Nick-U becomes Planet Snoopy in 2010?

BeastinNight

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Which I don't get. Scooby Doo has no relation to Paramount or Nickelodeon - or does it? I mean, it's just one ride! What's the point of changing it - again?

Because, as has been reported here, the ride is licensed through Sally Rides, and I believe the license contract expires sometime in 2010 or 2011.

I don't think a dark ride can get cheesier than Canada's Wonderland's SDatHC. Actually, the cardboard cutouts that pop up in our queue room are pretty... discouraging.

For the love of.... Those aren't cardboard pointer they're wooden and kinda heavy..anyway I don't get it so is scooby-doo and the haunted castle leaving or the character scooby-doo(meet and greet?).Besides last time I checked the contract rights expire in 2013 for scooby doo what the crap happened? :unsure: they could always keep scooby on international street or coney mall.

I don't think a dark ride can get cheesier than Canada's Wonderland's SDatHC. Actually, the cardboard cutouts that pop up in our queue room are pretty... discouraging.

For the love of.... Those aren't cardboard pointer they're wooden and kinda heavy..anyway I don't get it so is scooby-doo and the haunted castle leaving or the character scooby-doo(meet and greet?).Besides last time I checked the contract rights expire in 2013 for scooby doo what the crap happened? :unsure: they could always keep scooby on international street or coney mall.

one question .....not that i doubt anyone but i always hear the contract dosnt expire till....... where do you find this info ??? about when a contract may expire?

Not completely. It was licensed through Sally Rides. Note these two US parks where Scooby dark rides can also be found, neither having a thing to do with Paramount:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Six Flags St. Louis

Both are VERY nice installations.

Paramount Parks + Sally: Custom designed in cooperation with Paramount Parks’ Design + Entertainment, this ride was the first of its kind in any of the Paramount parks. “We had been wanting to do a haunted house or dark ride for younger children,” says Paramount's George Sells, “But the narrow demographic of children’s rides doesn’t lend itself to large budgets. Then we read about Sally’s Ghost Hunt at Lake Compounce: The concept was what we were looking for.”

what i ment was it seemed to be somthing both sally and paramount worked on

Scooby Dark rides? Yes, as I stated, Six Flags St Louis and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. No other Paramount Park has Scooby and the Haunted Castle. The other Paramount Parks had Scooby dark rides, many of them much nicer, in my opinion, than Kings Island's, which suffered from re-using the Phantom Theater tracking and ride system to save costs.

And you quoted my post where I listed the Six Flags parks with Scooby dark rides, which are also listed on the webpage you cited!

Absolutely not. These contracts are confidential, and almost never released to the public or even investors. Many speculate as to what they contain, sometimes accurately, sometimes far less than that.

Many in the industry are particularly amused by the fairly common enthusiast speculations as to coaster exclusivity and/or multiple coaster installation contracts. Some such speculation is highly accurate, other times it is wildly off base.

Absolutely not. These contracts are confidential, and almost never released to the public or even investors. Many speculate as to what they contain, sometimes accurately, sometimes far less than that.

Many in the industry are particularly amused by the fairly common enthusiast speculations as to coaster exclusivity and/or multiple coaster installation contracts. Some such speculation is highly accurate, other times it is wildly off base.

i see , so alot of the post that refer to dates of ending contracts are mearly speculation? and not based of writen fact?

I seem to recall that Paramount itself said it had licensing rights to Scooby for SDATHC for 10 years during the media event when the ride was introduced. . .

ok , sorry for the confusion. i was under the impression there was a site you go to to get that info.....most ppl on here seem to be certain about contract or licensing dates. thanks for the clearifition