show coming with Planet Snoopy. It sounds sort of odd that they'd take out Marty's Party in its first year, maybe there's a chance the Enchanted Theater (I think that's what it's called) might host the new show, that'd be pretty cool.

You can ride Banyern Kurve at Kennywood, they brought it back this year

WHich we did this year! The kids laughed when the horn startled them....... No matter what happens, as long as I see the fountains and the Tower when I walk in, and still get that feeling that I got in 1972 when I was 3 years old, it will always be KI to me.......

FIRST OFF: I AM NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, i for one am very excited about Planet Snoopy coming to Kings Island next year, and after reading through nine pages of negativity about Planet Snoopy coming, no one has came up with a good reason as to why Kings Island would lose their golden ticket for "best kids area" just, " goodbye golden tickets" and crap like that, i mean, the whole section of the park is going to be the same, just with peanuts characters around insted of nick ones. you all are acting like they are going to plow down all of nick u and replace it with five or six of the same basic ride like how Cedar Point's kids area was before it was turned into Planet Snoopy. i think you all just need to calm down and give the peanut's a chance at the park before you start attacking the park and Cedar Fair.

coaster_junky, who's most memorable moment from his first visit to Cedar Point wasn't getting to ride millie, but insted getting to walk into the giant peanut's giftshop.

I'm not mad that Nick is leaving and the Peanuts are moving in next year.

What I'm mad at is the fact that they have yet to announce it and Marketing is supposedly in an uproar because someone accidentally leaked it onto the site before it was deemed "official". Everyone else has announced their capital investments for next year already except for Cedar Point and Kings Island, but the Point is at least hinting at what they'll have for 2010. Not so with the Island.

Which leads me to believe there are some serious marketing management issues going on right now as they axed the idea of closing the park down an hour during Saturdays and Sundays for the Haunt after advertising it on the site, and they have yet to announce the attractions for the Haunt (everyone else has, including the Point) even though they've advertised for the event since the beginning of the season.

This could technically be the second worst kept secret in the park's history; the first being Firehawk as it wasn't announced until two months before the park opened to the public, yet track had started to show up in December.

But this is all opinion from me. I am indifferent about Planet Snoopy for 2010.

okay, i for one am very excited about Planet Snoopy coming to Kings Island next year, and after reading through nine pages of negativity about Planet Snoopy coming, no one has came up with a good reason as to why Kings Island would lose their golden ticket for "best kids area" just, " goodbye golden tickets" and crap like that, i mean, the whole section of the park is going to be the same, just with peanuts characters around insted of nick ones. you all are acting like they are going to plow down all of nick u and replace it with five or six of the same basic ride like how Cedar Point's kids area was before it was turned into Planet Snoopy. i think you all just need to calm down and give the peanut's a chance at the park before you start attacking the park and Cedar Fair.

coaster_junky, who's most memorable moment from his first visit to Cedar Point wasn't getting to ride millie, but insted getting to walk into the giant peanut's giftshop.

I agree 100 percent.

Children under the age of 14 still love Spongebob, Dora, and Scooby.

Show me a 13 year old that watches Dora and I will be seriously surprised. I'm sorry but that show is beyond cheesy. I haven't watched Spongebob in a few years, but that was actually pretty funny. I like Scooby though. If it was on, I'd watch it. I never check though.

I agree 100 percent.

I second that agreement.

Well..i am pretty disappointed with this....but i do know of one good point.....taylor (HTCO). if you want to work there in the future....you already know the songs, and can be in character for linus veeery easily. hhaahha :lol:

Indeed you are correct matt. I played Linus in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" at our school. To be honest I had no clue who Linus was until I did a background study.

On topic: I am a little dissapointed to see this. Kids will be like, "What is this?". And I bet I'm gonna hear a lot of, "Where is spongebob?!?!" stuff.

I agree, actually. There's no reason KI will lose the Golden Ticket award. Everything is the same. Plus, judging from Cedar Point's incorporation of the Peanuts, I think we'll see some really nice theming. Remember, the kids don't judge the children's area. Nor do I think Amusement Today judges the areas from a kid's point of view.

Raptor back in your day tv was not as big as it is to today's youth. For those of us in our 20s tv just started taking over the lives of the children but now kids under the age of ten prefer tv characters versus fresh air, sad but true.

I'm not under ten but close. When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was ride Top Cat Taxi Jam, or The Beastie. Or Boo-Boo's Baggage Claim.

I agree 100 percent.

I second that agreement.

I third that agreement. If that is possible.

What I'm mad at is the fact that they have yet to announce it and Marketing is supposedly in an uproar because someone accidentally leaked it onto the site before it was deemed "official". Everyone else has announced their capital investments for next year already except for Cedar Point and Kings Island, but the Point is at least hinting at what they'll have for 2010. Not so with the Island.

To add to that, when I came home from work, I realised that I actually still have the page up where KI announced Planet Snoopy (for like a few seconds) before it was taken down. I've made a screenshot of it. If anyone's interested in seeing it; give me a PM and I'll e-mail it over.

As far as i know, the Nick contract was a 5 year deal. If i remember right, Paramount did the Nick contract in 2006. So anything can happen at this point. What i find funny is that most teens from 14 to 17 know more about Spongebob then most kids under 11. Lol.

At the time Cedar Fair acquired Paramount Parks on June 30, 2006, it was publicly disclosed that Cedar Fair had the rights to use the Paramount name for 10 more years and to use the Nick licensing for four. From what exact date was not disclosed. As can be seen, the company did not continue using the Paramount name for the entire period it had rights to do so. . .

It is. Technically, you would be "In Favor", and, depending on the vote versus "All Against", the motion would "Carry". To "Third" a motion is to vote for favorability of the motion. Seconding is the privilege of any board member in attendance, which brings the motion to a vote. Had the motion not been 'seconded', it would have been rejected by default, requiring no vote by the attending body. Therefore, let me join you in raising my hand in favor of the agreement. :D

It is. Technically, you would be "In Favor", and, depending on the vote versus "All Against", the motion would "Carry". To "Third" a motion is to vote for favorability of the motion. Seconding is the privilege of any board member in attendance, which brings the motion to a vote. Had the motion not been 'seconded', it would have been rejected by default, requiring no vote by the attending body. Therefore, let me join you in raising my hand in favor of the agreement. :D

ADD got in the way..

I tried reading this and my mind went... blank and began to play elevator music.