Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010?

BeastinNight

I have never seen a place with such meaningless and wasteful discussions lol.

This comment reminded me of one of my favorite lines in a movie trailer...it was for one of the Naked Gun's...the line went "If you only see one movie this year....you really need to get out more". :lol: (So I think the same thing applies...if you think that THIS site has the most meaningless and wasteful discussions...you really must not be going to too many sites!) :)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been ever thus. Rumors abounded that the Eagles were being removed for weeks before the announcement. Up until the very last minute, the group I call the park "loyalists" adamantly denied that any such a move would ever happen or was afoot. And then, the park made the announcement.

LMAO , i just so happen to know a few of those people. they are STUBBORN

Well, here is my whole opinion on this:

I like Nick, but I also like Snoopy. I much rather have Snoopy really, I just like it more than I do Nickelodeon. Im really glad that Nick is leaving, I just really did'nt like Nick. I wonder if there going to keep Wild Thorn Berrys beings they've removed all the others at Cedar Fair parks.

I'm sorry, but I've always hated Nick. I would rather have Hanna Barbera back, Scooby and the others like the Flintstones, or the Jetsons should be brought back. (I guess that shows my age) On the other hand I am happy a more wholesome element such as Snoopy will grace the children area. I believe Nick has had a big effect on the behavior and poor judgment of today's youth. The shows that Nick has had on their network in the last 10 years has taught children to act more like adults then kids. Shows like Spongebob are ok, but when they are on the same channel as the other shows such as a Hanna Montana type and other teenage shows, younger kids get sucked into these shows. That is why you see 10 and 11 year old girls dressing up like they are 17 or 18. Kids should be kids and not be sexualized like adults. Let them enjoy their childhood. I am glad Snoopy will be joining us. I will now stop ranting and shut up. Sorry I just finished a twenty page paper in sociology class last month on the exploitation and sexualization of children.

As child of the 80s I grew up with the best of both worlds ''Hanna-Barbera and Nickelodeon'' and Snoopy.I miss Hanna-Barbera Land and I'm going to miss Nickelodeon and if scooby-doo goes Cedar Fair won't get a penny outta me.I'll take my money and ''kids'' to Florida or Six Flags yeah certain Six Flags parks have the hanna-barbera characters.

I couldn't agree more Brian, Not to be critical Scooby Doo, but are you saying that if no park ever had Scooby Doo or Hanna Barbara that you would never go to any amusement park? I mean personally I hate Nick, but never hesitated going to Kings Island and Nickelodian Universe, because to me amusement parks are fun regardless of what characters grace it. Just My opinion

I'm sorry, but I've always hated Nick. I would rather have Hanna Barbera back, Scooby and the others like the Flintstones, or the Jetsons should be brought back. (I guess that shows my age) On the other hand I am happy a more wholesome element such as Snoopy will grace the children area. I believe Nick has had a big effect on the behavior and poor judgment of today's youth. The shows that Nick has had on their network in the last 10 years has taught children to act more like adults then kids. Shows like Spongebob are ok, but when they are on the same channel as the other shows such as a Hanna Montana type and other teenage shows, younger kids get sucked into these shows. That is why you see 10 and 11 year old girls dressing up like they are 17 or 18. Kids should be kids and not be sexualized like adults. Let them enjoy their childhood. I am glad Snoopy will be joining us. I will now stop ranting and shut up. Sorry I just finished a twenty page paper in sociology class last month on the exploitation and sexualization of children.

I agree I grew up in the 90's so I loved Scooby Doo, and the Flinstones. I would much rather see Hanna Barbera back. Don't get me wrong though, I am very interested to see how Planet Snoopy turns out!

I like Nick, but I also like Snoopy. I much rather have Snoopy really, I just like it more than I do Nickelodeon. Im really glad that Nick is leaving, I just really did'nt like Nick. I wonder if there going to keep Wild Thorn Berrys beings they've removed all the others at Cedar Fair parks.

Why would they? Wild Thornberry's is Nick, and it's the oldest of the Nick shows represented at KI. It hasn't been on in 10 years. It should have been gone years ago. I'm really hoping Snoopy doesn't take over the log flume, unless he goes where the elephant is with his leg up.

Why would they? Wild Thornberry's is Nick, and it's the oldest of the Nick shows represented at KI. It hasn't been on in 10 years. It should have been gone years ago. I'm really hoping Snoopy doesn't take over the log flume, unless he goes where the elephant is with his leg up.

That would be gross and funny at the same time! haha

Would you imagine someone's already thought of this and built a park with said idea in mind?

Three words. Bon. Bon. Land. :blink:

EDIT: And 900 posts! Suhweetness!

Would you imagine someone's already thought of this and built a park with said idea in mind?

Three words. Bon. Bon. Land. :blink:

EDIT: And 900 posts! Suhweetness!

After looking that up, I lost all faith in humanity...well, maybe only the Dutch.

Whoa there, if you haven't been there don't knock it. First off, I would like to clarify what region you are talking about, because Bon Bon Land is Danish not Dutch, big difference. Second, I have not meet any nicer people than those of the northern region of Europe. The parks there are so children and family friendly, and talk about clean!! The "Golden Ticket" for children's area would NOT go to KI if ANY of those parks were in the running. And to top it off, the best part about that region of the world, is the historical value in some of the rides, maybe not at Bon Bon Land but many others. Look them up very interesting.

Don't know why KI is not making an announcement yet...

Maybe the park is trying to avoid a lot of tearful goodbye scenes between the kids & the characters...kinda like the train scene from Casablanca...."we'll always have Paris Nickelodeon Universe". :rolleyes:

(By the way, Casablanca is about as much on the kid's radar as Snoopy is. ;) )

I don't think it has been mentioned, but on screamscape today, they have a screenshot of the announcement. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already.

Yes it was mentioned. ;)

Still the only "confirmed" information is that there was a page on the KI official website (hackers maybe?) and that it was removed. Untill something is put up or 'officially' announced it is still nothing more than rumors & conjection on everyones part here and Screamscape.

I think the reason we haven't seen an official media announcement from KI is because the marketing and PR gurus up there are asking themselves how the hell do we tell people that SOB will not reopen again, PLUS the beloved Nickelodeon characters are being replaced by the outdated Peanuts gang without the GP getting up in arms about it. Those are just my humble thoughts. ;)

I think the reason we haven't seen an official media announcement from KI is because the marketing and PR gurus up there are asking themselves how the hell do we tell people that SOB will not reopen again, PLUS the beloved Nickelodeon characters are being replaced by the outdated Peanuts gang without the GP getting up in arms about it. Those are just my humble thoughts. ;)

They will at least wait, until their season pass sale for next year is over?

They will at least wait, until their season pass sale for next year is over?

That means they'll hold out on the announcement until the end of September and by then the screenshot will have already been filtered through the entire Internets, and possibly the newscasts (shudder) will pick up on it before the park has chance to officially announce it.

That actually makes a lot of sense. SOB already caused quite a stir, and I can see where waiting on this wouldn't be such a bad thing. I heard Disney wanted to buy Peanuts, too, but the suits there couldn't name half the characters. :)

Well, they already bought Marvel.... <_<

Yeah. I guess a Spidey coaster is a lot cooler than a Snoopy coaster. Plus Disney already has two dogs to deal with. (Btw, why is Goofy bipedal when Pluto walks on all-fours?)

Regardless if this is official or not, I hope the Spongebob movie is gone soon. That chasing a pickle show is terrible.