Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010?

BeastinNight

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Six Flags parks have Looney Tunes? I didn't know that! Well, see, that's why Kings Island is different! Other than Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America (the indoor park), Kings Island is the only park with that theme. So, now people won't get as excited to come to Kings Island and meet Spongebob and Patrick and other characters. It's unique!

Oh, really?

Nick has been licensed to many other locations, including a stand alone park slated to be built in New Orleans at the site of the former Six Flags New Orleans. Interestingly, the press release for that listed other Nick locations, and did NOT include any Cedar Fair properties....

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...ns++Nickelodeon

But still, not many places have older cartoons.

really? the two largest amusment park chains in the u.s. both use older cartoons as their mascots.(six flags: looney toons, Cedar Fair: peanuts)

Don't forget about a certain cat in a hat and his home at the Land of Suess at Universal :lol:

Universal uses the cat in the hat for its kids area at a park, and that particular character is as old if not older than Snoopy.

I have been able to check-in on KIC briefly for the past couple days and this thread has has kept me interested to check-in as often as I could. First let me say this type of topic in my opinion is one of the reasons I love KICentral so much. See we/I love Kings Island and discussing Kings Island with others and news of a big change is big news in our community. This type of news deserves to be well discussed and I appreciate all who have contributed to the discussion with their own open, honest and concerns about such a change, good, bad or indifferent.. In my opinion discussions like the one you all have been discussing here benefits not only us in gaining perspective of diverse opinions but I also believe it can help Kings Island understand how the general public may react to it and the concerns or support they will have.

Let me share the following with you;

In many ways the work of a critic is easy, we risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their-selves up to our judgment we thrive on negative criticism which is fun to write and to read. But a bitter truth we critic's must face is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating itself. But there are times when a critic truly risks something and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends.

I know that is a mouthful and feel free to rat me out but like much of life it is bitter sweet. I feel twisted about the news of Planet Snoopy taking over the Nickelodeon Universe and truly understand the feelings of others on their position and I like that we have a place to share our feelings. I know at least this much, when the 2010 season rolls around I know KICentral members and because of their passion for Kings Island they will be a friend of the new in Planet Snoopy.

Guest rcfreak339

Snoopy is awesome in every way....They way he walks, they way he dresses and the things he does. He is awesome. Sponge Bob just has a really annoying laugh which gets old after awhile. Good move by Cedar Fair.

I have been able to check-in on KIC briefly for the past couple days and this thread has has kept me interested to check-in as often as I could. First let me say this type of topic in my opinion is one of the reasons I love KICentral so much. See we/I love Kings Island and discussing Kings Island with others and news of a big change is big news in our community. This type of news deserves to be well discussed and I appreciate all who have contributed to the discussion with their own open, honest and concerns about such a change, good, bad or indifferent.. In my opinion discussions like the one you all have been discussing here benefits not only us in gaining perspective of diverse opinions but I also believe it can help Kings Island understand how the general public may react to it and the concerns or support they will have.

Let me share the following with you;

In many ways the work of a critic is easy, we risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their-selves up to our judgment we thrive on negative criticism which is fun to write and to read. But a bitter truth we critic's must face is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating itself. But there are times when a critic truly risks something and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends.

I know that is a mouthful and feel free to rat me out but like much of life it is bitter sweet. I feel twisted about the news of Planet Snoopy taking over the Nickelodeon Universe and truly understand the feelings of others on their position and I like that we have a place to share our feelings. I know at least this much, when the 2010 season rolls around I know KICentral members and because of their passion for Kings Island they will be a friend of the new in Planet Snoopy.

ok

Quick Question, besides on these forums, I have not seen anything announcing officially that it will become Planet Snoopy. Screamscape doesnt have it. (or at least I coulnt find it) and the KI website says nothing about it.

Well, Screamscape posted a link to the KIwebsite that had a webpage saying Planet Snoopy would be coming for 2010. Since then, the webpage has been taken down for the time being. That is why the thread has been going on because people saw what the webpage said.

Ok thank you for the clarification.

Quick Question, besides on these forums, I have not seen anything announcing officially that it will become Planet Snoopy. Screamscape doesnt have it. (or at least I coulnt find it) and the KI website says nothing about it.

I still have the annnouncement on my PC. I still haven't closed the window after opening the link from Screamscape.

I still have the annnouncement on my PC. I still haven't closed the window after opening the link from Screamscape.

Prnt Scrn it. Paste into MS Paint (or whatever program you have) and save

Prnt Scrn it. Paste into MS Paint (or whatever program you have) and save

Oh yeah, I did that. Got it in Word right now. If you or anyone want to see it, PM me and I'll send you an e-mail with it.

KING ISLAND TO BECOME HOME TO THE PEANUTS GANG IN 2010

The world's most popular beagle, Snoopy, will have a new home at Kings Island, beginning in 2010.

Planet Snoopy will be located in Kings Island's "Best Kids' Area in the World" section (Amusement Today Golden Ticket award 2001 through 2008) and will boast an elaborate collection of Peanuts-themed rides and attractions for every age, including more kids' roller coasters (four) than any other park in the world. Planet Snoopy will also feature a live stage show and daily meet and greet opportunities with the Peanuts characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus.

Fall 2009 marks the kick off to the 60th anniversary of Peanuts. Since its inception on October 2, 1950, Peanuts now appears in over 2,200 newpapers, on iTunes, through wireless and online channels, in 75 countries, and in 25 languages around the world. Peanuts animated television specials, including "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charle Brown," won or were nominated for Emmy Awards.

"Peanuts are an international icon," Kings Island's vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Snoopy and his pals like Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus are instantly recognizable among children and adults alike. We look forward to the Peanuts Gang becoming part of the world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment for our guests."

Planet Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

Is that what you all are looking for? Yeah when I tried to look it up it had that Dominator listed as coming to Kings Island in 2010 :lol: anywho

I had this snoop press release saved..gotta admit wont be to happy if Scooby-Doo goes.

Planet Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

D'oh! Scooby-Doo IS Leaving?!? ... sad0116.gif Good-Bye Scooby-Doo! You were a staple for Kings Island and almost the park's mascot ...

I'm still going to wait and see before I say my good byes .. I feel scooby-doo should stay and isnt Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle on International Street? the press states that it is in Nick U.

Still if Scooby-Doo leaves I doubt I will get a pass .Scooby makes our trip to the park he brings so much happiness to my nephews and cousins,me etc.

I'm very disappointed in this whole switch. Mainly because I grew up on Nickolodeon, with Spongebob, Rugrats (make's me sad to think about it), and Wild Thornberry. I do like Snoopy, but it makes me sad that Nickolodeon is getting smaller and smaller (Nickolodeon Studios is now shut down, I also loved Nick Gas, but lets talk about that another time) It really shows the downfall of a tv network. It will never be the same with shows now like iCarly and Zoey 101 compared to shows like Rugrats and Doug. I can't believe Nick Magazine isn't happening anymore. It's very sad, especially for me personally. I think kids recognize characters from Nick more than Snoopy. It's so nostalgic for me waiting for Runaway Reptar to watch old episodes of Rugrats. I loved all of the movies, episodes, everything. My personal favorite was Chuckie. Now that is gone, and I can't even find reruns. It brings back memories, this whole thing, and it makes me very sad that it is leaving. To some it may seem like a small deal, but to me it's much bigger than that.

R.I.P Old Nickelodeon, R.I.P Nick Universe and my childhood.

You all realize that for the past 3 months:

A. Workers have been telling guests about the switch already - I have heard personally when buying scooby's for half off ( a great deal ) how they are changing it for sure

B. pretty much everything has been on sale dealing with scooby or Nickelodeon.

This place must have a solar panel attatched on some satellite fueling the rumor mill and people's desire to debate issues that really aren't hard to find evidence for. I have never seen a place with such meaningless and wasteful discussions lol.

Oh well always cheers me up when I am depressed! :)

You shouldn't believe everything you hear, even from park employees. And whichever employees told you that stuff could be in a lot of trouble because we are not allowed to say anything regarding things that haven't been made public.